forum

Half-Time pretty useful.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stickman92
I don't play with fixed scroll speed, its scaled with bpm. I keep it at 12(BPM Scale) regardless of song bpm. Optimal or not, I find my way more fun.

HT or DT mod, the note spacing doesn't change, only the scroll-speed because it scales with BPM.

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/157896#mania/392004
I found this song difficult to read so I used the HT to slow it down and learn the song.
I went from 88.04% to 92.46% acc.

Moral of the story: HT pretty useful when scroll-speed is scaled with bpm. Not sure if it's useful with fixed bpm scale.
Hoshimegu Mio
Why do you use scaled scroll speed this is a blasphemy!
Stomiks
I'm crying rn
Topic Starter
Stickman92

YyottaCat wrote:

Why do you use scaled scroll speed this is a blasphemy!
Used to be to git gud at SV changes, which meant geting used to different scroll-speeds. Then it became, I should be able to read this song regardless of it's scroll-speed. Now, just for fun. Low BPM songs can occasionally be quite the challenge, that's fun also.

Off-Topic:
Low scroll-speeds on a low BPM song is a good way to practice reading high BPM songs.

Notes are more dense on a high BPM song, physically difficult, but patterns are simpler.
Notes are less dense on low bpm song, physically easier, but patterns are more complex.

Lower the scroll-speed on the a low BPM song, and the notes will be more dense & complex but it's still physically easier. If you can get good acc like this, reading the same pattern on a high BPM will be much easier. Based on personal experience, your acc can sometimes be quite sh*t.

Anyways that's just theory talk. Practically speaking, just lower scroll-speed enough to be uncomfortable, but not so low to be unreasonably difficult. Probably around 50-80% of your usual scroll-speed, depends on the song.
rei et
Im crying
Kaaruumii

Stomiks wrote:

I'm crying rn
stickman92 vs stomiks multi when
Stomiks

Kaaruumii wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I'm crying rn
The guy will destroy my ass
miwiki
i've literally never used half time
Topic Starter
Stickman92

Stomiks wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I'm crying rn
I'm confused.
Stomiks

Stickman92 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I'm crying rn
I'm confused.
I can see that. My persona here used to be a stickman but that got shoved for a pfp collab I'm in.