forum

Deleting Submitted Beatmaps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IllusionB

Hello! So...

I'm a new mapper and I submit maps for friends and mods to judge to get better right? Problem is I never wanted these maps to become ranked in the first place and I just wanted to submit them to share them. (yes i know file > export package exists, I use that now, but there was no way I would've known that if I wasn't told) Now I have my number of submitted maps I don't care about at 4 and I want to post a gd req but like, i cant submit any map to begin with.

1) Why can't the creator of the map move it to the graveyard manually? or even unsubmit it?
2) Why are WIP maps considered pending? Shouldn't that mean they aren't ready? Why can't those be unsubmitted?

vv (Opinion) vv
The system of waiting for the map to go to the graveyard is so tedious and unnecessary and I feel like there can be a much better system in place that both refines the amount and quality of submitted pending maps AND is more nourishing and beginner mapper friendly.

My thoughts for a potential solution be a submission system in place dedicated to WIP maps where ppl can freely submit, delete, comment on, and play maps without it being pending for being ranked (because they aren't) sort of like a purgatory. After all not all created maps are even meant for ranked, just there for practice and getting input from people who can provide guidance. This would be like osu!'s workstation for projects that can be easily shared with a link rather than a file, and can be erased just as easily. Having this system would make getting help easier for people. And when maps from there are complete, the creator can submit it as a pending map so it would move on to the submission system for pending maps that are truly ready to be ranked.

I feel like this would also make nominator's jobs so much easier by separating the legit done projects with the WIP not done projects and also by reducing the amount of submitted beatmaps total (i think/im pretty sure). It would also be easier to share maps since a link is much easier to send to people than a file is

vv Final Thoughts vv
In my head I thought this'll be a great way to separate the gold from the dirt so to speak. Idk this was an idea I got for fixing multiple quality of life issues for people at once. Maybe it's all a stupid idea or I just make maps too fast and it's only something that affects me.
Tell me what you guys think ab this!

edit: also if this is the wrong forum to suggest this lemme know lol
lewski
the entire point of the system is to stop people from submitting maps constantly so this is pointless

that said i have no idea how big of an issue it is with peppy's current capacity, you'd have to ask him
Dntm8kmeeatu
If we removed pending slots, or did what you asked, a new catch would need to be added to be triggered by too many maps being moved to the graveyard or deleted. If not, people could just upload duplicate 100mb maps over and over and quickly soak up that juicy bandwidth and space. It aint cheap yo'

The system as it works right now I find perfectly acceptable, and changing it will just require other changes that will pretty much negate what you are asking. Just don't go crazy with submitting a bunch of maps at once.
Topic Starter
IllusionB

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

If we removed pending slots, or did what you asked, a new catch would need to be added to be triggered by too many maps being moved to the graveyard or deleted. If not, people could just upload duplicate 100mb maps over and over and quickly soak up that juicy bandwidth and space. It aint cheap yo'

The system as it works right now I find perfectly acceptable, and changing it will just require other changes that will pretty much negate what you are asking. Just don't go crazy with submitting a bunch of maps at once.

Alright that makes sense, but what about being able to move maps to the graveyard or better yet delete them yourself? Would that be a plausible improvement?
lewski
no that has the same problems cause you could still just upload stuff without a limit