forum

I don't get the concept of loved

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CoolDudeEO
like yeah I get it's meant to show the good maps, but loved doesn't give any pp which I find confusing.

I mean if you want more of the fun in osu!mania and not for rank, its fine. But if you are the kind of person who wants rank rather than fun (which is a bad mindset), loved means nothing and you have to play the ranked section for the higher rank, and the maps in ranked are so hit or miss.
THAT_otaku
The whole point in loved is to give leaderboards and more attention to popular maps in the community, of which don't meet the ranking criteria. If they were good enough from a mapping perspective to get ranked and the mapper wanted to go through the process of getting it ranked, then it would be ranked. But that is not the case for loved maps. I'm just happy that a lot of cool unrankable maps have leaderboards ;-;
abraker
Since this might get asked, no, enabling pp for loved maps is not a good idea because loved includes maps that can break the pp algorithm - some maps in mania can give thousands of pp for free, and 2B maps in standard gamemode can break it completely. And no, pp cannot be enabled per-gamemode since by design it has be all or nothing.
Rikuka
https://old.ppy.sh/s/810174
just imagine that being loved and get pp
1400* 1 notes mania

kekw