forum

osu!-karaoke Grand Prix FINAL ROUND

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Looking for a judge to replace Zelos if he doesn't make it on time.

(or a back-up judge in general)

EDIT: lulz, he just txt'd me 8 minutes later with his scores
Krisom
Asking for an extension to thursday. If that's not possible, I fear I might have to skip this round.
EDIT: That was meant to be "until friday", anyways, I alredy recorded so nvm
jjrocks

animask wrote:

Looking for a judge to replace Zelos if he doesn't make it on time.

(or a back-up judge in general)

EDIT: lulz, he just txt'd me 8 minutes later with his scores
You should probably change the first page then .3.
Nekoroll

animask wrote:

Cheater. You used the bathroom for an echo effect or something.
You really should've added an instrumental, but it still sounds good.
I like how you changed the song a little to your own style.
Poisonchan wasn't cheating technically. Her computer setup is in a room that is pretty empty and thus, causes the echo. She comes on vent sometimes and it is the same echo that was present in her entry. It did well to mask her singing and I judged according to how it would sound without the echo but for other judges it may have been a little misleading. To be more correct, she was taking advantage of the sound dynamics in her computer's room. So although not "cheating," it does pose a problem if the other judges aren't able to hear the voice without the echo.

On a separate note, entries for this round are due tomorrow! I can't wait to hear everyone's submissions. :)
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
I was just kidding about the cheating thing lol

(I should remember to use colors in my judging.)
KoromoAmae
Since it's the due date can we get the topic for round 4?
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

KoromoAmae wrote:

Since it's the due date can we get the topic for round 4?
I like the theme itself, but I hope you guys can pick a good song with it.

Also, giving poison-chan a special extension, but I'll be sending in all the other entries first.
Xgor

animask wrote:

The current theme is...
Video Game Music/Songs -> Round FOUR!
Oh, one question. Does remixes count or is only the originals count. It's quite a difference if remixes are allowed
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Xgor wrote:

animask wrote:

The current theme is...
Oh, one question. Does remixes count or is only the originals count. It's quite a difference if remixes are allowed
Remixes are allowed.
Krisom

animask wrote:

The current theme is...
2nd Category: Electronic/Techno and etc. Songs
Entries due by Saturday, June 25th
Does the video-game music includes stuff like Guitar Hero / DDR / Project Diva music? I mean, those songs were not specially made for those games but they appear there. Under that reasoning, I could sing (by example) The Middle or Gigantic Girl and I'd be inside the rules, right?
OzzyOzrock
Oh I hope.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
As long as you have proof that its in the actual game.

( Unless its a song from some community based game like osu!, stepmania, and etc. Obviously. )

Also, if someone sings a song from any Taiko game, include the taiko drumming in the BG~ (If possible.)
OzzyOzrock

animask wrote:

Also, if someone sings a song from any Taiko game, include the taiko drumming in the BG~ (If possible.)
Ooh, really? Is this for proof or... why?
Nekoroll
The theme for this round is so broad now that you've opened it up that much. LOL

:P I hope you all pick some interesting songs since you have a ton of choices.
alvisto
Submitted my entry for round 4 ! yay~

Hehe

On a sidenote, thanks to all the judges' comments. I really love to read you all's comments, and I appreciate you guys' effort into judging our entries. xD

Also kudos to animask for letting this grand prix run so smoothly and swiftly xD

P.S. : rust45, could I personally request a MAT mod from you for my pity map of this that won't get any attention ? xD LOL
Evans In Wonderland

Thanks if you do, and also thanks if you don't. xD
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

OzzyOzrock wrote:

animask wrote:

Ooh, really? Is this for proof or... why?
Nah, just cuz it would be cool. :P You only need to add a source.
KoromoAmae
Judging due tomorrow!

I'll be doing something made for a jrpg for round 4, since the guitar hero thing seems like a cop-out.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Nekoroll?? Where are you?
Nekoroll
Will send in my results in the next hour. Sorry about the delay. No excuses here.
jjrocks
Ah god, totally forgot until 40 minutes ago...so then I did it...and now it's submitted.....yeah.
Nekoroll
My results are submitted.

For some reason, I want to give the other contestants stuff too. XD I am really enjoying all these submissions and appreciate everyone's hard work.
Nekoroll
Sorry for the double post, but entry deadline is tomorrow, the 25th! :D Please gather up your entries and submit them!

...Unless animask granted another extension without updating the OP. XD
Krisom
I would love an extension until sunday because I don't think I'll be able to record today/tomorrow on MY mic, and I wanted to borrow my brother's PC again...
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Krisom wrote:

I would love an extension until sunday because I don't think I'll be able to record today/tomorrow on MY mic, and I wanted to borrow my brother's PC again...
Done.
KoromoAmae
aaaaaaniiiiiimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaask, you're late! and we can't fire the host for late judging!
KoromoAmae
Requesting a last minute extension due to the fact that we're still waiting on a new judge, only 2 submissions are even in, and I finally had an epiphany at work about what song I should do.
OzzyOzrock
I'm singing everything in the world to get things done ahead of time.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Extension, cuz poisonchan (again) 1 Day Extension

Also, my internet is failing me, and we still need a judge.
KoromoAmae
I thought I was bad at reading romaji fast enough to sing it. I'm even worse at reading romanized hymmnos.

Edit for happy fun lyrical time.

(chorus)
Fou ki ra hyear presia reen
Was zweie ra na stel zuieg manaf
Ma zweie ra irs manaf chyet oz omnis

(verse)
en na cyurio re chyet
Was touwaka gaya presia accrroad ieeya
Nn num gagis knawa na lequera walasye
Was quel gagis presia accrroad ieeya whou wearequewie fogabe
alvisto
Is it possible to post the next theme already ? I might not have any free time afterwards to record any songs xD
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

alvisto wrote:

Is it possible to post the next theme already ? I might not have any free time afterwards to record any songs xD
Yeah, I'll do that and try to judge all the entries with my constantly d/cing internet.
KoromoAmae
Could you also post links to the entries here at the same time as the judges get them, instead of waiting til everything's done before we can hear them?
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder
Sorry for the delay.

Tomorrow I will be sending the Round 4 entries and calculating the ranks.

I should be done with everything I need to catch up on by tomorrow.

Internet is really bad now...

EDIT: Also, end of Round 4 is officially tomorrow (about 10 hours from now.)
In case one of the few people left have time to submit something.
KoromoAmae
Well since we're just waiting around for a bit, here's my joke entry from the TV/Movie theme round.

http://puu.sh/2jUO

It's the intro to Yumeiro Patissiere Professional, which if you haven't watched, you should. And the first season.
Nekoroll

KoromoAmae wrote:

Well since we're just waiting around for a bit, here's my joke entry from the TV/Movie theme round.

http://puu.sh/2jUO

It's the intro to Yumeiro Patissiere Professional, which if you haven't watched, you should. And the first season.
Hahaha. But you sang the intro to the second season, Koromo. XD Still funny though. lol
Krisom
Wait what?
I did send you my recording for round 3! Also this really pisses me off since it was probably my best recording. You could at least had let me know that I didn't make it in time if I didn't (and I'm fairly sure I did, I sent it a thursday and I remember that the deadline was a friday)

Whatever, I'm leaving this. I was not able to record for round 4 because of exams, and wihout round 3 I'm probably dead anyways.

Just in case of curiosity: http://up.ppy.sh/files/gravity.mp3
Enjoy.
Topic Starter
Sleep Powder

Krisom wrote:

Wait what?
I did send you my recording for round 3! Also this really pisses me off since it was probably my best recording. You could at least had let me know that I didn't make it in time if I didn't (and I'm fairly sure I did, I sent it a thursday and I remember that the deadline was a friday)

Whatever, I'm leaving this. I was not able to record for round 4 because of exams, and wihout round 3 I'm probably dead anyways.

Enjoy.
Oh, I'm sorry. I probably didn't see it because it didn't say Round 3 in the subject line.
Nekoroll

Krisom wrote:

Wait what?

Enjoy.
:( Don't be mad, Krisom. I was actually wondering where your recording was since your name was bolded in the OP but I hadn't received your file from animask. I enjoy listening to your singing and I'll gladly edit my results for round 3 to accommodate your submission.

Bad animask, BAD.

Edit: I've edited my results to accommodate Krisom's entry and have resubmitted to animask.
Krisom
It's ok, not like if I'll have time to record with one week left of exams. I'll miss round 5 anyways.

Also Nekoroll you're the best judge and I love your dedication to this.
<3
Nekoroll

Krisom wrote:

It's ok, not like if I'll have time to record with one week left of exams. I'll miss round 5 anyways.

Also Nekoroll you're the best judge and I love your dedication to this.
<3
Awwwww. :3 <3 I just enjoy this and like to see that it succeeds. XD Haha hopefully next Grand Prix, we'll have a lot more contestants.

Also animask, how many rounds is this running for?
show more