forum

Making Invite Links in #lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +373
show more
Oinari-sama

Marcin wrote:

I was about to post the same request, disallow writing in #lobby, and allow only putting invite link by clicking a button, this way we can get rid of moderating that channel and forcing people to do what they are supposed to do (which is impossible anyway)
That'll make #lobby a lot more useful than its current form. The room host however should be allowed to post comments too, since not everyone is familiar with [URL Comments] in chat.
Marcin
/mg message should be editable then :P
Nathanael
What I was just also thinking..

• Input
    [list:1337]99:99 Nathanael: /command_here custom_text
Output
  • 99:99 Nathanael: [multi_link_here custom_text]
deadbeat
i dream of the day this is added
Kitokofox
I fully support this with stars in my eyes. This'll make things 10% nicer in #lobby (Any improvement is good improvement @.@)
Yukiteru Amano
If you already have made the room and want to inv people. Wouldn't a simple /mg in any chat be better :)? In #CTB or #Taiko since in Lobby there almost only Standard players!
buny
Doesn't hurt to have it, but multi is a bit dead and so advertising isn't very necessary.

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

If you already have made the room and want to inv people. Wouldn't a simple /mg in any chat be better :)? In #CTB or #Taiko since in Lobby there almost only Standard players!
#lobby opens automatically every time you enter multiplayer

sadly, nobody checks it.
Oinari-sama
Any chance to look at this again?

Not many people knows how to advertise their room efficiently. Although I've seen a few smart hosts who "produced" their own link by inviting a friend and ask them what the room number is, this method is tedious to use (it not unknown). Having a function such as /npm or /mp will help hosts advertise their room more effectively.

Of course there can be added benefit of a "cleaner #lobby" should the devs choose to implement something like this:

Marcin wrote:

I was about to post the same request, disallow writing in #lobby, and allow only putting invite link by clicking a button, this way we can get rid of moderating that channel and forcing people to do what they are supposed to do (which is impossible anyway)
[ Hayama Umi ]
and it will useful in lobby,and we can easier to adv. our multi-game.
Lurei
Whew... well, yeah.

It should be implemented soon. It would save many people.

Edit: Whoa... such an old req. suddenly being bumped by someone else...
Foneza

LixRei wrote:

Whew... well, yeah.

It should be implemented soon. It would save many people.

Edit: Whoa... such an old req. suddenly being bumped by someone else...
Small but useful Idea. Since no one talks in #lobby, might as well use it for inviting purposes.
Yukiteru Amano
Bump ~~
Pawsu
a bit of an update if anyone want to see: p/3742095
Green Platinum
Yep, have some stars
giwari
Does this currently work I mean, was this implemented?
kai99
bumperinos
_lord_coconut_
i need this implemented
THDTC
When update
- Marco -

THDTC wrote:

When update
not yet :(

In the meantime, check community/forums/posts/4255273 if you haven't already :)
tatliturta
any updates on this topic?
ezgi
when