forum

Question to 7K players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bounnie
Hi there, I started osu mania not long ago and I'm actually on my way to learn 7K, but the space bar, as the middle key seems pretty hard to me, I push it down with my two thumbs. Do you guys use another key ? Or maybe a "method" to push down the space bar ? Im just asking because I'm actually lost in the 7K world of mania, it's a completely different universe in my opinion...
Kaaruumii
I suck at 7k but I've heard alternating between thumbs can help or dedicating only one thumb to your spacebar, because you only need 1 thumb to press the spacebar down because two at the same time sounds like overkill
Topic Starter
Bounnie
Alright, got it. Thanks for the advice !
MarioUniverseZ
just press the spacebar with your dominant thumb
or hit 1st and 7th column with pinkies if they're really flexible
Topic Starter
Bounnie
Alright, Im going to use my dominant thumb, I'm right handed and I use my left thumb, I don't know why but it seems easier to me, and... wait what, some 7K players use they pinkies ? I know that in 9K you have to use them but seems too weird to me for 7K x)
midgy
i'm quite sure jakads hits it with both thumbs out of habit so it really doesn't matter much but most just use the dominant hand
Topic Starter
Bounnie
Even tho It feels easier with my non-dominant hand ?
Entropy21

Bounnie wrote:

Even tho It feels easier with my non-dominant hand ?
im also right handed but i use my left thumb for middle key, whatever feels comfortable for you stick to it
also when i was a beginner in 7k i use both thumbs but as soon as i get used to the basics, well not anymore
Topic Starter
Bounnie
Actually I try to use only my left thumb but, I don’t know I’m still uncomfortable with 7K, and sometimes my two thumbs are pressing the space bar at the same time, but anyways, I’ll get used to it thank you all for the advices !
iShanoa
I use my non-dominant thumb for space bar. But if there are lots of notes I sometimes alternate between the two. Dunno why, maybe because I think I can tap faster or it reduces the delay? Im still a noob so just throwing my 2 cents. 😂