forum

macOS Updated Wineskin Installation Guide (Rosetta support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Technocoder

Jamoozz wrote:

Followed every step, macOS Agent still wont even open, just stays bobbing on the bar. I am on Big Sur.
Are you using an M1 processor? Can you please try:
  1. Move osu!macOS Agent to the Desktop
  2. Open Terminal
  3. Type cd Desktop and then press enter
  4. Type xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine 'osu!macOS Agent.app' and then press enter
and then try launching the application again. If this doesn't work, paste a screenshot of your Terminal screen.

Otherwise, please try following the steps under "Alternative Option: Using the Terminal" on your downloaded Wineskin from aidswidjaja's guide: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install/silicon.html
Jamoozz
There was zero response in the terminal screen, and the app still didn't open.

Edit: This is weird, just installed the Unarchiver and that is also still bouncing. Aswell I tried to install osu!lazer earlier and it was bouncing. Could this be an issue deeper than osu!?
aidswidjaja

Technocoder wrote:

Jyxle wrote:

Bruh the instructions you gave for C_o_l_o_u-r worked, it's opening fine.
A bit annoying that I have to open it like this every time instead of just clicking on the osu application, but I can't complain now that I can play osu on mac again... Thanks!
Hold up, are you saying that opening it through the Command Line Test tool works fine? But running a Test Run doesn't?
[/code]
Wow I did not expect that to work... especially looking at the Test Run and not seeing any shell_execute issues or anything. That is strange behaviour, and yea, it is most likely an issue with the execute.bat file. If not that, then I'm not quite too sure.

SirDayDream

SirDayDream wrote:

I think i followed every step correct. But when i opened Osu! it began downloading and then went to startup, but it didnt, and then it just keeps failing at the osu!executing prompter.

Here is my report from the agent.

Version 11.2.1 (Build 20D74)
Engine: WS11WineCX20.0.2
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Release: Stable40
Quarantine attribute is absent (bundle)
Quarantine attribute is absent (wrapper)
Execute flag is present
Detect Direct3D is disabled
Game user configuration is absent
System Integrity Protection is enabled
Engine version is supported
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: update.log is absent
No errors in: runtime.log

Nothing weird in your logs, but it does say an update.log is absent so that means the game never updated.

Can I try and get you to do a Wineskin Test Run for me please... ty

Generating a Test Run through Wineskin
  1. Locate your osu! installation.
  2. Right click on it, then select Show Package Contents.
  3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced.
  5. Click Test Run. If osu! starts successfully (even with glitches), you can then close the program down. Once the program has either closed or crashed, a dialog will pop up asking you whether you want to view Test Run Logs. Click Yes.
  6. Copy the results of your Test Run logs to a pastebin such as paste.ubuntu.com set to never expire. Then attach the link in a reply to this thread, along with the report from osu!macOS Agent in Step 1.
If you need any help with any of the steps outlined here, check out https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html or feel free to make a reply back here on the forum. Thanks!

Also you can try closing off the update screen when osu! starts, see if you can start the game there...

Jamoozz wrote:

There was zero response in the terminal screen, and the app still didn't open.

Edit: This is weird, just installed the Unarchiver and that is also still bouncing. Aswell I tried to install osu!lazer earlier and it was bouncing. Could this be an issue deeper than osu!?
If osu!lazer is also not working, then I bet it's probably a deeper system-level issue. I doubt your computer is *too* slow since its running Big Sur, but can you make sure that there's no antivirus or software interfering with the running of new executables? Also check Gatekeeper and make sure that's not blocking anything
Jamoozz
How would I check if there is any software or antivirus, I have already disabled Gatekeeper.
aidswidjaja

Jamoozz wrote:

How would I check if there is any software or antivirus, I have already disabled Gatekeeper.
Maybe try running some of the apps that won't open through Terminal? https://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-Using-Terminal-on-Mac

You can also try and monitor Activity Monitor for any weird activity.

Or potentially try running some applications and seeing if they work in Safe Mode: https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mh21245/mac

Also you could see if there are any weird errors in the Console application when you go to open an app, but a lot of stuff gets piped through there anyway so it might be a bit hard to find anything relevant.
Topic Starter
Technocoder
And to be very clear, just in case, that you've restarted your Mac :P
Jamoozz
Terminal doesn't work, Activity monitor is saying nothing and neither does safe mode. I made progress by uninstalling the Unarchiver via the app store, then it told me it couldn't be opened. Then I tried to use https://superuser.com/questions/1345755/how-to-fix-the-application-cant-be-opened-on-mac to fix it, and am currently fiddling with directories. Will update to let you know how it goes.
Naozumi
Is there ways to stream the audio in discord? I can only share osu!'s screen to discord without any sounds.
I have been tried things like iShowU but it's too loud and not ez to use.
Broomble
Hello,

I followed the installation guide exactly but when I double click on osu! to open it, a terminal-looking app opens for a split second and then closes automatically. I pasted my report below.

Version 11.2.2 (Build 20D80)
Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
[Error][Fixed] Quarantine attribute is present (bundle)
[Error][Fixed] Quarantine attribute is present (wrapper)
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
Log file: runtime.log is absent
aidswidjaja
Naozumi

Naozumi wrote:

Is there ways to stream the audio in discord? I can only share osu!'s screen to discord without any sounds.

Discord does not generally support audio streaming during screensharing on Mac and Linux. I use BlackHole to route system audio through Discord generally but it's a bit hacky. https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole - this is a Discord thing that applies to all programs on Mac unfortunately (as far as I can recall, unless there is something I don't know about :D)

Broomble

Broomble wrote:

Hello,

I followed the installation guide exactly but when I double click on osu! to open it, a terminal-looking app opens for a split second and then closes automatically. I pasted my report below.

Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Hi, unfortunately this is a common issue that others have experienced. Could you try running through the steps below if you haven't already?

3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced.
  5. Click Test Run. If osu! starts successfully (even with glitches), you can then close the program down. Once the program has either closed or crashed, a dialog will pop up asking you whether you want to view Test Run Logs. Click Yes.
  6. Copy the results of your Test Run logs to a pastebin such as paste.ubuntu.com set to never expire. Then attach the link in a reply to this thread, along with the report from osu!macOS Agent in Step 1.
If you need any help with any of the steps outlined here, check out https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html or feel free to make a reply back here on the forum. Thanks!

You can also try opening through command line, using the instructions here:

Sorry about the troubles, what happens when you try and run osu! through cmd:

1. Right click osu!
2. Show Package Contents
3. Advanced > Tools
4. Command Line (cmd) - under Wine Tools

Run the following command

cd ../../osu!
start osu!.exe

It should start, but if it doesn't, please take a screenie of the terminal output and leave it here. You could also try running the Intel version and seeing if that works.
Naozumi
aidswidjaja

aidswidjaja wrote:

Naozumi

Naozumi wrote:

Discord does not generally support audio streaming during screensharing on Mac and Linux. I use BlackHole to route system audio through Discord generally but it's a bit hacky. https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole - this is a Discord thing that applies to all programs on Mac unfortunately (as far as I can recall, unless there is something I don't know about :D)

Broomble

Broomble wrote:

Hello,

Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

Hi, unfortunately this is a common issue that others have experienced. Could you try running through the steps below if you haven't already?

3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced.

1. Right click osu!
2. Show Package Contents
3. Advanced > Tools

cd ../../osu!
start osu!.exe

It should start, but if it doesn't, please take a screenie of the terminal output and leave it here. You could also try running the Intel version and seeing if that works.

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of about running the Windows version of discord on wineskin, then it will be in the same environment with osu!. However, discord is not support to run on windows xp environment, the requirement is Win7.
I tried to put the version on Windows10, 8.1/8 and Windows 2008. But seems osu! can only run on Windows xp and vista. Discord doesn't show up too.
Shieq
Hello guys, anyone knows if this is already working on m1 chip?
Broomble

aidswidjaja wrote:

Naozumi

Naozumi wrote:

Broomble

Broomble wrote:

Hello,

Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced.

1. Right click osu!
2. Show Package Contents
3. Advanced > Tools

cd ../../osu!
start osu!.exe

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
[Warning] Errors in: update.log
2021-03-14T00:18:45: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL

Please see the following link for the Test Run logs:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gcPNTTZCqM/
Topic Starter
Technocoder
To users seeking help:
Can you please place quoted forum replies in a spoiler box like:
[box=]
[quote="Technocoder"]
[/quote]
[/box]
or otherwise omit or remove large parts of the quote entirely. It makes it difficult for us to look over the entire forum thread.

"Naozumi"

Naozumi wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of about running the Windows version of discord on wineskin, then it will be in the same environment with osu!. However, discord is not support to run on windows xp environment, the requirement is Win7.
I tried to put the version on Windows10, 8.1/8 and Windows 2008. But seems osu! can only run on Windows xp and vista. Discord doesn't show up too.
According to WineHQ, it looks like Discord runs pretty poorly through Wine...: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17298 so it might be better to use another workaround :P
Jyxle
[box]

Technocoder wrote:

Hold up, are you saying that opening it through the Command Line Test tool works fine? But running a Test Run doesn't?

If possible, could you open up the osu! folder and edit execute.bat and change the file to look like this:
start C:\osu!\osu!.exe
and see if that works? Failing that try:
cd C:\osu!
start osu!.exe

I'm not quite sure what you mean by editing execute.bat (No such file was found) and to 'start C:\osu!\osu!.exe'. Just to clarify, the osu! the folder I am looking at is from Package Contents > drive_c > osu!
marcamacho10
I really appreciate all of the work you have put into making osu! work for mac :D This used to perfectly work for me but then I recently updated to big sur, and I have been trying to run osu on my mac for a few days but theres an error that appears when I click "scan" and doesn't get repaired with the repair button in the osu!macOS agent, here is the report:

Version 11.1 (Build 20C69)
Engine: WS9Wine1.7.52
Wineskin 2.6.1
Game configuration is absent
Execute flag is present
[Error] Engine is outdated for systems newer than Catalina and must be updated
Razer Synapse is absent

I would really appreciate it to get a way to fix it because osu is one of my favorite games >-<
Topic Starter
Technocoder
Jyxle

Jyxle wrote:

[box]

Technocoder wrote:

If possible, could you open up the osu! folder and edit execute.bat and change the file to look like this:
start C:\osu!\osu!.exe
and see if that works? Failing that try:
cd C:\osu!
start osu!.exe
I'm not quite sure what you mean by editing execute.bat (No such file was found) and to 'start C:\osu!\osu!.exe'. Just to clarify, the osu! the folder I am looking at is from Package Contents > drive_c > osu!

That's... strange? There should be an execute.bat file in that exact folder...? I wonder if it got deleted somehow.

marcamacho10

marcamacho10 wrote:

I really appreciate all of the work you have put into making osu! work for mac :D This used to perfectly work for me but then I recently updated to big sur, and I have been trying to run osu on my mac for a few days but theres an error that appears when I click "scan" and doesn't get repaired with the repair button in the osu!macOS agent, here is the report:

Version 11.1 (Build 20C69)
Engine: WS9Wine1.7.52
Wineskin 2.6.1
Game configuration is absent
Execute flag is present
[Error] Engine is outdated for systems newer than Catalina and must be updated
Razer Synapse is absent

I would really appreciate it to get a way to fix it because osu is one of my favorite games >-<

The error is clear, you need to download one of the newer Wineskins from this thread (Latest Wineskin for you) but what I'm curious about is where did you get your Wineskin from :P, I don't think I recognise that engine or Wineskin version number.
aidswidjaja
Broomble

Broomble wrote:

aidswidjaja wrote:

Naozumi

Naozumi wrote:

Broomble

Broomble wrote:

Hello,

Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent

3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced.

1. Right click osu!
2. Show Package Contents
3. Advanced > Tools

cd ../../osu!
start osu!.exe

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Wineskin 2.9.0.7-rc4
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
[Warning] Errors in: update.log
2021-03-14T00:18:45: _pending\osu!.exe => osu!.exe: FAIL

Please see the following link for the Test Run logs:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gcPNTTZCqM/
Hiya, unfortunately this is a known problem and there isn't a specific fix. Most likely we will have to build a new wrapper for.

Could you try using an older (possibly Intel-based) wrapper and seeing if it works? Also, try the instructions set out for C_o_l_o_u-r here: community/forums/posts/7951517 and screenie the output for us?

Other than that, we are experiencing really inconsistent behaviour relating to the terminal popping up then process killing, with all sorts of weird anomalies, especially on Big Sur and M1, so we'll try our best but see if using an older wrapper or starting through cmd fixes your issue (or provides more useful info for us), thank you :D

Shieq

Shieq wrote:

Hello guys, anyone knows if this is already working on m1 chip?
Currently while it is supported, it is a little bit inconsistent at the moment. You're welcome to try and see if it works for you :)
ilikebearslol
hey guys i accidently deleted osu and all my skins/songs are gone, i emptied the trash too... ;-; is there anyway to get those files back? if not i will prob stop playing "osu!" lolz
Topic Starter
Technocoder

ilikebearslol wrote:

hey guys i accidently deleted osu and all my skins/songs are gone, i emptied the trash too... ;-; is there anyway to get those files back? if not i will prob stop playing "osu!" lolz
Unfortunately, if you've emptied the trash then there isn't a way to get those files back (short of using a file recovery tool like: https://github.com/cugu/afro)
ilikebearslol
okay thanks, and also when i reinstalled osu it kept saying "cant open because osu! isnt responding." idk what to do but heres the report from macOs agent
Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H524)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
No errors in: update.log
aidswidjaja
ilikebearslol

ilikebearslol wrote:

okay thanks, and also when i reinstalled osu it kept saying "cant open because osu! isnt responding." idk what to do but heres the report from macOs agent
Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H524)
Engine: WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1
Wineskin 2.9.0.6 1
Execute flag is present
Razer Synapse is absent
No errors in: update.log

Doing a test run may help as there are no significant issues in your agent report.

3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced.
celeste_fan_139
whats the difference between the intel only version and the rosseta wineskin version?
LyfeMiracle

celeste_fan_139 wrote:

whats the difference between the intel only version and the rosseta wineskin version?
Ive noticed that on my M1 mac, the intel version is more reliable. My testing so far wasn't very extensive other than comparing how it does on a beatmap, but opening it seemed to be more reliable.
thesquid10
Whenever i try to open a song it freezes osu! and then i have to restart my pc for it to quit
aidswidjaja

celeste_fan_139 wrote:

LyfeMiracle wrote:

celeste_fan_139 wrote:

Ive noticed that on my M1 mac, the intel version is more reliable. My testing so far wasn't very extensive other than comparing how it does on a beatmap, but opening it seemed to be more reliable.
It's worth trying the Rosetta one first, then if that doesn't work well, trying the Intel one. The Rosetta one is designed to be more compatible with M1 and Big Sur. But generally we are seeing some issues across both wrappers on both M1 or Big Sur.

thesquid10 wrote:

Whenever i try to open a song it freezes osu! and then i have to restart my pc for it to quit
Hiya, could you try these instructions below so we can understand the issue before? thanks They're also available at https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/troubleshooting.html).

Troubleshooting steps
Step 1: See whether you can troubleshoot the problem yourself
Many issues already have solutions available to them. Check out the installation guide, osu!mac documentation project and the outdated troubleshooting guide.

If you're still unable to solve your issue, move onto the next step.

Step 2: Report and repair using osu!macOS Agent
  1. Download the latest version of Technocoder's osu!macOS Agent - older versions may have incompatibilities or bugs, especially with newer wrappers.
  2. Once it finishes downloading, open osu!macOS Agent.
  3. If you haven't already done so, click the Select button and browse to osu!.app's location. The text box should display its filepath (e.g ~/Users/firefly/Desktop/osu!.app) and Wine Engine (e.g WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1)
  4. Select the Troubleshoot tab, then click Scan.
  5. After the scan completes, click Repair.
  6. If this doesn't fix your issue, click Copy Report. Copy the contents into a reply to this thread and we'll do our best to help you out! Please don't forget to do a Test Run as outlined in the next step.
Step 3: Generating a Test Run through Wineskin
  3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced.
AnimatedThinks
I got the Rosetta build working consistently on my M1 Mac! (a few days ago)
I'm really not sure how, to be honest. I had downloaded the Wineskin just to try it out on the chance that it works, and after following the steps, it did open. (I can also close it and when I try reopening it, it works)
The command line popup did say something new about a bad EXE file, though. I couldn't get exactly what it said since my photo of it accidentally cut out half the text.

I was able to insert a skin and beatmaps by just dragging them in. I could also drag in an MP3 when I wanted to map, except one time when it didn't work for a certain MP3. Not sure why.
Mostly, things have been at least decent, but osu! is really unstable sometimes. Anything could crash it (it once crashed in the middle of playing a map, sad), and there are lag spikes. At least the FPS is good outside of those lag spikes!

I'm just glad that it's finally working :D
xc165543337
I'm trying to install osu!-rosetta but I've met certains problems...

After following the steps I could open osu! for only once (for downloading local files) and it won't work after all.

I've tried to solve my problem by checking all posts possible (my English is somehow poor so it's a bit difficult, and I'm also not a coder so it just sucks) but I've found them useless.

I've pasted the Wineskin test log here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Hhzq9MmB5w/ , and the report from macOS Agent is here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/HpCXTQ66r3/ .

Further information: My Macbook Pro is running macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.1.

I'll be waiting for replies and solutions and check responses after finishing my recent exams...

Sorry for any inconveniences...
aidswidjaja
AnimatedThinks

AnimatedThinks wrote:

I got the Rosetta build working consistently on my M1 Mac! (a few days ago)
I'm really not sure how, to be honest. I had downloaded the Wineskin just to try it out on the chance that it works, and after following the steps, it did open. (I can also close it and when I try reopening it, it works)
The command line popup did say something new about a bad EXE file, though. I couldn't get exactly what it said since my photo of it accidentally cut out half the text.

I was able to insert a skin and beatmaps by just dragging them in. I could also drag in an MP3 when I wanted to map, except one time when it didn't work for a certain MP3. Not sure why.
Mostly, things have been at least decent, but osu! is really unstable sometimes. Anything could crash it (it once crashed in the middle of playing a map, sad), and there are lag spikes. At least the FPS is good outside of those lag spikes!

I'm just glad that it's finally working :D

Yea that's great to hear! Saw this one a while ago but only noticed now you were experiencing intermittent crashes. I would probably play with the in-game resolution settings (don't enable Compatibility Mode though - and make a backup of your user config file anyway) to see if that fixes anything? It's sort of hard to provide a one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to instability mostly because it's really hard to diagnose what's causing it. And if it's just a performance issue then that's obviously limited by hardware and stuff. but feel free to check in and see what you get so that others might be able to have some ideas :)

Btw that bad EXE usually means that a component of the application was designed for 32-bit when macOS is now 64-bit only. But if it runs fine then I wouldn't worry about it.

xc165543337

xc165543337 wrote:

I'm trying to install osu!-rosetta but I've met certains problems...

After following the steps I could open osu! for only once (for downloading local files) and it won't work after all.

I've tried to solve my problem by checking all posts possible (my English is somehow poor so it's a bit difficult, and I'm also not a coder so it just sucks) but I've found them useless.

I've pasted the Wineskin test log here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Hhzq9MmB5w/ , and the report from macOS Agent is here: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/HpCXTQ66r3/ .

Further information: My Macbook Pro is running macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.1.

I'll be waiting for replies and solutions and check responses after finishing my recent exams...

Sorry for any inconveniences...

Hi :) I looked at your logs but I'm still not sure what is causing the problems. I suspect it may be an issue with the dotnet framework. There is not really an easy way to fix this.

Firstly you should try running the Intel Wineskin. Does that work?

Then, you can try reinstalling dotnet - but I can't promise this will work. Especially since with 64-bit programs or M1 Macs wine doesn't :

!!! Make a backup of your Wineskin before you continue !!!

1. Right click osu!.app
2. Click Wineskin.app
3. Click Advanced
4. Under Utilities, click Winetricks
5. Search for dotnet452
6. Open the dlls folder
7. Check dotnet452
8. Click Run, then in the dialog click Yes

It is more likely that it will not work, but you can still try. Especially because there may be a bug with this: https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/issues/103

Many people are having trouble running osu! on macOS Big Sur and M1 Macs, and we are still not sure what the problems are. It really seems to vary from person to person. There are definietly GPU bugs from upstream on Gcenx's WineskinServer that we are still trying to mitigate, so if anyone has any tips or ideas on how to get osu! running feel free to share!

I'm a bit busy currently so I won't have much time to look into things but I'll do my best...

Related links:

- https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=33524&p=126602
- https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=1093
- https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer/issues/65
Superuser1958
On the latest Intel wineskin, compatibility mode has been running much better for me. With it disabled, i either get stutters during gameplay (reduced dropped frames: enabled) or a heavily reduced framerate with high latency (reduce dropped frames: disabled)

"Reduce dropped frames" is still a requirement to avoid a majority of the stuttering in this case. Only issue i've found is that the window minimizes when focus is lost. though, the behavior is the same on Windows 10, so it's probably normal. I recommend setting the frame limiter to unlimited, since it appears to be stable.

Specs:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
(No GPU other than discrete)

If you enabled it and osu! crashes, it can be disabled manually from the config.

1. Open the osu! folder (using the agent)
  2. find osu!.<username>.cfg *
  3. Open it in a text editor and set CompatibilityContext from 1 to 0
  4. Save the file and restart osu!
note: the username should be the name of your home folder (ex. /Users/<username>)
aidswidjaja
Superuser1958

Superuser1958 wrote:

On the latest Intel wineskin, compatibility mode has been running much better for me. With it disabled, i either get stutters during gameplay (reduced dropped frames: enabled) or a heavily reduced framerate with high latency (reduce dropped frames: disabled)

"Reduce dropped frames" is still a requirement to avoid a majority of the stuttering in this case. Only issue i've found is that the window minimizes when focus is lost. though, the behavior is the same on Windows 10, so it's probably normal. I recommend setting the frame limiter to unlimited, since it appears to be stable.

Specs:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
(No GPU other than discrete)

If you enabled it and osu! crashes, it can be disabled manually from the config.

1. Open the osu! folder (using the agent)
  2. find osu!.<username>.cfg *
  3. Open it in a text editor and set CompatibilityContext from 1 to 0
  4. Save the file and restart osu!
note: the username should be the name of your home folder (ex. /Users/<username>)

That's interesting. In my own experience, and the experiences of a couple others here on the forums, Compatibility Mode tends to crash osu!. This is mostly because Compatibility Mode relies on OpenGL instead of DirectX, and the Wineskin doesn't enable OpenGL by default. However, DirectX calls are converted to OpenGL (see https://github.com/Gcenx/WineskinServer#directx-support-and-wine) so maybe a Wineskin that uses the OpenGL winetricks could improve performance?

This seems like it could be interesting, I'll try it out and see.
HexSaw
so, i have a problem i got a really big delay between my tablet and the cursor. i tried turn on/off raw input, but it does not work. im using gaomon s620 and my device is macbook air high sierra 10.13. is theres any solution?
itsbobbytnt
Hey, whenever I open the osu client updater, it keeps closing and opening? It says that it is updating my client, turns off, then turns back on, then loops. What do I do now? I tried using the Agent already.
Topic Starter
Technocoder

itsbobbytnt wrote:

Hey, whenever I open the osu client updater, it keeps closing and opening? It says that it is updating my client, turns off, then turns back on, then loops. What do I do now? I tried using the Agent already.
Do you mean you pressed the "Update osu!" button inside of the agent?
MrFelix64
could someone drop a copy of the catalina wineskin? the page keeps crashing when i download on mega. i accidentally pressed compatibility mode when i was playing and couldn't get osu to work. thanks
ThachAnhHoang
So I'm on a Hackintosh right now on Big Sur 11.2.3, and so far, I have had no success launching osu! at all at the moment.
aidswidjaja
HexSaw

HexSaw wrote:

so, i have a problem i got a really big delay between my tablet and the cursor. i tried turn on/off raw input, but it does not work. im using gaomon s620 and my device is macbook air high sierra 10.13. is theres any solution?
If you move your tablet pen really fast, what's the latency reported? For reference, moving my mouse super fast doesn't usually report higher than 40ms.

And just to make sure...

- you've installed drivers for the tablet on your Mac
- you're only getting input lag for the tablet, and only on osu! Wine (and not on your mouse/in other apps)

Are you getting significant frame drops in osu? That would usually also indicate just general performance issues that might explain latency.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that might improve tablet performance other than playing with the in-game osu! settings. I'll report back here if I think of something.

MrFelix64

MrFelix64 wrote:

could someone drop a copy of the catalina wineskin? the page keeps crashing when i download on mega. i accidentally pressed compatibility mode when i was playing and couldn't get osu to work. thanks
You can follow these instructions to remove Compatibility Mode from an existing Wineskin: https://osu-mac.readthedocs.io/en/latest/issues/graphics.html

If you need to redownload, you can try using a different browser, or import it into the Mega desktop app. Hope it goes well!

ThachAnhHoang

ThachAnhHoang wrote:

So I'm on a Hackintosh right now on Big Sur 11.2.3, and so far, I have had no success launching osu! at all at the moment.
I don't think the Wineskin has been tested on a Hackintosh - do you mind letting us know your system specs? (particularly system architecture and GPU)

Also, please try running these troubleshooting steps and feel free to report back with your logs - thank you :)
Troubleshooting steps
Step 2: Report and repair using osu!macOS Agent
  1. Download the latest version of Technocoder's osu!macOS Agent - older versions may have incompatibilities or bugs, especially with newer wrappers.
  2. Once it finishes downloading, open osu!macOS Agent.
  3. If you haven't already done so, click the Select button and browse to osu!.app's location. The text box should display its filepath (e.g ~/Users/firefly/Desktop/osu!.app) and Wine Engine (e.g WS11WineCX64Bit19.0.1-1)
  4. Select the Troubleshoot tab, then click Scan.
  5. After the scan completes, click Repair.
  6. If this doesn't fix your issue, click Copy Report. Copy the contents into a reply to this thread and we'll do our best to help you out! Please don't forget to do a Test Run as outlined in the next step.
Step 3: Generating a Test Run through Wineskin
  3. Open Wineskin.
  4. Click Advanced.
jaloley
i used this site:
https://osuosx.tumblr.com
and did everything like they said but i see this if i try to open osu:
white window, on the top xterm and there is a note
Topic Starter
Technocoder
"jaloley"

jaloley wrote:

i used this site:
https://osuosx.tumblr.com
and did everything like they said but i see this if i try to open osu:
white window, on the top xterm and there is a note saying Kira@Cristians-iMac " %
(kira and christian are me)
Follow the instructions of this thread, not that of the Alpha Release.
jaloley
did this later, still cant open osu. There is a wondow that says:
CLR error: 80004005. This program will now terminate.
first of all, this thing looks strange and it is on english and my coputer is on german.
should i copy and send you the repaired text from the program? would that help?
show more