forum

is it the switches or i just have to get used to mech

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Szigany
so a few days ago i got a mechanical keyboard, it has outemu red switches, and now i'm having a hard time playing. my accuracy sucks now, the hits seem really unpredictable, i randomly get 200s and rarely 100s.
do i just have to play more to get used to it or are the switches bad for osu!mania? (they aren't lubed or the keyboard isn't modded in any way)
TheAngryNerd101
It's a matter of getting used to it. If you played membrane or with different mech switches before, adjusting to new ones takes some time. It took me like 2 weeks to get used to my new mech keyboard, all you have to do is kinda relearn a few basics first (like playing some easy maps). You're not going to adjust to a change over night.

If you can't get used to it after a long time of usage then maybe there is something wrong with the board itself.
Kaaruumii
it could be the polling rate of your keyboard, can you tell us what keyboard you have?
Topic Starter
Szigany

Kaaruumii wrote:

it could be the polling rate of your keyboard, can you tell us what keyboard you have?
it's a White Shark GK-2102 LEGIONNAIRE-X (it's pretty popular in my country)
i'm not sure if you guys outside Europe ever heard of this brand
Kaaruumii
try SSing this converted to mania beatmapsets/57424#osu/173084
midgy
play more w
Topic Starter
Szigany

Kaaruumii wrote:

well i got 1 200 but other than that it was perfectly fine
Kaaruumii

Szigany wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

it possibly could be ranging from 125 hz - 1000 hz polling rate, the only information i could find on white shark keyboard polling rate is here https://www.photopoint.ee/en/peripherals/1530614-white-shark-gaming-keyboard-imperator-gk-1801

this keyboard says 1000 hz polling rate which 1000hz+ is ideal for next to no input delay, its not the same one you have because i couldnt find any results for your exact keyboard, not even from the official companies site was i able to find info about your current keyboard for its polling rate. also chord splitting may be an issue so try playing some chordjack maps and see if you can consistently hit marvelouses

tldr your keyboard might not be too much of an issue and you should try getting used to it
Topic Starter
Szigany

Kaaruumii wrote:

Szigany wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

it possibly could be ranging from 125 hz - 1000 hz polling rate, the only information i could find on white shark keyboard polling rate is here https://www.photopoint.ee/en/peripherals/1530614-white-shark-gaming-keyboard-imperator-gk-1801

this keyboard says 1000 hz polling rate which 1000hz+ is ideal for next to no input delay, its not the same one you have because i couldnt find any results for your exact keyboard, not even from the official companies site was i able to find info about your current keyboard for its polling rate. also chord splitting may be an issue so try playing some chordjack maps and see if you can consistently hit marvelouses

tldr your keyboard might not be too much of an issue and you should try getting used to it
wow. i appreciate that you did quite some research. actually, i did experience some accuracy problems when i pressed 2 notes at once (that's what chord splitting is?), but i just blame that on my fingers since i've only played osu!mania with this board for like 2 days. i think now i'm concerned that it's only a matter of getting used to it.

thank you for your feedback!
Kaaruumii

Szigany wrote:

i did experience some accuracy problems when i pressed 2 notes at once (that's what chord splitting is?)
yep, also if you ever decide to refund it or replace your keyboard then you can checkout this spreadsheet for buying options (just look for the ones that is listed under RG Quality thats rated Fair) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hNMXn_nkpXZIpDHZBcp95E7OweL4594_WDLCY_vTvm0/edit#gid=0