forum

Where to download songs??

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zoshii
I've been wanting to try mapping for a while, but I have no idea where to safely download songs onto my PC. Where are you guys getting your song files from without infecting your PC with viruses?
Zelzatter Zero
SoundCloud (mainly for free-to-download songs), Bandcamp, Amazon, etc. if you want the highest quality possible.
THAT_otaku
^^

Also have a look at the Featured Artist Listing and see if there's any songs you like from there. It download's as an osu! map meaning it's already timed and most of the metadata is filled out (so ready to go :) )
Manuel-san_UWU

zoshii wrote:

I've been wanting to try mapping for a while, but I have no idea where to safely download songs onto my PC. Where are you guys getting your song files from without infecting your PC with viruses?
hello, i have been using an app called 4k video downloader, i can donwload audio or videos from youtube you only have to get the link from the video.
WitherMite

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

zoshii wrote:

hello, i have been using an app called 4k video downloader, i can donwload audio or videos from youtube you only have to get the link from the video.
its ok for practicing at first, but if you ever want to rank a map, or just make a higher quality beatmap, youtube videos are very bad audio quality, and anywhere that says it can rip something higher than ~128kbps is just lying and giving you an upscaled file. so its best to find downloads elsewhere.
Manuel-san_UWU

WitherMite wrote:

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

zoshii wrote:

its ok for practicing at first, but if you ever want to rank a map, or just make a higher quality beatmap, youtube videos are very bad audio quality, and anywhere that says it can rip something higher than ~128kbps is just lying and giving you an upscaled file. so its best to find downloads elsewhere.
oh i didnt know that im making a map at this moment with a song that i donwloaded from the official video and i dont find any problem with it but idk is this really a problem to get your map to ranked?
DeletedUser_13957006

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

is this really a problem to get your map to ranked?
in short, yes. yes it is.

ranking criteria demands 192kbps high quality audio whenever possible
qwt
the mind mapping method, you guys don't understand it yet, wait a few years
mind mapping will destroy osu!
Manuel-san_UWU

Aiq wrote:

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

in short, yes. yes it is.

thx i didnt know that, then i guess i can download my song from soundcloud for free in 192kpbs?

well im not very sure how to download a song in 192kpbs i only get 128kpbs what can i do?
DeletedUser_13957006

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

i guess i can download my song from soundcloud for free in 192kpbs?

well im not very sure how to download a song in 192kpbs i only get 128kpbs what can i do?
check if the song author has linked any downloads under either the yt video description or the soundcloud. if not, try to find the song on the author's bandcamp or official website - though, most of the times it won't be free. if the song in question wasn't published anywhere else other than yt/soundcloud where you have no access to a high quality audio, then you can use a 128kbps. which is why i stated "whenever possible" in my previous statement.

either that or do convenient google searches
Manuel-san_UWU

Aiq wrote:

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

check if the song author has linked any downloads under either the yt video description or the soundcloud. if not, try to find the song on the author's bandcamp or official website - though, most of the times it won't be free. if the song in question wasn't published anywhere else other than yt/soundcloud where you have no access to a high quality audio, then you can use a 128kbps. which is why i stated "whenever possible" in my previous statement.

I find the song in soundcloud but idk how do you guys download the song from there in 192kpbs

I changed the kpbs of the song to 192 with audacity is that valid?

Now the BPM of my song starts early and I have to fix all the song but idk if that can work
WitherMite
no, changing the kbps that way doesnt raise audio quality; you cant pull the extra information out of nothing, if anything it could lower audio quality by introducing noise.

theres more to audio quality than bitrate, if the best source is 128kbps then thats the best you can get, but its still probably going to be better than a youtube rip of the same bitrate.
Manuel-san_UWU

WitherMite wrote:

no, changing the kbps that way doesnt raise audio quality; you cant pull the extra information out of nothing, if anything it could lower audio quality by introducing noise.

theres more to audio quality than bitrate, if the best source is 128kbps then thats the best you can get, but its still probably going to be better than a youtube rip of the same bitrate.
Ok but how I can get the song in 192kpbs the song is in youtube, soundcloud, spotify It must be a way
DeletedUser_13957006

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

I find the song in soundcloud but idk how do you guys download the song from there in 192kpbs
the only official way to download from soundcloud is to check if there's a Free Download button somewhere. if not, search for the author's bandcamp or official website like i said.
McEndu

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

Aiq wrote:

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

I changed the kpbs of the song to 192 with audacity is that valid?

Now the BPM of my song starts early and I have to fix all the song but idk if that can work
A1. If there is a free download link on SoundCloud, it is more often at least 192kbps or above than not. If there isn’t, you can’t.

A2. If the source is better than 192kbps, it is OK, but audio quality can be worse than converting from lossless.
If the source is worse (say 128kbps), the audio won’t magically become better, so no.

No answer for Q3.
Manuel-san_UWU
i wasnt able to get the song in 192kpbs if the timing if well done and the song get hyped enough it could get ranked?
DeletedUser_13957006

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

i wasnt able to get the song in 192kpbs if the timing if well done and the song get hyped enough it could get ranked?
in that situation, it could. however, do you mind telling me which song are you mapping? a song not having a 192kbps or higher quality available is rare nowadays
Manuel-san_UWU

Aiq wrote:

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

in that situation, it could. however, do you mind telling me which song are you mapping? a song not having a 192kbps or higher quality available is rare nowadays
the 192kpbs is available even the song is kinda new but i have to pay. The song im mapping is called "Bossfight, JT Roach & RUNN - Shadow [Monstercat Release]" i want this song to be my first ranked but maybe i shouldnt start mapping 6* song XD
DeletedUser_13957006

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

the 192kpbs is available even the song is kinda new but i have to pay.
makes sense. what you can do is just map with the current mp3, and when you finish the map you can buy the song and replace the mp3 file. i mean it only costs $1 which shouldnt be too much of a problem - especially if you want to support the artists.

or you can wait for people to pirate it
Manuel-san_UWU

Aiq wrote:

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

makes sense. what you can do is just map with the current mp3, and when you finish the map you can buy the song and replace the mp3 file. i mean it only costs $1 which shouldnt be too much of a problem - especially if you want to support the artists.

well yeah if i see that my map can get rank i will have no problem buying the song but im not going to spend money for a song that can go to the graveyard

thats not a bad idea tho
McEndu

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

Aiq wrote:

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

well yeah if i see that my map can get rank i will have no problem buying the song but im not going to spend money for a song that can go to the graveyard

thats not a bad idea tho
If you can attract a BN, you are good to go
TheKingHenry

Aiq wrote:

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

well, yes and no but generally it can be taken like that as well I guess

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

Ok but how I can get the song in 192kpbs the song is in youtube, soundcloud, spotify It must be a way
like others have more or less said in some way, you can always buy the music and you will get it in high quality. If that is not an option, you could always perhaps check out the Featured Artists instead for cool stuff that is free to use

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

presuming your timing was correct before, it is probably just that your new mp3 has different offset from the one you had before. Just move the offset of your red points to where it matches the audio again and things should be fixed again
Manuel-san_UWU

Manuel-san_UWU wrote:

presuming your timing was correct before, it is probably just that your new mp3 has different offset from the one you had before. Just move the offset of your red points to where it matches the audio again and things should be fixed again[/quote]

i already fixed it, idk what happened some days the offset start one second early and the other the offset start one second later maybe it was a bug for changing the audio file too much but now is going perfect.