forum

[resolved] high ms and lagspikes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
arxwaa
Problem details:

a few days ago my game started to lagspike randomly and my ms went from 0,3 to 0,9 (it does not stop moving between 0.8 and 0.9), i tried optimal, unlimited fps, change resolutions and it didn't change anything, my pc isn't the problem and i have a 240hz monitor if it affects in something
ty in advance

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
THAT_otaku
please have a read through: wiki/en/performance-troubleshooting and try everything relating to your issue.

Try closing any unnecessary apps, especially discord.
Topic Starter
arxwaa
nothing works, i'll try reinstalling later
Death
0.8-0.9ms is roughly 1100 to 1200 FPS. That is far higher than what's needed to play the game.

If you're sitting consistently in that range, I don't really think it's worth spending a lot of time to try and fix this. If you're getting spikes higher than that consistently, then maybe troubleshooting is worth it, but reinstalling likely won't do anything for you.
Topic Starter
arxwaa
I tried osu!repair for the second time and it works more fluently now, ty for your help though
THAT_otaku

arxwaa wrote:

I tried osu!repair for the second time and it works more fluently now, ty for your help though
im just curious, what did you do in osu!repair specifically? theres quite a few options in there and just wanted to know for future refrence
Topic Starter
arxwaa
I don't think it could really help you but, I pressed "repair osu", and then started osu in compatibility mode, closed it, and opened it again but normally
THAT_otaku
oh hmm interesting :thinking:

TYTY