forum

Help with mapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vitunvaikeepeli
I just started mapping and need help. Hoping if someone would test my map and tell their opinion so I can improve.

Currently the map is in progress

I've watched many tutorials and it is hard for me to tell if I have done well or if I've screwed up.

Please tell what I suck at and if I got any good parts.

Map link: beatmapsets/1493233#osu/3060829
DeletedUser_13957006
ask for help here
TheKingHenry

Aiq wrote:

ask for help here
remember to also check the How To -thread there

couple general pointers for this process though, also related to where to ask for feedback;

vitunvaikeepeli wrote:

it is hard for me to tell if I have done well or if I've screwed up.
For starters, while I wouldn't call it "screwing up", it's pretty much guaranteed that when starting out, the first maps will simply not be good, and I'm sure it is the case this time with you as well. Don't mind that too much, just focus on improving your craft.

Related to this (and the modding queues forum), "regular" mods will likely not be too useful, and looking for general feedback (or similar) is likely to be more beneficial. For example in the forum linked above you can find queues with this kind of option, as well as queues that mark themselves as aimed at beginners. Additionally, there are people that offer quick feedbacks if you just ask them, for example in-game. You can typically find this kind of information on their profile.

In any case, for now most important is that you keep mapping and trying to improve. Getting good feedback is great source of "food" for that improvement.

Good luck!