forum

Think you've got what it takes to be a BAT?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mismagius
My modding sucks.
I have 1 ranked map.
It sucks.

NOW IM A BAT!!!!1!!1'2

Really, I'm too busy to mod 234234234 songs and bubble/rank something.
Jarby
Is there any actual point in posting in this thread and saying "idontwannabebatisucklol"?
Mismagius

JarJarJacob wrote:

Is there any actual point in posting in this thread and saying "idontwannabebatisucklol"?
Is there any actual point in posting in this thread and saying "Is there any actual point in posting in this thread and saying "idontwannabebatisucklol"?"?

Seriously, no.
Jarby
It might be a good idea to stop posting.
Crimmi
Well Even Though I Don't Have Any Ranked Maps Yet I Might Take A Shot At It, Though I'm Bored At Home Modding All Day xD
So Hit Me With Your Best Shot =]
Sakura
I do want to try it as well, i do have 3 ranked maps and i spend 90% of my free time modding maps, yeah i do check maps in pending/WIP when i dont have any requests, since i love modding more than anything. But yeah i think i got what it takes (from the stuff in the first post anyways) however i'm still improving in all aspects since i strive to being better than what i am learning from my errors on my maps and modding ^^ hope someday i can get to be one so yeah ^^ i'll keep trying
soulfear
Mod maps in Help and Pending, the way other mods mod them. Take the initiative and show us you can mod.
Create your own maps and get them ranked. Not only does this show that you have dedication to your work, you will also learn valuable tricks and tips which you can pass on when modding.
Chat on IRC (in-game chat). We'll get to know you better, which in turn makes it more likely for us to promote you. A cheerful, bright personality with a good sense of humour helps.
Don't ask, complain or rave on about how good you are, how many posts you've made, or how you've worked so hard and are still not a BAT. If we haven't approached you to become a BAT, you're probably not doing something right, be it modding or behaviourwise (ie. learn to internet). Put yourself in our shoes; would you want to promote someone who keeps whining?

I just want BATs can mod more for mapper.
TsukiAnimeGirl
I would like to be a BAT
I'm online on osu almost all the days (except tuesday and thursday, 'cause I'm at my mom's house and there is no internet DX)

and I would like to make faster this thing of approve beatmaps

sometimes I find good beatmaps at pending list.

and one question: is obligatory a beatmap have a background?
'cause at pendind list has some beatmaps without background
Derekku
Even if a map includes a video/storyboard, it should still include a background for the song selection screen.

If you'd like to strive to become a BAT, then (as others have said) mod maps in pending/help like other experienced modders/BAT do, and perhaps one day a dream will become a reality. :P

Also, creating your own maps and getting them ranked/approved is essential, as well. P:
Lilac

Derekku Chan wrote:

Also, creating your own maps and getting them ranked/approved is essential, as well. P:
This should have been part of the MAT criteria.
LaunchedthousandShip
Responsibility , this is the most important thing not only to bat, but to all ppl in the world.

I love my avatar :3 and wish you guys can be responsible bats once you become bats~
TraceTheKriken
SPOILER

Echo wrote:

1. Mod maps in Help and Pending, the way other mods mod them. Take the initiative and show us you can mod. I have modded maps before. If you want to see how I'm modding, I can mod a map if you want
  2. Create your own maps and get them ranked. Not only does this show that you have dedication to your work, you will also learn valuable tricks and tips which you can pass on when modding.So far I don't have Ranked maps, but I have few quest diffs (These maps are ranked)
If you want to ask something that will help, go ahead.
When you reply, please tell me everything that I still need to do to be a BAT

And if you want you can check my maps, just in case if any of them is good enough to be approved/ranked
EDIT: I'M NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE, SO JUST IGMORE THIS MESSAGE
eveless

TraceTheKriken wrote:

Echo wrote:

1. Mod maps in Help and Pending, the way other mods mod them. Take the initiative and show us you can mod. I have modded maps before. If you want to see how I'm modding, I can mod a map if you want
  2. Create your own maps and get them ranked. Not only does this show that you have dedication to your work, you will also learn valuable tricks and tips which you can pass on when modding.So far I don't have Ranked maps, but I have few quest diffs (These maps are ranked)
If you want to ask something that will help, go ahead.
When you reply, please tell me everything that I still need to do to be a BAT

And if you want you can check my maps, just in case if any of them is good enough to be approved/ranked
EDIT: People have forgotten these good songs...
wtf with it
Ayeen_old
Struggling with 4 mapsets to get ranked :o A BAT? Uhm, I dont have a ranked map "yet". I can push myself becoming BAT. BAT, BAT.... now I need a wing :roll:
theowest
Oh gosh. Well.. I've got no problems with those criteria's. I sure hope I can continue striving till I become one!
Shiirn
General Rule: If you want to be a bat, you shouldn't be one.
James2250

Shiirn wrote:

General Rule: If you want to be a bat, you shouldn't be one.
Don't really agree...
Soaprman
PM me and I will personally promote you to a BAT with my magical powers.
Ayeen_old
Would responsibility and equality to all mapppers and not to just to your friends/someone you know included in the rules? It seem these day, I saw like MAT/BAT prioritize friends before touching someone who they didn't even know personally in life or in game
Hyguys
Create your own maps and get them ranked.
Derekku
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008
Yeah... this thread is pretty outdated. BATs are no longer chosen the same way they were in 08/09. Now, they are chosen from MATs that show substantial modding expertise. Thus, please see the Think you've got what it takes to be a MAT? thread for more up-to-date information.