forum

Timing issues

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jek
Hi! I've been having issues with timing for my map. When I was mapping, each hitsound sounded slightly out of time to the music and when I play the map, I need an offset of like -15 for my hits to be in the middle of the UR bar. I tried changing all the timing points and the offset of the map by -30ms which made all the hits sound more correct but it meant that all of the circles and sliders weren't in line with the lines in the editor (these lines, idk what they're called: https://gyazo.com/757d9711931ca887c443a6b20ee8858e). If changing the offset by -30ms is correct, how do I make the circles and sliders line up with these lines? And if that's completely wrong can u help me workout how to fix it lol. This is the map: beatmapsets/1804156#osu/3699727 (top diff)

Another thing to note: In the past few months, I've been having to use offset when playing maps despite never before having to use offsets to get the same accuracy. I got a new keyboard but the issue seems to persist on my old keyboard, it might be to do with my PC rather than my peripherals (but might still be the keyboard) and this may also be contributing to the issues highlighted above in my map. If anyone knows how to fix this as well it would be a great help to prevent these problems when mapping and playing the game for me in the future.

Thankyou! :D
Zelzatter Zero
Your timing is off by -30ms, and that's not accounting to the fact that you didn't snap to the downbeat, which in turn make the timing off by 1194ms instead.

Just go to Timing Setup Panel (by either press F6 key or click the button in the Timing section), choose all timing points and move them by -30ms. After that you can move the objects back to the right position.
Topic Starter
Jek

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Your timing is off by -30ms, and that's not accounting to the fact that you didn't snap to the downbeat, which in turn make the timing off by 1194ms instead.

Just go to Timing Setup Panel (by either press F6 key or click the button in the Timing section), choose all timing points and move them by -30ms. After that you can move the objects back to the right position.
That seems to have fixed it! I can get 98% accuracy when playing the map now instead of around 94% before, thanks a lot!