forum

PlayStation Club

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nharox
I don't want to wait for Mortal Kombat anymore. I never paid attention to the franchise but I was blown away by the demo. I really like the characters, the stages and the tag team mode. Might take a while though because I have to import it (well, it's cheaper anyway). It's illegal when you import it in Australia, that's even worse than Germany.

Anyone else here is going to buy it?
BakaWolfy
PSN Baka-Wolf-
Games:
COD Modern Warfare 2
COD Modern Warfare
COD World at War
COD Black Ops
Bad Company 2
Killzone 3
Soul Caliber 4
Battlefield 1943
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
You've only got two different games? Bummer. I'm surprised you don't have Homefront.

Anyway, I've gone through about half of Crysis 2 so far, and what a sweet game. If you don't care about MP, the game is fucking fun.
awp

Nharox wrote:

Anyone else here is going to buy it?
I'm actually tempted. I dislike fighting games and never gave a damn about the Mortal Kombat series but in all fairness the game is so silly and fun. I'm sure as hell not going to fork over 60 bux for it, but if I find it in a pawn shop for 15 dollars I will in all likelihood pick it up. Also, since it's a simple, accessible, non-hardcore game, I'll actually be able to play it with friends.
Ivalset
If you own a PS3 and a PSP you are literally required to own Dissidia 012.

Just throwing that in there.
DawnII
No AHP for me, fucking wired connections. As if I even had time to troll the interwebs with my thunder barrett combos.
Ivalset
My laptop connects wirelessly to my router, which is like in the basement while i'm on the second floor. So I just run an ethernet cord from my laptop to my ps3 and bridge the wired connection with my wireless connection.

I dunno, maybe you can work something similar out.
DawnII
Ahaaaa. Totally didn't think of that. I'll try it this weekend.
awp

Ivalset wrote:

If you own a PS3 and a PSP you are literally required to own Dissidia 012.

Just throwing that in there.
there's fucking twelve of them? I haven't even played the first one yet
Ivalset
Nah, only two. Apparently the first one is technically Dissidia 013. It's pretty retarded but it is what it is.
awp

Ivalset wrote:

It's pretty retarded but it is what it is.
And that's retarded
Rantai
Just bought Hyperdimension Neptunia on an influenced whim and must say it's pretty amusing. From what I gather it's a game based on the console war where there are many console anthropomorphisms (in the form of anime-girls, of course) and several game/game-based shout outs and references. I only got around to playing (admittedly reading/watching for the first 15 mins) for around 30 minutes but got to see the basics of the gameplay. It seems to play out like an action-RPG-visual novel with the battle system being a combo based TBS.

So far it hasn't disappointed, I'm wondering if anyone else has had a look at it.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211

Mafiamaster wrote:

Beat Hyperdimension Neptunia yesterday...
Rantai

Seibei4211 wrote:

Mafiamaster wrote:

Beat Hyperdimension Neptunia yesterday...
O.o thanks.

I guess I screwed up my search function.
-SiN-
i rarely use it, registering for psp only :3

PSN: SiNR-33
awp
Anon is stepping into the Sony vs GeoHot lawsuit. This is probably going to inconvenience PS3 users for a little bit (I'm not sure what impacts it will have on PSN) but hopefully by the end of it Sony will stop being such a ludicrous despot in the whole ordeal.

As far as I'm concerned, they're free to ban users from the PSN if they're playing pirated games but everything else has been a big middle finger to moving the platform forward so far. Hopefully this will fill the grave Sony's digging before it gets too deep.
Ivalset
This whole situation is pretty gay.
Pokebis
Some people are trying to get dual booting for CFW and OFW.
If that happens I hope Sony will let those users still use PSN.
I mean on OFW they'd most likely be playing legit games and would have the opportunity to continue paying for Sony's service.
I mean, you can't even pirate most PSN games and DLC. Sony would just lose sales cutting these people off.

The only reason to ban hackers is to scare people from hacking, but only people really looking for that will be able to hack since you can only hack 3.55 and under right now, so there's not much to scare other than people who don't care about PSN.

Only people I think should be banned is cheaters. And only from the specific games they cheat in. Sony is wasting their money and cutting off profits. Nice move.
Ivalset
I hope you stay banned forever, Pokebis.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
This is awesome. Fucking great. It's pretty awesome that the legit users get to suffer just because there are assholes using their system. And now those fucking Anonymous guys are getting involved? Things just keep getting better.
awp

Seibei4211 wrote:

And now those fucking Anonymous guys are getting involved? Things just get keep getting better.
I think that actually is a point in our favour (I'm reading sarcasm in this). Once the PS3 was hacked Sony went trigger happy. I did some reading from some of the hacker groups, and there is/was a program that you could run which would spoof your PS3 serial number. If you knew the serial number of someone else's PS3 and got caught cheating while running that spoofer, you could get someone else banned rather than yourself. So basically, assuming this was true, Sony wasn't trying off the bat to solve the problem but to put a bandage over it. And the bandage is made of asbestos.

What they're currently doing vs what they were doing before security was breached is far worse. According to the PS3 EULA, Sony has the right, if they deem necessary (read: if they feel like it) to push silent updates to the console without any user input/consent (the consent was in the EULA). This in itself does not appear to be a problem since the silent updates are done in a non-intrusive way, however, if something goes wrong in an update (such as power failure) there's a risk of bricking the system. So apparently, Sony can accidentally brick your system if you leave it connected. And I'm pretty sure it's also written that they take no responsibility/liability if that happens, so you're out to sea.

So it has gotten to the point where a bit of (very) bad luck could mean the equivalent of a RROD, but Anon's involvement may resolve some of the unethical practices Sony's doing right now.

On the other hand, if failed updates don't harm the system, I'm more-so okay with it. I doubt this is the case (and Sony themselves warn that the system might not power up if it is abruptly shut off during an update).

I don't see what's so difficult about a failsafe. A failed firmware update should not brick any system. The BIOS should be smart enough to check for errors and restore a backup that is on permanent storage to protect against something like that.

You can fuck your PC up, but you can't brick it. The same should apply to all current and future technology
hunnykilla
Been playing mvc3 a looot lately.

PSN: Nakao510

Super Street Fighter 4(Cviper)
Marvel Vs Capcom 3
Metal Gear Online
Uncharted 3
Gran Turismo 5
Little Big Planet 2
Fat Princess
Pokebis

Seibei4211 wrote:

This is awesome. Fucking great. It's pretty awesome that the legit users get to suffer just because there are assholes using their system.
In the case of the hackers that's like saying it's pirate's fault DRM is in games. Sure they put it in games to help prevent piracy (you'd be stupid if you think it actually does), but the fact of the matter is pirates will circumvent these systems nearly immediately and only the end user (legit) suffers. This is over-optimistic implementations from corporations that do anything but help their sales. Pirates are not the ones implementing it, however.

Sony, as a corporation, made choices to implement their own systems, hackers pushed nothing onto you. And lots of hackers aren't "assholes" many are acting upon broken promises from Sony (Other-OS support), seeking of information (finding out how the PS3 ticks), and some just want to stick-it-to-the-man (which happens to be Sony).

I don't blame Sony for trying to protect their IPs, but they've been doing it very, very wrong. But it's them doing it wrong, not the hackers.

Of course the Anonymous attacks are indeed assholery. Can't really argue that and feel bad for you there.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Just got a pile of games. Darksiders, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, and Swarm. I'll probably get Spare Parts soon, too. Also, I got Sonic Colors, but whatever. That's the only one I've played so far.
Pokebis
Darksiders is pretty good.
I didn't know Colors was on the PS3.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Uh, it's not. That's why I tacked it on at the end there. I got it for the Wii. Anyway, I beat Swarm today. Kind of a demanding game sometimes. Like you have to be perfect during some levels and during the bosses just to simply beat the game. But there's only 10 levels and 2 bosses, so it's not too bad. Wasn't really worth the $15 though.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
So I just got done with Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. I have to say that I was thoroughly surprised. I thought for sure it'd be a generic, mediocre game with little creativity, but God damn, it was actually pretty decent. It's miles better than that 2008 Prince of Persia ever was. It's got some of the best platforming I've seen in a while. I wouldn't have paid $60 for it, but it's worth the $18 I spent on it.

Also, Spare Parts was halfway decent for a $10 PSN game.
awp
I pre-ordered Portal 2 for PS3 yesterday, and I'm picking it up tomorrow. What, an FPS for the PS3, when it's also available for the PC?

Seems retarded, but I only did so because the PS3 version comes with the PC version. So I can play local co-op until my friend gets himself a copy of it and we can play on PC.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
Yeah, the PS3 version rocks like that. I know another guy who's doing the same thing you're doing. I would get Portal 2 today, but I'm still broke from all of the other games I've been getting and I'm still only halfway through Darksiders right now. This game is pretty friggin' decent, too, by the way.
Akai-Moeru
My PSN is exactly the same as my username here.
The games I own are:
Marvel VS Capcom 3
Transformers: War For Cybertron
Final Fantasy XIII
Mortal Kombat
I don't play games online unless they have co-op features. I became tired of playing against people who only know how to cheat in order to win.
Nharox
My copy of Mortal Kombat despatched yesterday. Can't wait to get my hands on it, no idea who I should main though. The huge amount of content makes me want to sell MvC3. :P
Behon
Looks like online's been down since yesterday. A PSN blog said it will take a day or two before it's fixed.

If Anonomous is attacking again, I wonder if this will become a common occurence?
Pokebis
I don't think it's anon.
They're doing their best not to affect the PSN, I think this is maintenance or a big mistake or something.
Ivalset
Argh, this is awful.

Entire day ruined.
Topic Starter
Seibei4211
I feel bad for all the Portal 2 co-op users right now. I need to convince a friend to get this game cause co-op sounds pretty fun.
Mafiamaster
Platted Ar tonelico Qoga a few days ago.
It's nice to get away from all the turn-based games I've been playing.
The game has kept me excited for 96 hours before I had to wait 4 more to get the last 100 hour trophy.

If I had RL friends to play with, I'd get Mortal Kombat. Other than that, not interested. Lol, online pass for 10 dollars?
Haven't really been interested in the Portal series since I'm not a particular fan of Valve. I'd like to give Portal 2 a try when I get it some day.

Going to get Arcana Heart 3 when the PSN goes back online.
Crimmi
CrimmiSkye - PSN: RappelZAppend

Games:

Tekken 6 - Lili or Lars
Super Street Fighter IV - Fei Long or Ken
Street Fighter IV - ^
Soul Calibur IV - Maxi, Mitsurugi, Sophitia or Raphael
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Ryu/Sentinel/Morrigan or Spider Man/Hulk/Zero
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Captain Commando/Ryu/Ken or B.B. Hood/Morrigan/Wolverine
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - Sasuke or Sakura
Smackdown! vs. Raw 2011
Dance Dance Revolution 2010
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
DJ Hero 2
Resident Evil 5
Crysis 2
Devil May Cry 4
Grand Turismo 5
Virtua Fighter 5 - Jackie Bryant
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - Scorpion or The Joker
Mortal Kombat - Scorpion or Raiden

Mostly i play the Marvel vs. Capcom games but if you need a match you know where to find me. :D
Akai-Moeru
PSN has been down for about 3 days now(on the weekend, perfect timing). Does anyone know when it will be operational again?
Mr Gaddy
The easter weekend. :|
Follow the twitter or blog.
I want to play Portal 2 goddamnit.
Pokebis
Apparently Anon isn't really attacking them, Sony is just shutting down because they're afraid of anon's attacks. Whelp.

Anyways, the new Mortal Kombat is surprisingly good. I actually think it's better than SSF4. It actually feels a lot like SSF4 in terms of pace, but it feels a lot more flexible. Not quite as good as MvC3, though.
show more