forum

how do you cope with missing notes when playing for FC?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bananahira
title

this only goes to anyone who plays for 99+% acc FC's, sometimes im heavily focused, but i have ADHD and even therapists doesn't fucking know what to recommend to deal with, when i miss notes on a map i already know and i shitmiss, i want to fucking rip my hands off
DeltaNami
Don't play for FCs just let them happen lol
midgy
try to not focus at all instead, just try to get into a flow state where you absent mindedly hit the notes and then you don't even realise you're holding fc and no nerves, works for me at least
pofnkul
dont grind for fc's and develop the consistency and confidence to pull them off on command
Topic Starter
bananahira

Delta386 wrote:

Don't play for FCs just let them happen lol

pofnkul wrote:

dont grind for fc's and develop the consistency and confidence to pull them off on command
damn i've been trying to get this "skill" for like 3 years and i still can't do it, i think i just need to end myself

i try the FC's when i'm on the mood and i really think i can do it, ity happened to Go Beyond, Kaze no Naka no subaru, Hydra and Snows soshite Kosaki, i really can't just get in the "zone" since ADHD just keeps my mind focusing on even the tiniest fly on my room.

the times i've got a FC on "zone" and just happened, are 97's or even 96's, just mediocre FC's

i dont know what to do
pofnkul
consistency is something that takes a really long time develop.

focus is a key part in that so there would be some issues with your adhd. if you could get some treatment that would be very helpful

lastly your mindset is deteriorating, which is just a general issue, you might wanna just take a step back from the game although im not the most qualified on your situation
togmea
Your life is more than mania, and mania isn’t standard, FCs don’t make or break your scores.

It’s good to have goal to work towards but it kind of looks like it’s becoming an obsession of yours that’s clearly frustrating you, and I doubt the lack of mental clarity when compounded by your condition is very helpful for achieving your goal.

Try working on other stuff, things that you know you excel at and drives you to improve.

Unrelated but remember that mania isn’t a bubble and other vsrgs exist. Someone who looks like they’re improving exceedingly fast likely is just transferring from another game.
Hoshimegu Mio
Just... don't care about it I guess. Go play other maps, and come back later to find that it's a piece of cake to FC the map you previously had trouble on.
Gamesnake7
As every other player said, don't go for FCs and just play as usual. You'll eventually surprise yourself with the FCs you get (which is definitely a good thing).

Also ever heard of the backwards law? Yes the one that goes "stop trying to get something to get something", I actually believe this is the same case.
-NoName-
I mean this in the nicest way possible.

You need to quit.

Your relationship with osu!mania is the worst I've ever seen in the 4+ years I've been playing this game. Please take a step back and look at your previous forum posts and see what you're actually doing to yourself
SoRaKee
You don't aim for FCs. FCs come to you naturally. (At least in my case)
Funny enough, most of my FCs happen when I least expect it.
I tend to perform worse if I set my expectations too high or when I focus too hard.
Ofc the most important thing is to have fun!
midgy

-NoName- wrote:

You need to quit.

Your relationship with osu!mania is the worst I've ever seen in the 4+ years I've been playing this game. Please take a step back and look at your previous forum posts and see what you're actually doing to yourself
seems p tame compared to what i've seen, at least from what's being posted on forums (esp if you compare to standard forum posts), they mostly just constantly asking for advice and caring too much, just seems like a typical teen being sad as this is a skill they have, are likely proud of and it's not as good as they'd like it to be. i don't think this game is the issue it's just a self destructive mindset.

honestly i've seen a lot of people get this way while playing at points and they always do it for every game they play not just the one of them.

the only fix i know is simply getting older, when you're younger things always matter a lot more because you have less to worry about in general, when you get older you have other skills/worries so this one just doesn't matter as much to you.
Topic Starter
bananahira

-NoName- wrote:

You need to quit.

i can't quit at all (not because addiction, bc i nearlyu play like 2 or 3 times a week)

it would be totally easy if i haven't tried PIU, Clone Hero, Etterna, Smash Bros, Fall Guys, KOF, Every shooter with good ratings and online history, Mortal Kombat (X, 11), MBACC, Them's Fightin' Herds, Every classic arcade game, JRPG's, the new minecraft updates suck for me (and i can't play older versions with friends)

from everything i tried, osu!mania is the game i was able to kinda "improve", every other game i tried i just suck horribbly at online, and forget playing casually, because i always encounter tryhard people on casual (R6s made drop any kind of ranked team games because of toxicity) i just don't like playing offline because i find it totally boring and i just want (or wanted, because my time can't afford it) to became at least top 100 in my country on this game, but i tottaly gave up because other people i know improved with less efford and time, quickly than me.

i have fun a lot with this game, and etterna and osu!mania have the kind of speed i like to play (also, mapping makes it even funnier because of dumps)

the rest of my time i use it at school, work, reading, and just walking out (aka, touching grass), and watching anime

i mean, i'm actually trying to get maps ranked (asking for tips, looking youtube tutorials, reading etterna threads) but im just kinda giving up too because modders ignore my maps and mania BN's just nominate weeb shit.

just tell what i should do then?
MarioUniverseZ
become mapping gang then
Topic Starter
bananahira

MarioUniverseZ wrote:

become mapping gang then
i'm still trying my best bro
The Vegeto

YyottaCat wrote:

Just... don't care about it I guess. Go play other maps, and come back later to find that it's a piece of cake to FC the map you previously had trouble on.
gimme cake
NOW
^^
iShanoa
I just don't care. I'm a little disappointed though but what's done is done. Let's move on and just focus on improving. XD
Reyalp51
I walk away and internaly scream then come back and play again, if it doesnt work the i ll play another map *or just keep playing*
Stomiks

Reyalp51osu wrote:

I walk away and internaly scream then come back and play again
I do this but I ungracefully scream out the worst swear words I use.
reinosk

MarioUniverseZ wrote:

become mapping gang then
It's a very good alternative.
AstalFanBoy
join modding/mapping communities, it's working for me so far. only problem is getting BNs