forum

AI anticheat, what if?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TipanLogic
I think that cheaters is a problem of many games, but recentally I saw a video: https://youtu.be/LkmIItTrQP4
And started to think that it's possible to use something like this in osu!
Blushing
Besides the obvious fact that osu! isnt an FPS, the dev team is currently working on an anti-cheat for lazer as we speak.
Farfocele
hmmm, idk
BlueChinchompa
They are working on an anti-cheat for osu!lazer but I thought all anti-cheat were some sort of AI?
dung eater

BlueChinchompa wrote:

They are working on an anti-cheat for osu!lazer but I thought all anti-cheat were some sort of AI?
no
Stomiks
Oh yeah I watched that video as well. I'm not sure how AI anticheat would work for osu though, especially since AI is a new thing even though it's evolving rapidly.
her everything
man, i'm slowly afraid ai taking over
Stomiks

Aireunaeus wrote:

eh, I view it as a progression in our technological advancements. Just like cars replaced carriages, horses, etc. I'd imagine it'd be just improving our lives for the better, like AI anticheat.
her everything

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

eh, I view it as a progression in our technological advancements. Just like cars replaced carriages, horses, etc. I'd imagine it'd be just improving our lives for the better, like AI anticheat.
Well that’s true. Industry is advancing. The problem is that more people lose their jobs to the industry and AI is slowly taking over. For example i will work as a cook. It’ll someday happen that AI will replace us and that’s the scary part
Stomiks

Aireunaeus wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

Well that’s true. Industry is advancing. The problem is that more people lose their jobs to the industry and AI is slowly taking over. For example i will work as a cook. It’ll someday happen that AI will replace us and that’s the scary part
Isn't that the same for coachmen in the old days? As cars became the norm, they lost their jobs, but since people need to be taught on how to drive one, driving instructors popped up and became viable careers. I assume this would be the case for AI, as with all technological advancements. As technology advances, old jobs will be replaced by new ones.
THAT_otaku
not really necessary IMO but if it was implemented to the point where real hoomans still quickly check to make sure no false positives go through or something im sure it could help speed things up a lil.
her everything

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

Isn't that the same for coachmen in the old days? As cars became the norm, they lost their jobs, but since people need to be taught on how to drive one, driving instructors popped up and became viable careers. I assume this would be the case for AI, as with all technological advancements. As technology advances, old jobs will be replaced by new ones.
hmm the problem is that replaced jobs are mostly IT themed and most of them can't do IT stuff nowadays. but ofc people like me could do some sorts of jobs but need great knowledge of math
Stomiks

Aireunaeus wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

hmm the problem is that replaced jobs are mostly IT themed and most of them can't do IT stuff nowadays. but ofc people like me could do some sorts of jobs but need great knowledge of math
I think that should be the way when it comes to progressing our civilization. Tech jobs will be essential in the next few decades and if people aren't capable of working those jobs then I'm afraid they're gonna have to find some other profession to work in.
her everything

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

I think that should be the way when it comes to progressing our civilization. Tech jobs will be essential in the next few decades and if people aren't capable of working those jobs then I'm afraid they're gonna have to find some other profession to work in.
Welp that's hard at least the future is getting great with AI (so far)
HoosierTransfer
ai anticheat would run at like 20 fps on any computer that doesnt have a gpu with at least 7 compute power
okkayowoyakko
As long as it reduces my lag
Ymir

Okkayow wrote:

As long as it reduces my lag
might worsen it