forum

[GUIDE] How to improve in osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
show more
_Kancho_
does ET mean Etterna?
DeletedUser_16363950
all the advise i can give is train stamina and accuracy, thats what gets u pp.
animeslayergp

xXxDemiGodxXx wrote:

does ET mean Etterna?
yes and my advice is to take it 1 note at a time and try changing your skin to arrow while also playing etterna for 4k,if you want to be a top player,then you need to know 7k which again,take it one arrow at a time and dont give up untill your able to get finger control,even if it means having to play under 1star
mizu810
Started out in DJ MAX RESPECT V last year and been playing
a week now in Osu!mania and at first I didn't like it
and compared it to a scuffed DJ MAX but the skill ceiling is
endless in mania. So thanks for this guide.
Was a hard pill to swallow, but this shit takes years of practice
every damn day to be good, luckily enough I'm enjoying my time with
the game but reading that made me realize, I need to slow down and play
small bits a day or you will just Burn out so fast.
animeslayergp
ill probably always be novice but ive accepted it
iFiish
thanks now I'm pro
zeejhay24
It's so nice to see other players who improve on osu!mania. There is an osu!mania player that I previously overtakes usually. But now after several months of encountering that player, he/she (or what's so ever) usually overtakes my score and can now also able to score perfect 1,000,000 on such songs. That gave me humiliation. But on me, I wasn't able to improve. It keeps on giving me yellow (or low) 300 even I am in good timing. How do I improve?
[LS]PositoniX

zeejhay24 wrote:

It's so nice to see other players who improve on osu!mania. There is an osu!mania player that I previously overtakes usually. But now after several months of encountering that player, he/she (or what's so ever) usually overtakes my score and can now also able to score perfect 1,000,000 on such songs. That gave me humiliation. But on me, I wasn't able to improve. It keeps on giving me yellow (or low) 300 even I am in good timing. How do I improve?
for starters, dont compare yourself to other players. everyone improves at a different pace and comparing yourself to others is a negative mindset which holds back your improvement. focus on yourself and dont both with the improvement of others.

secondly, if you want to improve accuracy, era zenith made a guide to help with that: community/forums/topics/1217364

sometimes the only thing holding you back is your skin/setup, so zenith explains how to get rid of that bottleneck.
chesterkevind
Splash AkiYT

Doorknob wrote:

Drace too ET.

On a more serious note, tackling on what I've read on the advanced tips, some players (including me) has mixed results doing physical training for the search of faster finger pressing and individuality. From personal experience, I haven't noticed a concrete/large change with or without physical training. However, different people might have different results.

Take a look at ABCD, a BMS top ranker, for example. Gets enlisted for mandatory one year military service, and when he came back, he got even better and started hard clearing Overjoy 6 charts.

There are gods among men, and they do finger pushups while eating greens for power.
WHAT RANK AM I
2wr
almost none of the images load
Gamesnake7

uhmm wrote:

almost none of the images load
It's been 9 years since this thread was first made, I don't think the OP is going back to edit it

And this guide is outdated not only for 4K but also for all keymodes, so here's a more updated guide for 4K: community/forums/topics/1544205?n=1

And this one for 7K: community/forums/topics/1183779?n=1
teksnek
i give up ;-;
Gamesnake7

shatboi wrote:

i give up ;-;
Hmm, why?
teksnek

Gamesnake7 wrote:

shatboi wrote:

i give up ;-;
Hmm, why?
bad at game
Gamesnake7
Dw just put more time into playing the game then
bananahira

shatboi wrote:

i give up ;-;
bro, you are beginning lol, just keep playing
you can do it
Kaaruumii

shatboi wrote:

Gamesnake7 wrote:

shatboi wrote:

i give up ;-;
Hmm, why?
bad at game
you are literally improving faster than the average mania player dont be harsh on yourself like that
ItsOkkuplayz
THX BRO
mayoneeze
Thanks for the guide, I've recently felt like expanding the amount of rhythm games I'm able to play.

I still wonder if the stable default skin is really as bad as everyone seems to say? From what I've seen I'm not really a fan of the fanmade ones and it's alright when you mess with the skin.ini settings a bit. And scroll speed still bothers me because it always feels wrong when I switch maps, is that normal? Maybe I'll learn these things as I play more or maybe I'll end up staying in my taiko comfort zone instead.
Gamesnake7

mayoneeze wrote:

Thanks for the guide, I've recently felt like expanding the amount of rhythm games I'm able to play.

I still wonder if the stable default skin is really as bad as everyone seems to say? From what I've seen I'm not really a fan of the fanmade ones and it's alright when you mess with the skin.ini settings a bit. And scroll speed still bothers me because it always feels wrong when I switch maps, is that normal? Maybe I'll learn these things as I play more or maybe I'll end up staying in my taiko comfort zone instead.
It's true that the stable default skin is one of the worse skins out here, as the playfield is too thin to be actually able to read. You should replace it with any other skin, tbh
Stomiks
I literally can't play when I play with the stable default skin on lmao
mayoneeze
Thanks for your input @Gamesnake7 and @Stomiks, I might replace the entire skin later as I probably shouldn't be the contrarian when I'm the clueless one here.

But still like I said in my original post, I changed the lanes to be wider myself if that's what you mean by the playfield being too thin. Or are the bars wrong?
Kaaruumii

mayoneeze wrote:

Thanks for your input @Gamesnake7 and @Stomiks, I might replace the entire skin later as I probably shouldn't be the contrarian when I'm the clueless one here.

But still like I said in my original post, I changed the lanes to be wider myself if that's what you mean by the playfield being too thin. Or are the bars wrong?
nothing wrong with bar skins other than the default one by default is very tiny and the lane is too long to decipher the notes and patterns while you are playing, its up to you really if you want to keep playing with the default skin but downloading a skin is highly recommended
mayoneeze

Kaaruumii wrote:

nothing wrong with bar skins other than the default one by default is very tiny and the lane is too long to decipher the notes and patterns while you are playing, its up to you really if you want to keep playing with the default skin but downloading a skin is highly recommended
I agree and I'll look into fanmade bar skins more if I do get really into osu!mania and other vsrg's. Currently I don't see nothing wrong with my slightly modified setup. Skins really seem to be up to personal taste in the end.
scarykidrow
cant see the pictures anymore :/