forum

Bus Stop Mafia (Game Thread) [MAFIA WIN]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Joon Yorigami
vanilla driver owo
pentaqola
hol up do i have to say my role already?
Penguin
im the werewolf
McEndu
I now have a reason to believe I am wrong

The two night action examples contradict each other
Penguin
vote: abrakerr
Topic Starter
YyottaCat
Since people are confused, these are the steps of each drive:

1. Passenger selection

Suppose A and B are selected.

2. Ability selection

Suppose you use whatever ability you have on A.

The player currently in position A be targeted.

3. Swap

The player on position A will be swapped to position B, the player on position B will be swapped to position A, but the effect of the ability still gets carried with whoever the person in position A before driving was.

To conclude: Driving always targets positions, while special abilities involving passangers target the player on the position.
rematyar
I still don't understand...
I'm gonna read it multiple times first to understand
abraker

Penguin wrote:

im the werewolf

Penguin wrote:

vote: abrakerr

PEACE WAS NEVER AN OPTION

vote: Penguin
Penguin
@yyotta are townie roles exclusive? or can multiple people be the same role?
McEndu
VOTE: Asian Warlord
samX500
I see we are all voting people for no reason.

Vote: Tad Fibonacci
Asian Warlord

McEndu wrote:

Btw, I am vanilla
Well, I’m a doctor

McEndu wrote:

VOTE: Asian Warlord
Vote: McEndu
abraker

pentaqola wrote:

hol up do i have to say my role already?
I recommend everyone does so we can weed out the scum. Town doesn't put itself into a disadvantage by revealing roles because of the massive rng that happens at night, making it hard for scum to aim at a specific person
Topic Starter
YyottaCat

Penguin wrote:

@yyotta are townie roles exclusive? or can multiple people be the same role?
None of the roles are exclusive.
Topic Starter
YyottaCat
VOTE COUNT:

abraker: Penguin
Penguin: abraker
Asian Warlord: McEndu
Tad Fibonacci: samX500
McEndu: Asian Warlord
pentaqola
alright, ima say my role. i'm a doctor driver.

knowing my skillset, i really wish the rng won't fuck it up, but knowing how it is. chances are it could be useless

strategies are also barely helpful as it requires a lot of backup plans in case the rng goes bad. this is just confusing as fuck
Penguin
i am armed bus driver

i wanted to confirm whether roles are exclusive or not before I cc'd abraker.

he's probably still lying tho, vote him out
rematyar
I'm a town bus driver
samX500
I am alien bus driver.

Now we know at least one person from those who role claimed is lying because 9 of us claimed a role and there are only 8 town.

Sadly, the role claiming doesn't really do anything since the roles are not exclusive.
abraker
What we have so far:

igorsprite: vanilla
abraker: armed
McEndu: vanilla
Yhuan: vanilla
Asian Warlord: doctor
pentaqola: doctor
Penguin: armed
Pararunten: vanilla
samX500: alien
bambinex: ???
Tad: ???

@Tad roleclaim
[RUE]Bambinex
I'm a normie bus driver
McEndu
@Tad Please claim
abraker
when are prods coming into effect?
Topic Starter
YyottaCat

abraker wrote:

when are prods coming into effect?
Already PM'd them.
Tad Fibonacci
I don't feel having my role revealed would be very beneficial at the moment.
I'll keep quiet about it for now.

You guys can vote for me if you so wish.
igorsprite
Vote: Tad Fibonacci
[RUE]Bambinex
Whatever we shouldn't take this in account cause roles aren't exclusive so someone could've totally lied and told a fake role. The fact that noone is a werewolf according to people's role reveal proves it quite well. But not wanting to say your role just makes you sus so yeah. I'll see if I vote for you later.
Tad Fibonacci
The way I see it, revealing your roles right from the start doesn't really help with anything.
Since roles aren't exclusive, there is literally no way of knowing if someone's role is true or not until they prove it by using their abilities.
Roles like armed driver requires you to kill someone to prove your role so it's pretty risky and doctor role requires you to revive people. We can use this to confirm people's role by having an armed driver kill someone and then have the doctor revive them, but that's a waste of an ability. So even though it's a unique role, it's not impossible to steal those roles if you're a mafia since they won't have to prove their roles until a special occasion arises.

So the easiest roles to claim would be either Alien or just normal drivers.

It's obvious that we can have multiple vanilla drivers and as alien, you have a perfect excuse if your role is ever to be revealed.
If I were a mafia it would be super easy for me to claim those roles and no one would bat an eye.
Sure, I'll be in the suspicious list too since those roles would be the easiest to assume. However, there are also quite a number of others who've also claimed those roles, so it's gonna be hard to track down who's lying and who's telling the truth. That's why I'm a bit against revealing roles since it will just gives mafias free info.
Mafias aren't afraid of us just killing off vanilla drivers and aliens to kill them in the process either, since they're the minority, meaning the chance of one of them being lynched is low if we kill off people randomly based on their roles alone.
That's why I think the majority of mafias have already claimed either alien or normal.

And now since I haven't claimed any role, if I were to be kept alive, I'd pose a threat to the mafias. They don't know my role, so they'd have 2 options.
1, keep me alive since I'm already suspicious, they want people to vote for me, but I'd pose a threat to them if I have an important role.
2, Kill me right away since they don't know my role and I could have a dangerous role.

However, I think they'd be more likely go with option 1 since even if I do have an important role, the chance of me using my ability to reveal one of them is still quite low since this is still the first round and they're still the minority.
So they'd probably would hope that I'd get vote off instead, so that they don't have to kill me and it would make people believe that they're down on 1 member.
And even if I've used my ability on one of them, my words won't be trusted since I'm already suspicious from the start.
Tad Fibonacci
Also I'd like to mention that there's a driving order.

So the switcharoo ability that everyone has can probably only be used when it's their turn to drive. So there can be only one person who can drive each and every night.
So this game wouldn't be as unpredictable as the description for role abilities would imply.
Which is a good thing since we can't really do anything logically if anyone can use the switch ability every single night.
igorsprite
Bambinex is a scum and tad the detective driver
samX500

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Also I'd like to mention that there's a driving order.

So the switcharoo ability that everyone has can probably only be used when it's their turn to drive. So there can be only one person who can drive each and every night.
So this game wouldn't be as unpredictable as the description for role abilities would imply.
Which is a good thing since we can't really do anything logically if anyone can use the switch ability every single night.
from what I understood, the driving order is for when multiple people drive during one night, not for who get's to drive during said night.
Penguin
vote: Pararunten
rematyar
no
rematyar
wait, will the roles revealed when you get voted off? or its a mystery like bambinex's game
Penguin
i bet the one time we don't vote off Yhuan first is gonna be the time he's actually mafia

vote: Yhuan Debeste
McEndu
For alien, I think we can check it day 2 by asking him/her who [name random person] targeted.

If the claimed alien says that A targeted B, and A counterclaims that he targeted C instead, we know the guy is fakeclaiming.
McEndu

Penguin wrote:

i bet the one time we don't vote off Yhuan first is gonna be the time he's actually mafia

I don't know but what is going on with the meta of Yhuan
Joon Yorigami

McEndu wrote:

Penguin wrote:

I don't know but what is going on with the meta of Yhuan
You don't know what I went through
[RUE]Bambinex

igorsprite wrote:

What's your reasoning on this ?
igorsprite

bambinex wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

What's your reasoning on this ?