forum

Losu! | Lost Beatmap Archive Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Small update to the lineup like usual, we've reached 500 maps now (yay)

Also, replay submission, submitted by osu! (Legit, the game itself)
Topic Starter
Kurboh
No spread update this week

Here's a silly video instead of me playing EZ mod on an otherwise impossible map
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Update, smaller than previous ones

Did this one very quickly today

Also, main thread was updated
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Update, more maps, more replays, 2 this week!

One is a ###### map:

The other is another BACK-ON map:

For next week, I invite you all to a competition for the best play in a maspet, an announcement in the server will be made tomorrow. Good luck to anyone interested in particapating!
Zeugziumy
Can I help contributing? I have some beatmaps that show "Not submitted" on my song selection screen, would you be looking for these? I also have a .zip file with a lot of beatmaps that I had before that I didn't want to delete, so rather, I just archived it.

For example, I have this beatmap:

The only thing that I have a few .mp3s that got some of the metadata changed as I had a folder for osu! songs on my iTunes back in the day. The songs still play fine in-game, though. And, speaking of .mp3s... I was always afraid of archival projects like these due to handling copyrighted files. So it's allowed to just share .mp3s here (zipped alongside the beatmap data), what are the guidelines to help on the project?

I'm mentioning this as I once thought about sharing songs I have on Stepmania once, on the Stepmania Reddit. In the case of Stepmania, I never uninstalled Stepmania 3.9. I have the exact same folder installation I had when I first installed that game (in like 2005 or so). So I think I have a lot of songs that got lost due to sites that hosted simfiles shut down.

Maybe I can also include things I created and never went around to finish them. Though I'm still thinking on that last one.
Topic Starter
Kurboh

Zeugziumy wrote:

Can I help contributing? I have some beatmaps that show "Not submitted" on my song selection screen, would you be looking for these? I also have a .zip file with a lot of beatmaps that I had before that I didn't want to delete, so rather, I just archived it.

Yup, you can contribute, and yes, that's the sort of stuff I'm looking for! Happy to hear you kept all of this stuff ^^
Just send them here or on discord, both work.

Zeugziumy wrote:

The only thing that I have a few .mp3s that got the metadata changed as I had a folder for osu! songs on my iTunes back in the day. The songs still play fine in-game, though. And, speaking of .mp3s... I was always afraid of archival projects like these due to handling copyrighted file. So it's allowed to just share .mp3s here (zipped alongside the beatmap data), what are the guidelines to help on the project?

I'm mentioning this as I once thought about sharing songs I have on Stepmania once, on the Stepmania Reddit. In the case of Stepmania, I never uninstalled Stepmania 3.9. I have the exact same folder installation I had when I first installed that game (in like 2005 or so). So I think I have a lot of songs that got lost due to sites that hosted simfiles shut down.
For copyright, since the project isn't very accessible to those who could strike such content (Konami as an example) I don't think theres much issues with those. And in case maps don't have their original mp3's, it's not too hard to find alternatives and adjust them to the original map (unless they're timed improperly, some are just pain...)

Zeugziumy wrote:

Maybe I can also include things I created and never went around to finish them. Though I'm still thinking on that last one.
Up to you. If you ever change your mind, I will remove the submission from the spreadsheet if you want me to :p
Zeugziumy

Kurboh wrote:

Zeugziumy wrote:

Yup, you can contribute, and yes, that's the sort of stuff I'm looking for! Happy to hear you kept all of this stuff ^^
Just send them here or on discord, both work.

Zeugziumy wrote:

The only thing that I have a few .mp3s that got the metadata changed as I had a folder for osu! songs on my iTunes back in the day. The songs still play fine in-game, though. And, speaking of .mp3s... I was always afraid of archival projects like these due to handling copyrighted file. So it's allowed to just share .mp3s here (zipped alongside the beatmap data), what are the guidelines to help on the project?

For copyright, since the project isn't very accessible to those who could strike such content (Konami as an example) I don't think theres much issues with those. And in case maps don't have their original mp3's, it's not too hard to find alternatives and adjust them to the original map (unless they're timed improperly, some are just pain...)

Zeugziumy wrote:

Up to you. If you ever change your mind, I will remove the submission from the spreadsheet if you want me to :p
Alright. Would you be okay if I add you directly on Discord and send you the Zipped files via DMs instead? I might just pack every "Not Submitted" map into a .zip, put on Mediafire, and send it to you. Then, you can upload to your Drive if you want, and put to the Spreadsheet.

It may take a while for me to get the "Not Submitted" maps, as I have to unzip my archived stuff (that is full of ranked maps) on top of my currently installed beatmaps, so if I don't send today, perhaps another day I will. I'm a busy guy that is always doing a lot of things in many different websites, so I can't specify any specific dates that this will be complete.

Edit:

Note that I may not include all 170 of them. As mentioned, there's a couple beatmaps I never got around finishing that I was working on, and I haven't decided yet if I'll share on the .zip.

Edit2:
What's the best way to get into the local folder of a beatmap via osu!? I know you can open the Editor, and open the folder directory from there. Are there chances of the beatmap corrupting if I do this? Would I become the "creator" by opening the Editor without doing any changes?
Topic Starter
Kurboh

Zeugziumy wrote:

Alright. Would you be okay if I add you directly on Discord and send you the Zipped files via DMs instead? I might just pack every "Not Submitted" map into a .zip, put on Mediafire, and send it to you. Then, you can upload to your Drive if you want, and put to the Spreadsheet.

It may take a while for me to get the "Not Submitted" maps, as I have to unzip my archived stuff (that is full of ranked maps) on top of my currently installed beatmaps, so if I don't send today, perhaps another day I will. I'm a busy guy that is always doing a lot of things in many different websites, so I can't specify any specific dates that this will be complete.
You could just add me on discord or you could also join the server if you'd like to. No need ask before you add me, just add me :p

Zeugziumy wrote:

Edit:

Note that I may not include all 170 of them. As mentioned, there's a couple beatmaps I never got around finishing that I was working on, and I haven't decided yet if I'll share on the .zip.
Like I said, no worries haha ^^

Zeugziumy wrote:

Edit2:
What's the best way to get into the local folder of a beatmap via osu!? I know you can open the Editor, and open the folder directory from there. Are there chances of the beatmap corrupting if I do this? Would I become the "creator" by opening the Editor without doing any changes?
Unless the map has an undefined mapper (for which then don't even know the mapper) or undefined bpm (I remember it caused some trouble with maps metadata resetting), I think the original mapper should stay the same
hubbard
to anyone still interested in this, i'm finally active in it again and looking for more unsubmitted guest difficulties to archive xd
abraker
add a gamemode column?
and if there are missing 4k mania maps between 2015 - 2019 I might have them

(alot of these are convert packs from other games, but still non insignificant amount are non converts)
Topic Starter
Kurboh

abraker wrote:

add a gamemode column?
Definitely should, will probably add another column for gamemodes and for mania in the difficulty I'll specify if it's 4K, 7K, etc.

Edit: finished doing that today, yay, update on this by the end of the week like usual

abraker wrote:

and if there are missing 4k mania maps between 2015 - 2019 I might have them

(alot of these are convert packs from other games, but still non insignificant amount are non converts)
For converts, if you know where you get them from, I often see coverts be a part of a different project where multiple are done or something like that, so I would highly appreciate if you find where you got the converts from.

Thank you for any submissions you make!
Topic Starter
Kurboh
New replay

Catch convert map
Vaxii
gahh damn that is cool, hope you can collect as many beatmaps as osu! has seen!!
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Update:
  1. Gamemode's listed in Spreadsheet, suggested by abraker
  2. New Map Pack: Verdi's Hell Pack - Containing many high star maps for osu!, taiko! and catch!
  3. Moved Map Pack List from the main post to Spreadsheer's Other Tables
  4. Two more Map Collections: Ono's Taiko Maps and Cyclohexane's Unsubmitted Maps
  5. And like always, more maps! (600 listed maps reached)
Tomorrow, I'll announce the first competition winner!

Vaxii wrote:

gahh damn that is cool, hope you can collect as many beatmaps as osu! has seen!!
Thank you! Appreciate it ^^
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Winner of the first Losu competition is zachub03!
Here's an awesome replay on the map for the competition: Groundhog (Beat Juggle)

Also, here's an additional replay from him as well
Farfocele
This is going well!
Topic Starter
Kurboh
New replay
I liked the song way too much couldnt help myself from NOT recording it
- Marco -
I like that song too
Niva
(fanzhen0019 showed me this thread)

yo o/

me and Natteke had done a similar preservation attempt in the past as well actually, based on what we had on our hard drives respectively. feel free to take what we were able to gather back then for your project :

http://twitter.com/Nivalyx/status/1205410929904455680
http://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1jrAzTkSdFc8MoF-eLwYSmy3nNKIJUbwZ

there are some more maps in addition to the above on Natteke's collection iirc, but the link to it no longer works for some reason... :(
fanzhen0019
always appreciate stuff like archiving things. this is like building the next gen treasures
i could provide a lot after i can use my old pc. the hard drive there stores the maps i got from early 2013. (i had another older hdd but it's broken. and i couldn't find it anywhere. it stored my songs folder from 2010)

some advices: column 'alt mapper' and words on column 'state' could be changed as:
alt mapper -> guest mapper
alt map -> guest diff

as a mapper, we usually use these words to refer a difficulty in a hosted mapset but not being mapped by the host. it's also an official name since in the mapper section of each's user page, there's a section called 'Guest Participation Beatmaps'.
Topic Starter
Kurboh

Niva wrote:

(fanzhen0019 showed me this thread)

yo o/
Hello!

(Looks like I asked a correct person)

Niva wrote:

me and Natteke had done a similar preservation attempt in the past as well actually, based on what we had on our hard drives respectively. feel free to take what we were able to gather back then for your project :

http://twitter.com/Nivalyx/status/1205410929904455680
http://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1jrAzTkSdFc8MoF-eLwYSmy3nNKIJUbwZ
Ohh, so that's what someone meant when they said about Lost Maps Projects existing before. I'll definitely add these (eventually)

Niva wrote:

also fwiw there are some more maps on Natteke's Google Drive but the link to the folder no longer works for some reason :(
I asked Natteke before, thankfully, the maps are now saved on his OneDrive which works and I got a bunch of stuff from there :)

Anyways, thanks for your contribution!

fanzhen0019 wrote:

always appreciate stuff like archiving things. this is like building the next gen treasures
i could provide a lot after i can use my old pc. the hard drive there stores the maps i got from early 2013. (i had another older hdd but it's broken. and i couldn't find it anywhere. it stored my songs folder from 2010)
No worries. I've gotten a couple of your maps in my map list waiting to get added to the spread, and my slow pace will lead to it appearing in a couple of months or more. So your history will be preserved :)

fanzhen0019 wrote:

some advices: column 'alt mapper' and words on column 'state' could be changed as:
alt mapper -> guest mapper
alt map -> guest diff

as a mapper, we usually use these words to refer a difficulty in a hosted mapset but not being mapped by the host. it's also an official name since in the mapper section of each's user page, there's a section called 'Guest Participation Beatmaps'.
Yup, I understand. Originally I chose the name alt mapper/map because not all of the maps that are added (in terms of unsubmitted maps in a submitted mapset) are from a guest mapper. Originally I called them Bonus Maps from a name I found for one in a description of a ranked mapset (can't remember which one) but I changed it. Anyways, I'll definitely change Alt Mapper to Guest Mapper because this one makes way more sense. As for Alt Maps, I'll see what others in the Losu Team say :p
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Another update, more beatmaps.
I finally also did the side text to explain some stuff about the spreadsheet.
Lastly, new video, and uhm, it's kinda explicit in its bg, sooo, have fun watching :3
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Mid week upload
This time it it's explicit in its audio!

What could be after that? Explicit video!? owo
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Winner of the second Losu competition is vYper2011!
Here's his replay of the map with a very cursed song: Keep Your Head (NIGHTMARECORE MIX)

Also, more maps added :3
Rigbyuis
woah this is very epic owo
Topic Starter
Kurboh
This project is one year old now!

I promise I'll return to this, just wanted to enjoy the game again and play it more instead of just archiving

Also,

Rigbyuis wrote:

woah this is very epic owo
Thank youuuu!
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Hello, it's the owner of the Losu! Project, Kurboh, talking to you all for the last time in this thread.

I'm sad to say that, due to the amount of school work I currently have, a lack of free time and motivation to the project and the low amount of support had made me decide on leaving this project.

Looks like archive projects never really reach their goals they set for themselves haha, but oh well.

I decided for my final video to make my own map with slider art as a little thank you to those who supported me ^^

It was fun working on this and I'll miss you all! Thank you for you all checking this project and for those who ran the project with me. Good luck without me, I'm sure you all will do well! Goodbyeee
hubbard
Really sucks to see a project with so much potential go under :( been a nice time working on this, maybe someone will pick up where we left off..
Kobold84
Shame I didn't know about this project before today. :cry:
Really sad to see it go...
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Alright, it's been a week and a day since april fools, let's get back on track!

Spreadsheet update is the biggest one yet, with around 150 maps getting added
This now means the spreadsheet has over 800 beatmaps listed (over 750 playable)!

Also, tried to update the design of the spreadsheet to better seperate mapsets from one another, but it will be temporary until I find a better solution

Here's a video as well for this week!

As you can tell, most replay have been of the standard gamemode, some of catch, so if any good taiko or mania players are interest, you can submit replay to appear on this channel!

Will see you soon again!
Farfocele
hype
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Do we skip 900 for this week?

Edit:
yup, I did :p
announcment coming tomorrow
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Update:
The Spreadsheet now has 1000 maps listed inside of it!
Now that's the biggest map increase the project ever had (around 200 new maps added!)

This ones dedicated for all the mania players as most of the maps added were for that gamemode
Don't worry taiko and catch players, you'll get more stuff soon ;p

I'm here to also say that from now on, I recommend downloading the spreadsheet for the project as it I've notice how Google Drive removes all the colouring I did for difficulties and map statuses

Also, due to the map amount, I've decided to devide the spreadsheet into multiple lists, sorting maps by their status

Lastly, let's congratulate vYper2011 or winning another Losu Competition held last week!

Thanks for reading!
Topic Starter
Kurboh
Hello! Taking a break from this project.

Though I will continue posting youtube replays of maps found through this project!

Firstly, this one's one of the first I found last year:

Secondly, found it recently, unfortunately, it's not a complete map

Thirdly, this ones INSANE! xd

Lastly, here's a competition play, and I'd like to congratulate Kobold84 for the victory!

That's all for now!
TSUBASA0504
I have looked through my un-submitted maps, and i found out most of map i have as un-submitted is some loved/ranked map but with really slight difference(such as it missing 1 slider), and i have no idea whats going on
Topic Starter
Kurboh

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

I have looked through my un-submitted maps, and i found out most of map i have as un-submitted is some loved/ranked map but with really slight difference(such as it missing 1 slider), and i have no idea whats going on
Huh, that's strange, where did you download them from?
TSUBASA0504

Kurboh wrote:

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

I think i downloaded most of maps through this: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/rsyqs7/osu_beatmap_pack_mega_collection/

Here's an example:
ss/18624262/ddb1
beatmapsets/1445696#osu/2978746
Topic Starter
Kurboh

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

Kurboh wrote:

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

I think i downloaded most of maps through this: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/rsyqs7/osu_beatmap_pack_mega_collection/

Here's an example:
ss/18624262/ddb1
Ahhh, that can be really annoying, yea, osu! sometimes doesn't recognise some maps when some objects are changed, instead of showing that the map needs to update, instead it shows the maps as unsubmitted.

But downloading those maps individually again from the beatmap page of the map should fix those issues
TSUBASA0504

Kurboh wrote:

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

Kurboh wrote:

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

Here's an example:
ss/18624262/ddb1
Ahhh, that can be really annoying, yea, osu! sometimes doesn't recognise some maps when some objects are changed, instead of showing that the map needs to update, instead it shows the maps as unsubmitted.

But downloading those maps individually again from the beatmap page of the map should fix those issues
Some maps even has a different name, and i don't think i edited any of these maps, how could any of this happen???
ss/18624415/b2fe
beatmapsets/1655138#osu/3673700
Topic Starter
Kurboh

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

Kurboh wrote:

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

Kurboh wrote:

TSUBASA0504 wrote:

Here's an example:
ss/18624262/ddb1

Some maps even has a different name, and i don't think i edited any of these maps, how could any of this happen???
ss/18624415/b2fe
beatmapsets/1655138#osu/3673700
Well, mappers often change the names of their difficulties too and other stuff about maps

It's weird however that they were included in a beatmap pack with only ranked maps while they weren't fully ranked then, hmmm...
show more