forum

I have quit mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
I am no longer interested in making maps because everyone is extremely toxic with what they think of my stuff. I tried to use their feedback properly, but most of it targets me negatively. Numerous called me the n-word during a conversation about me losing my interest with mapping, even though I am not black. It pushed me to the breaking point, and I decided to leave every Osu! server I was in on Discord. I am convinced that the mapping scene is absolute bullshittery that I no longer want to have a part of anymore. All of my maps will be permanently deleted in the next 28 days.

Goodbye. Shit like this is the reason why I never wanted to join the internet anyway.
JustABeginner
Modding phase is a challenge since mappers will throw lots of critics to improve your maps, even though you're confident your maps are good. In fact, most of your maps aren't fully ready to be modded. It's not that it's bad, it needs more polish to make it more quality. All it needs is time consuming - lots and lots of time consuming. And modding is not like a fairytale, people can be brutally honest in which section needs to be improved - apart from the conversation you just mentioned, you need a strong heart to approach them carefully and slowly.

Anyways, here's not a place to be vented like this sorry. See you next time and take a rest. o/
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

JustABeginner wrote:

Modding phase is a challenge since mappers will throw lots of critics to improve your maps, even though you're confident your maps are good. In fact, most of your maps aren't fully ready to be modded. It's not that it's bad, it needs more polish to make it more quality. All it needs is time consuming - lots and lots of time consuming. And modding is not like a fairytale, people can be brutally honest in which section needs to be improved - apart from the conversation you just mentioned, you need a strong heart to approach them carefully and slowly.

Anyways, here's not a place to be vented like this sorry. See you next time and take a rest. o/
It wasn't about modding. It was literal toxicity.

Anyway, I have quit mapping as a result.
JustABeginner
Still, sorry for you to experience a wrong handful people.

And just a reminder to people who are viewing this, just because people criticising your map is poorly made, or ignoring your maps doesn't mean it is toxicity. They either have no interests mapping/modding them or busy with other beatmaps. Don't care much about it and keep focusing about your mapping progression. Thanks! o/
Zelzatter Zero
Well, it's your path, your decision. If you decided to not be interested in mapping anymore, we won't interfere.

Goodbye then.
THAT_otaku
The forums are not a diary sorry.

the rules wrote:

This forum isn't made for personal diaries and blogs