forum

Help Inserting Break Times

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sophrosyne
Ugh, I feel like I'm asking too many questions. Anyways, whenever I try to add a break time in my beatmap, it doesn't do anything. It either puts a gray line in between, a red line, or says that there isn't enough space. I've looked at multiple forums, and none have been any help. Can someone please explain what I need to do to get it to actually work? Thanks!
Endaris
Grey lines are breaks.
To limit your breakarea you have to place a hitobject at start and end of the planned break, then go inbetween the hitobjects in compose-mode and click the "insert break time"-button.
If you wanna remove an automated break you can rightclick on it in the top timeline to remove it.
Bara-
Doesn't it work as intended then?

If the gap is too small, it means the time for the break to start and to end is lower then the time between the 2 objects, therefore making it inpossible to place a break.

@Endaris, good to know about right-click to remove them, never knew that O.o
Endaris
It only works for short ones though, for long ones it will refuse to do that ;<

Ctrl+P is the shortcut to place a new timing section, Editor is magic
Topic Starter
sophrosyne

Endaris wrote:

Grey lines are breaks.
To limit your breakarea you have to place a hitobject at start and end of the planned break, then go inbetween the hitobjects in compose-mode and click the "insert break time"-button.
If you wanna remove an automated break you can rightclick on it in the top timeline to remove it.

oh. ..... God, I feel stupid. I don't even know what I doing wrong. :lol: Anyways, thanks for the help!
also, is there a minimum amount of seconds that you can have between two hitobjects for you to add a break?
Endaris
If the break is too short the break area in the top timeline will be red instead of grey to indicate that the break is too short!
I don't know if there's a certain value so just try it.
Bara-
It's purely based on AR
Let's say you have object A, break, object B
A break can only exist when A is dissapeared before B comes in. At AR 10, 1-2 beats are sometimes even enough. At AR0, expect at least 8, because of the slow AR circle
sqkriwvy
also how do I add a blue line before the break so it will start a little bit later?
DeletedUser_13957006
dont necro
Zelzatter Zero

Kreyk29 wrote:

also how do I add a blue line before the break so it will start a little bit later?
Ctrl+B to add a bookmark.

However that haves nothing to do with adjusting break timing. Just hover the break start or end until you see the cursor being in the <--> shape then hold and drag, and that's it.

Also don't necropost.
RJRickJunior
I need in osu!lazer,
[[[[[[
necro momment 2