forum

How do I know the timestamp of a slider end in the editor?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Iamthecabra
Because I don't know, it's hard to accurately snap slider ends because I can't tell where exactly on the timeline it is. So, is there a function in the editor that displays it?
Endaris
Your problem is likely that you're mapping with a skin that hides sliderends so they're not showing up in the editor.
There is an option in the general osu! options to use the default skin in the editor which will naturally cause sliderends to show up and make snapping sliderends as easy as snapping anything else.
Topic Starter
Iamthecabra
Well, what I meant was that I want to know the exact time that a slider end is at, for example a timestamp like 00:20:798, i.e., 20,798 ms. I know where the slider head is because I can see the time at the bottom, but not the same for the slider end. I can see the slider end on the timeline and where it ends, but numbers just make it easier for me, so I was wondering if there was such a function in the editor.
WitherMite
assuming you've snapped your sliders correctly, just scroll over to the timeline tick that the slider ends are on and that number in the corner will be the slider end, use AI mod (ctrl+shift+a, or in the file dropdown in top left) to roughly check if any sliders arent snapped, though Mapset Verifier does a better job.

though this is no different from how it works for sliderheads so I'm wondering if you've confused it with the timestamps of the object you've selected instead of what it is, which is the timestamp your playhead is currently on.
Topic Starter
Iamthecabra
I see what you're saying. Thank you for your help.