forum

How to have beatmaps made?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Valentine41
Supposing I wanted a beatmap for a song to be made, what's the procedure. Would I find someone and pay them? Or do I just find a request thread and hope that someone else likes my obscure music?
ClevelandsMyBro
there are no place for beatmap requests on the forums. you could either map it yourself or ask someone close to make one for you.

worth noting tho; finding someone whose willing to take requests is a difficult task in itself. and even if you find someone who's willing to take requests, it is still frowned upon in the community to commit such an act.
Topic Starter
Valentine41

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

there are no place for beatmap requests on the forums. you could either map it yourself or ask someone close to make one for you.

worth noting tho; finding someone whose willing to take requests is a difficult task in itself. and even if you find someone who's willing to take requests, it is still frowned upon in the community to commit such an act.
Is there really no people who make beatmaps as a paid service? It seems like that would be a relatively lucrative thing to do. Is that against the terms of service?
WitherMite
you map it yourself, ask a friend who can map, or wait for someone else who like the song to map it.

sometimes request queues do pop up, but they are rare.

as for commissions, there's a bit of bad history with that, and the community doesn't approve of them very much with the moral issues and copyright mess that comes with it.
Topic Starter
Valentine41

WitherMite wrote:

you map it yourself, ask a friend who can map, or wait for someone else who like the song to map it.

sometimes request queues do pop up, but they are rare.

as for commissions, there's a bit of bad history with that, and the community doesn't approve of them very much with the moral issues and copyright mess that comes with it.
This is disappointing to me since all my friends pretty much hate Osu!
I don't really have anyone I could ask except a perfect stranger.
Julian_Kaiser
Mappers taking paid commisions are on Fiverr. It's the only place I've seen videos of paid sessions relating to osu are taken.

As long as you do not expect them to get ranked, you'll probably have no issue with their services.

I'm not sure about what most of the community thinks about this.
Topic Starter
Valentine41
Another question. Can graveyarded maps become ungraveyarded? Is there like an adoption process?
WitherMite
yea, the mapper just has to update the map (dont actually have to change anything in the map) and move it to WIP or pending
Topic Starter
Valentine41
And if the original mapper say... quit the game?
THAT_otaku
Then it stays there forever..? (or eventually gets deleted in a graveyard clean, though they havent done one in many years now afaik)
DeletedUser_13957006
there are two known mappers rn that i know are taking (paid) requests. since this post will probably get deleted if i say who are they i'll just say that:

one of them is responsible for making the most played *single difficulty* in all of osu
and the other is known for using "Master" as a difficulty name for most of his top diffs
Sophie Twilight
There is nothing wrong with mapping commissions

However, the maps made for commissions will never get ranked or loved

Be sure to remember that vast of mappers really hate commissioning or mapping for strangers