forum

How do I remove breaks?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bairno_Boy
I'm currently working on a beatmap and a break was automatically placed between two notes that are far apart, I placed more notes in-between said two notes, and that just made the break shorter. I've tried right-clicking, selecting, anything I could think of, but I can't seem to get rid of it. I am using a wineskin wrapper for macOS so I don't have the beatmap editor menu at the top of my desktop, I have the Wine menu. What can I do to remove this break?
Endaris
You can cycle through the beatmap editor menu hidden behind the black bar at the top via Alt+F.
If that doesn't help, break times are also listed in the Events section of the .osu file and you can manually remove them there.
That being said, right-clicking the break not working indicates that the time between the notes is still too long.
Chiru-kun
dunno what is your goal by doing so. but here.

1. drag it from ONE side to the opposite side. if enough, then good. if not enough, move to the next point.
2. if shortening it from one side is not enough, do NOT do it from both sides. osu! will put back the break automatically.
instead, look to this forum: osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1084539?start=7500457
i have had the same issue. however, it was for a map that i never intend to rank. if you do the thing in the forum linked above, your map might be unrankable (due to hp drain concerns). if that's fine for you, then go ahead. and if you do use this, remember to lower hp drain option to around 4 (suggest).