forum

What is the LEAST toxic videogame fandom you've ever found?

posted
Total Posts
show more
haha i rolypoly
it's very hard to find a very not toxic fandom but I'd say mine is object shows. It's mostly young kids so unless if you get really deep into the fandom there's not that much drama and stuff
Skagen
Rust... i play alot of toxic games
Dilly_P
Club Penguin, I made so many friends 😢
Nature angel
the terraria comunity is pretty suporting to all kinds of terraria players

also the dont starve comunity was also really nice if i didn't accidentaly burn an entire base accidentally

oops

and the gd comunity is the toxic of all the comunities
nuc04
I actually have no idea. That's probably not a good thing.
qwt
osu! people make it worse than it really is
Noob
Roblox.
LambAndHam
It depends where you look but I've found some pretty nice MineCraft communities before.
Phantonym
I dunno, but what i know is toxicity exist in every fandom.
Akumace1

NoobDev wrote:

Roblox.
That is so so so so wrong. It looks all clean on the surface but the community is freaking terrible. Not because of the little kids but the hackers who thrive because of roblox’s shitty security, predators who prey on kids, admins that are corrupt and will turn a blind eye to anything, and so much more. I left Roblox a couple years ago and all these problems have gotten worse. I have no plans to return because, well, I’m not a little kid anymore.
LunaKawaiix

eblf2013 wrote:

It is difficult to find a non-toxic fanbase, so, in your experience, which is or are the least toxic videogame fandom/s you have been into?
the Stardew Valley fandom. they're really chill and wholesome. :)
sadave
Any community where there isn't a significant hierarchy is not toxic
Mentee
VRChat. I'm honestly surprised everyone there was friendly. But don't be confused and mix both trolls and toxicity in the fanbase, since from what I see even the 'trolls' on these community servers are still nice in a way which is laughable to see and witness.
MusicRitman
probably osu! or private minecraft servers (they usually aren't the basic anarchy and do really have creative stuff)
KajTorvaldGrey
The osu community likes to appear meaner than it actually is. For the size of the game, the community is not as toxic as expected.
animeslayergp
this is a tough question,but i would have to go with among us,its a big game and normally you would here alot of bad things about the fanbase by know like fortnite or league e.t.c.,but i havent heard alot of negativity from it,evem smaller generes like etterna or osu is toxic especially if you talk about touchy subjects like pp or genetics,but among us is just harmless game just made for having fun with freinds that doesnt rely to much on skill or strategy and involves random luck
epic man 2
I would've said the Kirby community but then again, its a community i've been in and out of so I can't fully judge if its better than other ones.
Ajaki
LOL
keremaru
definitely PSO2
the only toxicity comes from an alliance being dead, or when some meseta bot is in lobby
other than that, we literally just do emotes until it's concert LMAO
Rio-
Well... World of Tanks so far.
it's kinda the game I played a lot but I only got into the surface of the fandoms, so far It's the least toxic one.
Wyseria108
I played a game called oneshot and its like undertale but with one of the most wholesome fandoms. I think its because the fandom is a lot smaller so nobody really goes around starting drama.
Sugar_owo
i don't know anymore. all fandoms have toxicity in them.
yarWe
project isekai, never seen someone toxic there
heg-
a web game called snicksnack. everyone there was just too nice for my liking
[RUE]Bambinex
a very little game called slydisim. Everyone is just super nice here.
SA ST
shotgun farmers
its just some people who just came to have a fun time on a shooter that they found devlogs on tiktok
Jaegii
Pokepark lol
SmilMan
the ace attorney fandom, probably because its usually not active.
TheKingHenry

SmilMan wrote:

ah yes, "can't be toxic if nothing's happening in general *points at head*"
Kruiozi
osu!
Calwyn
The least toxic player base I've been a part of personally is definitely the Tetris players. I've yet to have a single bad interaction with any of them - given that the combined age of the top 2 ELO players of Classic Tetris is 25, it's not too surprising to hear of people being respectful to one another. I've seen people get annoyed at younger presence in player bases, but acceptance and tolerance has definitely increased since I started being in the general sphere of gaming.
Neigdoig
Anyone use Cockatrice? I found it to be as wholesome as any singleplayer/co-op game, but I haven't gotten that deep (for those wondering what games I pplay using it, I play Magic [the intended game] and WWE Raw Deal (anyone still playing that?).

For those who don't know what this program is, it's basically a CCG/TCG client that's usable for Windows, Mac and Linux (I'm a Garuda Linux user for those that speak Linux).
NotRaffi

Hydreigon wrote:

Roblox Pokemon Brick Bronze, ok firstly Roblox isn't really a 100% nontoxic community, however, in the Pokemon Brick Bronze server it was actually the friendliest game in Roblox I found, lots of people help each other, like teaching them what to do, trading them some good pokemon, becoming friends, etc, etc. One time i got baited into trading all my pokemon in exchange for them to have mega stone, i was so sad and frustrated, so I called out for help in the community and eventually, they reported (and banned) the dude who stole my pokemon's and traded me some good mons as well. It was really the nicest (for me) community in Roblox, but I'm still sad (even today) Roblox had to take the game down due to copyright :'(
The only time i cried because im extremely sad
FhuSoe
Does minecraft have a toxic community ? I only played single player on it since i first buy it 6 years ago
Lilyn
the omori and oneshot fandom is the comfiest fandom in existence
Neigdoig

FhuSoe wrote:

Does minecraft have a toxic community ? I only played single player on it since i first buy it 6 years ago
There are toxic subcommunities within Minecraft. If ever I play, it's modded single-player on Version 1.12.2 for the best mod experience.
waste-
Recently discovered the communities around ADOFAI, all of them have been pretty wholesome so far
nphong
O S U
Wizzmane
MOTHER series. I really love Earthbound so much
I don't know much about Touhou but the fans are really cool AF
Undertale has a great community. It's just overshadowed by the bad ones
TF2 afaik playing for 2 weeks now

Sure most fandoms have bad sides but just ignore them like what I did
Hee_Ho

SmilMan wrote:

True, Attorney Online is pretty hellish though. Not sure what's going on over there nowadays, or if it even still exists, but I interacted on it for a bit of time and left because it plain sucked. As somebody who was a huge roleplay maniac at the time, everybody participated in court cases just for an arbitrary win (zOmG jUdGe BiAsEd!1). Drama is exceptionally easy to spark, however I admit I was very irritable at the time. Generally speaking, the playerbase doesn't seem willing to have a nice chat or roleplay at all. Well, take it with a grain of salt, this is just a surface glance, I'm not a veteran or anything.

Wizzmane wrote:

MOTHER series. I really love Earthbound so much
I don't know much about Touhou but the fans are really cool AF
Undertale has a great community. It's just overshadowed by the bad ones
TF2 afaik playing for 2 weeks now

Sure most fandoms have bad sides but just ignore them like what I did
I play Touhou and the fanbase seems pretty nice to me. I knew some people who were fans of the franchise like me, and they were pretty nice. Not much to say about the community, Touhou has become a little niche since it's not as popular as it once was. I think some of the fans have adopted a certain gatekeeping mindset so they can weed out unpleasant folks. Personally, I don't think this sort of attitude is necessary, because you can always simply ignore those kinds of people, but maybe others agree with it, IDK. It's just kind of an eccentric defensive reaction to what I like the call The Great Normie Flood of the Pandemic. Sounds dumb, I know. :p
show more