Gamesnake7
Uhh this goes in the Video Games sub-forum ig? Idrk
Topic Starter
Poptont

Gamesnake7 wrote:

its a mania game and the topic is about gameplay
Hoshimegu Mio
Because people know nothing outside of FNF.
Gamesnake7

Poptont wrote:

Gamesnake7 wrote:

its a mania game and the topic is about gameplay
Oh ok I guess
TheAngryNerd101
Why do people find fnf mods as a whole to be hard... or actually, why do they find it good? The gameplay aspect of all of them is absolutely horrendous. Playing these poorly charted asinine charts is like cleaning a wet diarrhea stain with sand paper. Is it difficult? Kinda. But is it fun? FUCK NO. These charts are honestly so bad, that if you took a 7-year old's first Super Mario Maker 2 level that's titled "super hard" but in reality it's just enemy spam and translated it into a rhythm game chart, the result would be any fnf mod that tried to be "super hard". It's an anomaly of rhythm game charting! I have never seen a compilation of crap this large since Action 52 for the NES! I'd rather superglue my ass to poison ivy than play these trainwrecks.
Topic Starter
Poptont

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

Why do people find fnf mods as a whole to be hard... or actually, why do they find it good? The gameplay aspect of all of them is absolutely horrendous. Playing these poorly charted asinine charts is like cleaning a wet diarrhea stain with sand paper. Is it difficult? Kinda. But is it fun? FUCK NO. These charts are honestly so bad, that if you took a 7-year old's first Super Mario Maker 2 level that's titled "super hard" but in reality it's just enemy spam and translated it into a rhythm game chart, the result would be any fnf mod that tried to be "super hard". It's an anomaly of rhythm game charting! I have never seen a compilation of crap this large since Action 52 for the NES! I'd rather superglue my ass to poison ivy than play these trainwrecks.
spittin fax
Wise Monster
play mania is cringe
Topic Starter
Poptont

Wise Monster wrote:

play mania is cringe
ur cringe then
wwowie
wdym bro bob run is the hardest ef en ef chart
Gamesnake7

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

I've seen this point lots of times, and it's still true, what

Gonna wait for an FNF mod with an actually decent charting (except for VS Camellia lol we all know that)
Haengsyo
mania cringe, play o2jam/BMS
Gamesnake7

Haengsyo wrote:

Or Etterna :cool:
midgy

Haengsyo wrote:

o2jam/bms CRINGE! play a real rhythm game like PaRappa the Rapper or Project DiVa, smh my head these noobs
Yuudachi-kun
Robeats is better than FNF

And everytime I see FNF I think Five Nights at Freddy's first instead of *that* game
midgy

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

And everytime I see FNF I think Five Nights at Freddy's first instead of *that* game
thank god i'm not the only one
Hoshimegu Mio

midgy wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Me too.
Haengsyo

midgy wrote:

o2jam/bms CRINGE! play a real rhythm game like PaRappa the Rapper or Project DiVa, smh my head these noobs
PaRappa the Rapper/Project DiVa CRINGE! play a real rhythm game like Piano Tiles 2 or Geometry Dash, smh my head these noobs
midgy

Haengsyo wrote:

midgy wrote:

PaRappa the Rapper/Project DiVa CRINGE! play a real rhythm game like Piano Tiles 2 or Geometry Dash, smh my head these noobs
imagine thinking geometry dash is a better rhythm game than Donkey Konga, smh my head mobile gamers
Topic Starter
Poptont

YyottaCat wrote:

midgy wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Me too.
i used to see it as fnaf but ive gotten so used to fnf fans screaming in my face "FNF IS BETTER THAN OSU IDIOT" that when i see fnaf i think of fnf instead of the other way around
Plushsune
uh-oh i'm gonna rant

the fnf community has all the faults of the rest of the vsrg community but absurdly worse and that's saying a lot, it's like looking in a broken mirror

rhythm games have always been a genre that even the smallest of feats can be considered impressive towards people who don't play the game as much so idk why it's really a thing to get annoyed about, it's such a low hanging fruit to make fun of at this point

ofc i don't want to act like i'm above people since i can get kinda heated over simple video games occasionally but the main problem is everyone thinks they're a free thinker for whatever reason and far too much nonconstructive negativity is being spread left and right onto people's work, the community treats modders or the mods themselves like sports teams rather than human beings and nobody can really do anything about it
it gets worse when people that are uneducated on rhythm games are ones with a large social media platform, opinions based off false facts get broadcasted and then the community echos it out further while bottlenecking actual useful information, it happens time and time again

if you ever want to not be a toxic rhythm gamer in the future just look at the fnf community and just take them as an example on what not to do in the future
midgy

LuriCookie wrote:

rhythm games have always been a genre that even the smallest of feats can be considered impressive towards people who don't play the game as much so idk why it's really a thing to get annoyed about, it's such a low hanging fruit to make fun of at this point
this.
tbh i don't see the reason for the hate on the fnf community at all, i think more people need to realise that the people playing fnf simply don't care that osu! has the better engine, maps or whatever, they simply want a nice aesthetic and a simple game they can follow so cute anime chars rapping trumps osu!
not everyone is playing the game to be the best ever, a lot of them are simply playing a game they know and having fun while not caring about the flaws, i used to do the exact same thing with gacha kmmos when i was younger, i knew they were money grabs but i didn't care cause i was still having fun and enjoying the game for other reasons instead of playing the "better" wow or runescape since they just weren't as cute ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Keiru_old_1

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

the songs arent made to be too hard so they can sound decent
Hoshimegu Mio

Keiru wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

They sound absolutely horrendous as well.
Keiru_old_1

YyottaCat wrote:

Keiru wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

they are made by people who click notes into fl instead of using a keyboard (meaning that they really arent gonna be that good)
also rozebud is really good at music
Hoshimegu Mio

Keiru wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

Keiru wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

they are made by people who click notes into fl instead of using a keyboard (meaning that they really arent gonna be that good)
BMS charts are way better.
Keiru_old_1

YyottaCat wrote:

Keiru wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

Keiru wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

where did the charts come from i thought we were talking about the music
nootnoot6989
Friday Night Funkin' is not a bad game in general (plus being my first rhythm game lol), but it's the community that is slowly damaging the game.

so here are some things that made me hate the FNF community
  1. at one point small parts of the fnf community were sending death threats to the whitty mod creator over a jack chart
  2. some mod creators were pedophiles (you might probably know about Amor)
  3. R34 on Sky
  4. community members overracting when it comes to a "hard" charts
  5. the HD mods being very low effort
  6. Comminuty Games (the youtube channel) milking every FNF mod for views and money
Topic Starter
Poptont

Keiru wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

Keiru wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

Keiru wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

where did the charts come from i thought we were talking about the music
both

nootnoot6989 wrote:

Friday Night Funkin' is not a bad game in general (plus being my first rhythm game lol), but it's the community that is slowly damaging the game.

so here are some things that made me hate the FNF commiunty
  1. at one point small parts of the fnf community were sending death threats to the whitty mod creater over a jack chart
  2. some mod creaters were pedophiles (you might probably know about Amor)
  3. R34 on Sky
  4. community members overracting when it comes to a "hard" charts
  5. the HD mods being very low effort
  6. Comminuty Games (the youtube channel) milking every FNF mod for views and money
tf didnt know r34 was allowed on mods lol
nootnoot6989

Poptont wrote:

tf didnt know r34 was allowed on mods lol
The problem is that r34 is done without the mod/original-character creator’s permission (most of the time), and people don’t care about age.

Sky was a massive problem because the creator of Sky was 13 (or 14) years old and r34 of the character was being made, this resulted the Sky mod to be taken down on GameBanna.
Hoshimegu Mio
I think one of the main problems is that the ENTIRETY of FNF is obsessed with making GARBAGE that is UNPLAYABLE and puts DENSITY over anything else.
midgy

YyottaCat wrote:

I think one of the main problems is that the ENTIRETY of FNF is obsessed with making GARBAGE that is UNPLAYABLE and puts DENSITY over anything else.
doesn't fnf just spam minijacks? osu is the game that puts density over everything else, everyone on this game actively avoids all anchors and jacks even in their chordjack maps
Hoshimegu Mio

midgy wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

doesn't fnf just spam minijacks? osu is the game that puts density over everything else, everyone on this game actively avoids all anchors and jacks even in their chordjack maps
FNF maps look like one rope of straight jacks with awful dumps on the side. Sometimes it's more.
Gamesnake7

midgy wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

A bit ironic since chordjack has the word jack in it
I believe Yyotta mean the mods like the Dave & Bambi mod, and I'm pretty sure there are more than 3 ranked maps with longjacks either way
midgy

YyottaCat wrote:

midgy wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

FNF maps look like one rope of straight jacks with awful dumps on the side. Sometimes it's more.
yeah, not saying they good, but it's not fair to say they put density over anything else when osu! is definitely more apparetnly doing it

Gamesnake7 wrote:

A bit ironic since chordjack has the word jack in it
I believe Yyotta mean the mods like the Dave & Bambi mod, and I'm pretty sure there are more than 3 ranked maps with longjacks either way
yeah most chordjack files minimise the amount of jacks in them to make them as easy for the density (also star rating because people want pp) as possible instead of trying to make the difficult part of the map the focus.

there really aren't like any longjack ranked maps that don't have something else as a much more apparent difficulty spike since they don't give star rating people are generally just scared of them.
Gamesnake7
Might explain why The Lost Dedicated (10th dan jack) is harder than most of chordjack maps with similar SR, is it right?
midgy
exactly the lost dedicated has longjack section that is the hardest part
mystV

midgy wrote:

exactly the lost dedicated has longjack section that is the hardest part
long jack :)
GalaxyWolf647

YyottaCat wrote:

midgy wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Me too.
me too
Pckables

GalaxyWolf647 wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

midgy wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Me too.
me too
Why would you necro this nightmare of a thread, I was happier before having read all this.
Kaaruumii

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

I know this thread got necroed but god damn this is funny lmao
TheAngryNerd101

Kaaruumii wrote:

I know this thread got necroed but god damn this is funny lmao
thanks lol ^_^
Topic Starter
Poptont
bro this is a 9 month old post why are people coming back lol
Gamesnake7

Poptont wrote:

bro this is a 9 month old post why are people coming back lol
Idk