forum

(Proposal - osu!catch] Clean up redundant wording in Platter RC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Secre
Currently, we have the following guideline in the catch RC:

Hyperdashes that are higher-snapped should not be followed by antiflow patterns. If used, the spacing should not exceed a distance snap of 1.1 times the trigger distance and the movement after the hyperdash must be a walk.

This wording is redundant on the second part "and the movement after the hyperdash must be a walk." because we already have "Hyperdashes that are higher-snapped must not be used in conjunction with any other dashes or hyperdashes." in rules. Thus we can completely remove that line from the guideline for:

Hyperdashes that are higher-snapped should not be followed by antiflow patterns. If used, the spacing should not exceed a distance snap of 1.1 times the trigger distance. and the movement after the hyperdash must be a walk.

This should be a pretty simple clarity change as this actually changes nothing about the rules themselves, just removes some unnecessary words
ZiRoX
Support this
Kimitakari
+1
Sanyi
+1
Greaper
Sounds good to me. Not much arguing is needed. The only reason I kept this in back when I rewrote everything was to make it extra clear that a walk should follow after a higher-snapped hyperdash. Anyway, I will make a PR as it indeed is already covered.
Deif
+1
Quix
+1
Greaper
https://github.com/ppy/osu-wiki/pull/7146 PR is merged, archiving thread