forum

[Archived] "Stutter" Performance issue Information gathering

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Hollow-
I have the same problem as everyone, the stutter sometimes vanish for days and comeback anyways, i’ve tried every fix in this post and nothing solved the problem.

Windows 10 Pro - build 1809

My setup:
FX-8350 @ 4GHz
GTX 960 SSC 4GB VRAM
4GBx4GB(8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
-Lunya
I'm making a new comment on it since it might be useful for someone else.

Guys, it seems like I managed to fix my stuttering ingame.
I've been playing taiko and noticed that it didn't lag on that game mode, so I went back to standard to test. It's been just some weeks since I started dragging instead of hovering on my tablet, and by coincidence that's when I started having those lags. I tried then to hover to see if it would happen aaand.. nope. That's when I realized that somehow it had to do with dragging. The difference between dragging and hovering? Well, when dragging my pen tip is touching the tablet surface while I play and consequently it is registering a constant click.

What I did was to simply disable the click command on the wacom software and then... BAM! Lags are gone!

The bad side to it is that It's a bit tough to navigate through osu without simply clicking on stuff. I managed to change my pen side buttons as to use one of them to have the "click" command, and things's been working fine since then.

Try this and let me know if it works for you too!
hayyydn
Just my two sense, I noticed that after a windows update I was getting 10x+ the frame latency from 0.4 to 6+ ms per frame, turns out windows ink was enabled. Disabling this fixed my issue! It was also cauing opengl out of memory issues, hope this helps anyone having issues!
CommandoBlack
1) How severe were the stutters?, how often did they happen?, How long did they last?
a) Makes the game look like its running at 40fps, b) Happens 30min after starting osu! and only fixes after restarting my pc, c) They last until they decide to fix themselves or until i pull the plug.

2) What did you do to fix them, or reduce their frequency?
See b & c

3) What Operating System & Update version are you using?
Windows 10 version 1809

I'm experiencing this on osu!mania

i9-8950HK
32GB of RAM
GTX 1080

Also: Superfetch has been renamed to SysMain on versions of windows 10
Edit: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/very-high-dpc-latency-on-win10-in-ndissys/2c523e49-e2a0-45f0-8233-b6435dbbe905
minecrafter
1> Freezes up game OR makes circles/notes looks like they are going backwards. occurs often to rarely and lasts for less than a second.
2> moved osu! install on my Windows SSD (in this case Samsung SSD 850 Pro) and changing osu! CPU Affinity to only CPU3 and CPU4, then the stutters goes away almost completely
3> Windows 10 Version 1809 x64

Stutters occured on both osu!standard and osu!mania (4K)

my osu has fullscreen, 1920x1080 (Letterboxed from 2560x1080) and i have 2 other monitors (1920x1080 and 1280x1024) that is not for osu! and it is on unlimited FPS (gameplay) in menus it is limited to 999FPS

Hardware:
-AMD Ryzen 1700 (3.59GHz, 1.254v)
-16GB of DDR4-2933 (16-17-17-35)
-Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB untouched clocks
-Wacom CTL-490 Tablet with Hawku Drivers 0.2.3
-Corsair K70 LUX with the corsair software installed and running
HalfW
For those of you who are using laptops with external graphic card, I suggest using the integrated graphics instead. It overall increases my FPS, lower my ms and I haven't experienced any significant stutters since then.
Aulven
Okay so I've been experiencing this stutter where the mouse freezes and the song moves back and forth with the music and the circles but i completely fixed this problem i think so here's what i did.

I've come to a theory that playing with a tablet and multiple monitors causes the stutters for me at least, it's probably because i turned off absolute raw input and my tablet causes my pc to go full sicko mode and that resulted with the stutters but when i took of my other monitor and turned back on absolute raw input i hadn't any stutters since then.

And also if you're having high input latency you can try this https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/716483
GTST
This stuttering started happening a couple weeks ago and ive been searching google for fixes but nothing.

I would describe the stuttering I am experiencing as stutters in my cursor. The music doesnt stutter and I cant tell if the circles are stuttering. If im snapping to a circle the in game cursor will stop for a moment like it disconnected or something. The more complex the song the more stutters it seems or just more noticeable. I am using a wired mouse and dont experience this issue on other games.

I will also note that loading the game has become extremely laggy or something. The picture will freeze but I can still hear the music in the background. I have to just sit on the screen until it resolves. When I click the icon on the taskbar the game loads up in the background and sometimes clicking it on the taskbar wont bring it up even though I can hear it in the background (if that makes sense).

It was all running fine a few weeks ago then it started running poorly as explained (maybe from some update on my computer or the game I cant recall a specific time).

Ive reinstalled the game, tried different fps limits, tried the compatibility mode option, raw input on and off, playing it with absolutely nothing running, plus some other things I read searching on google (cant recall the fixes).

ASUS FX705GM-EV101T (Laptop)
Intel i7-8750H
16GB RAM
GTX 1060
MST_Spica
Lately I've been able to play this game at a great performance although I do not believe there's no more problem since my laptop is pretty powerful considering the fps rate it's getting. Anyway, I do not check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:', 'Disable fullscreen optimization'.

In the game setting, I turn on the following options:
Reduce dropped frame
Detect performance issue
Fullscreen mode
Frame limiter: unlimited

I must not use MSI Afterburner overlay otherwise there'll be several ms latency.

EDIT: Yes. I turned off the Windows Ink and the red boxes are either only 1 or completely gone. Great advise!
ZodiacLyfe
I have been having this problem for a week now and it's really affecting my gameplay.

They are pretty severe, happen at least once per beatmap i play, lasting for around 1-2 seconds.

I have tried restarting, closing everything, disabling antivirus, disconnecting from wifi, changing fps settings, changing graphics settings.

I'm using Windows 10, build 17763.557
Kurumya
It's seems that the lastest windows build, 1903 has hard time with osu!. I updated my computer from 1703 to 1903 in order to play Forza 4 Horizon but osu! became totaly unplayable. My fps went from 900 to 400 (1.2 to 2.8) and the game slutters a lot. I can't go back to the old windows update because the xbox games program requires all windows update to be done. Every people that have a good pc but slutters use at least the 1803 windows build, which brings a waste of performance for every computer on osu!. And this will make me quit this game because I'm tired of fixing osu! instead of playing it.
[ Darling ]
Hey guys i've been having the same issue and tho its not a permanent solution, having process hacker and setting both i/o priority and Priority to the highest possible fixes the issue until you close the game

Specs;
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz
32Gb RAM 3000MHz DDR4
Office executive chair - black

W10 x64 - latest version
Melophoric
I've been experiencing Stuttering and rollbacks for the last 2 months

They only start appearing after like 15 min into playing, and restarting the game doesnt fix that

Here is the things I tried :

Reinstalling osu!
Reinstalling Windows 10
Reinstalling my audio and graphic drivers
Disabling fullscreen
Turning on/off comptability mode
Disabling things like discords while playing
Messing up with my graphic card settings (in nvidia panel)
Virus scans and Malwarebytes
Disabling every overlay like Discord or GeForce

EDIT : Also switched to Beta and Experimental version of osu!

Thing is my pc tends to heat a lot (90c or so, I'm playing on a MSI Laptop that is getting a bit old (4years using) but still performing) while playing osu while I can comfortably stream games like League (which doesnt make sense to me (I guess ?) )

Hopes it will help
Goro Majima
I dont even see superfetch or sysmain and this is honestly frustrating me.
hudcoomdue
I seem to be getting the stutters too. my computer doesnt have superfetch and sysmain cant be restarted. In task manager I cant make osu realtime and the stutters are really bad. I also use vsync normally because screen tearing is unbearable. I seem to stutter less on unlimited though. Is there any way to get rid of screen tearing and the stutters?
Dustinstupid
This is more than likely not the cause but I fixed mine by turning off "Hit Lighting" In the settings.
walpurgisnacht
My stutters were quite bad. I recently bought a Logitech G203 mouse, and it looks like the G Hub Drivers seemed to have caused the issue for me. If you have logitech hardware maybe turn off G Hub to see if that solves your issue?
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

DatMattOfficial wrote:

My stutters were quite bad. I recently bought a Logitech G203 mouse, and it looks like the G Hub Drivers seemed to have caused the issue for me. If you have logitech hardware maybe turn off G Hub to see if that solves your issue?
Since this post we have realized that mice with high polling rates can cause issues. Which was *probably* what you were experiencing. It's very common with those logitech mice.
Dustinstupid
Hello! :) I found another way to fix it:

If you have discord by chance disable the in-game overlay.
Sinleth
i can run cyberpunk with less stutters than this.

almost every suggestion written in this thread is complete bullshit and doesn't help.

it's like everyone thinks our systems aren't powerful enough to run this game with other, completely normal day to day applications running at the same time.
Zelzatter Zero

Sinleth wrote:

i can run cyberpunk with less stutters than this.

almost every suggestion written in this thread is complete bullshit and doesn't help.

it's like everyone thinks our systems aren't powerful enough to run this game with other, completely normal day to day applications running at the same time.
and no one's stupid enough to necro thread ever.

My 2006 era PC can still run this game with 7ms frametime for 12 hours without stutters, with both Discord and Chrome opened, and that's just 4GB of RAM with a Pentium-tier CPU lmao.

Honestly you guys have put too much advanced equipment to the PC expecting the game to run as smooth as possible when what it takes doesn't even that much, and now you guys complain about it? What about just make the guide yourself? Why have to put pressure on the devs when the game itself is already optimized?
show more