forum

Need advice for timing and setting bpm for my maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Astraha
I just finished my second map and cant tell if the timing is really that off. I dont really know much about the timing nor setting bpm correctly. I would like to know more so my maps will be timed and the only thing I need to worry about it actually mapping. yall can try my new map (Next Journey) for urself and if so kind tell me how to fix it.
THAT_otaku
Not even close unfortunately. I'm not a timing expert but I believe this song is 175 BPM not 130, and the offset of the bpm should be ~2135.

When timing a map you should um well use the actual bpm of the song and not just guess, and snapping notes to random snap divisors isnt good because then youre ignoring the bpm all together and doing something random. This song should use the 1/4 snap divisor most of the time.

For finding the offset of the BPM line you should normally try and get it to start exactly on the first note of the song
Topic Starter
Astraha

THAT_otaku wrote:

Not even close unfortunately. I'm not a timing expert but I believe this song is 175 BPM not 130, and the offset of the bpm should be ~2135.

When timing a map you should um well use the actual bpm of the song and not just guess, and snapping notes to random snap divisors isnt good because then youre ignoring the bpm all together and doing something random. This song should use the 1/4 snap divisor most of the time.

For finding the offset of the BPM line you should normally try and get it to start exactly on the first note of the song

Thanks that explains alot, I need to try that when mapping my next map. One more question, is it too late now to rework my current map? I mean, to fix the timing.

Forgot to ask, when do I need to change snap divisors? I mean does it depend on how fast (how much bpm) the song is(/has)? Do i need to change the snap divisors in the middle of the map? I cant find any useful information and tips about mapping so im kinda forced to ask questions.
SupaV
you don't really need to change the snap divisors for the most part- most songs use 1/4 and keeping it that way is fine anyway