forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
thyme_old_1
from jakads, saw him on etterna and followed him here.
the ball man
I was watching this guy who made a video about osu! his name was Ratorix and like 2-3 days after i watched the video i downloaded the game
dogg
My sister's boyfriend.

funny story: he had the skill level of a 50k player. and he introduced me to osu, and holy F***.
since that day, i never stopped playing it, it's become an addiction and a HUGE passion.

i was about 13-14 y.o i think at the time and my goal was to surpass him, in a year i surpassed him, and i kept going. eventually i reached Rank 20K and BOOM life got in the way.

Took a HUGE break. sorted my life out and now i've become much, much better. allthough i dont play for pp now. i should also mention that i've been transitionning to Mania.

so yeah that's my story. :)

i hope you have an awesome day!

-dogg
P U L S E
I saw BeasttrollMc's video in my recommended, So i clicked on it and it was when he played Big black (Couple years ago) And i was astonished how fast he was clicking, Did some reasearch and downloaded the game and started playing
Cahyono29
just like most people,i found it from youtube
nonbon12452
I remember I saw this video and I thought it was cool so I first got the mobile version of the game because I was an idiot. After a few weeks of playing Opsu I decided to play the actual game and it felt 100x better than the mobile version. It kinda sucks that nobody I know plays Osu except for like one of my friends. All my other friends say the game is trash but what do they know they only played it for like 5 minutes.

This was the video I watched btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWU6ayRb7Js
Kingironside
I was an huge fan of the osu games on ds. When I found out that there was a pc version of it I signed the heck up right away. Like from day one all the way back in 2007 I was around. Did not really start playing seriously until about 3 months ago.

Also I like anime and there's lots of anime music which is cool.
[- Birdyx -]
I was a huge fan of league streamers and the one I used to watch in these times (2014) was boxbox, sometimes he stop playing league and switch to osu!, When I saw that game it looked really impressive to me so I downloaded the game and start to play (non seriously) and the most of times I have played I got a feel like I'm improving, all my osu sessions don't pass through 15 - 30 mins and I quit XD, so the seriously gameplay starts at 2017 - 18 where I start climbing more and more, it cost me like infinite retryes but that doesn't matter.
Today I take it like a distraction game, I want to take it seriously but my skill in-game isn't like what it was
ClevelandsMyBro
i was a big Geometry Dash fanboy, so everything osu! related, i hate. i saw one of the community member playing osu!, so i tried it, never went back.
Foxpal
I was in a skype group with a few good friends, and one of them played osu! religiously. I decided to hop on with her and now I'm here
Miyu Okamoto
Mine is that I found the game from friends from an old old forum site where the chat is now pretty much dead
[pGA]Remilia
My friend recommended it to me.
Liiraye
2011 from an anime bootleg stream forum that had a thread about it. After quite a while of activity in it I gave it a try and here I am now, pushing my 8th year.

Had some really nice friends from there that I played multis with. Lost contact with all of them by now though, think I'm the only one that really got stuck with it.
sl0_old_1
i don't remember exactly, but i think from youtube
xxdinorabbitxx
how i discorvered osu was a bit all over the place

but to make a long story short, i found out about osu because of my friend's facebook vid

longer story:
1.i saw a vid of my friend doing pparkour
2. the song he used in said video was "dear you"
3. i liked the song so i listen to it for a few weeks
4. in the recommendations of the video, it showed an osu gameplay of the song
5. initially i played osu stream on the iphone, and i thought it was great
6. another friend at my school randomly asked if i knew of a game called osu
7. i did
8. he said to play it, so i downloaded the game and the rest is history
ik4h
was on a friend's steam profile
literally in the middle of his user page it said 'rank 30k {or something like that} on osu'
searched it up
I was bored as fuck at this point, like out of my mind, from just grinding CS:GO comp for hours straight
downloaded it
started playing it on and off
got more and more bored
was at a relatives house
played it on their PC

yeah im here now
makemecool123
Just discovered osu! with my brother apparently he discovered osu! through a facebook post were pretty much focused on the mania portion of the game, we pretty much ignored std! for a year then I tried playing std! then he quit the game duo to some reason.
ASHIQUL
'Clap'
'Clap'
'Clap'

Greatest post ever made

okay back to story

i used to play this game called DML (dragon mania legend s)
i youtubed it
found a person called Quackalakes
who also played osu which i did not know that time
she was playing (or streaming) osu
i was like ,what in gods name is this?
it was fanta-boulas
i was like,where to get this game?
she was like,you can literaly download this on your pc
i coudnt belive it
that was because she also played super smash bros
which needed nintendo switch
and i was (and still am ) broke
i was shocked that this kind of game did not need controlers which were not our hands
after couple of weeks i finally downloaded it suddenly
i was trying to download osu droid in my tab in that time lmao
started january,still cant A 4 star
god bless mouse
YukiAyase
I knew the game back at 2009 when I was still a young lad
Never really got to play reason being I didn't even have a pc back then
A few years passed I forgot about it
Then recently a friend of mine streamed it and I was like "I wanna try this game"
I've played osu! ever since
naria
Discovered it through a video of maxmoefoe playing it but didn't join until a lot of people started playing it in a Minecraft community I was in
TeIe
Mine is actually really simple, I was on discord and saw one of the server members playing osu! and I had heard about it when I was in the market for drawing tablets and actually bought a osu! tablet (Star g640) and id thought it would be fun to try, now I cant stop :).
saturnnnn
A friend started playing it then he got me into it. then i fell down teh rabbot hole of trying to get pp. (my freind dropped the game after 3 moths fbm.)
-Karu
Well i bought my first PC in this store with a sign that said "50 USD PC's with 10 games on it" but i rlly didn't care about the games it was suppsed to be for school, one day my internet went out for like 1 week and i remembered the sign of the store so i looked for the games and osu was one of them, at first i just played the 5 songs that come with the game, mostly "chasers - lost" i fc'd the first diff with almost every mod (fun fact: at first i loved HR and hated HD, but now i can't stand playing a song with HR and i never disable HD) except for Dt because i was a noob XD, my internet came back i updated the game and played for a while and after 2 weeks i made my account
__Naru__
This was back when I was playing Touhou. Basically, this one kid on a Discord server was complaining about hard osu was. So I said "But is it harder than Touhou?" And they said yes. Despite not having played both games. So I decided to give it a shot. Got a little swept off my feet, and kinda used mouse buttons instead of keyboard, which sucked. But when I really got the hang of it after switching to keyboard, osu became genuinely fun and I quickly sinked a ton of hours into it.
Ryatoi
I originally found it through searching 'how to improve aim' in games I played. Never thought Osu would be the only game i'd end up playing... no regrets.
Meguro
Two words: YouTube. Recommendations.

I'm listening to OreImo OP then suddenly Hitsound
Magnus-Cosmos
Saw a video once on osu forgot about it and 5 months later it came back to me in a dream, true story btw.
BOT_Dimitri709
deleted
sleepwalking
being a weeb u just got to go to rhythm games lol. i played rhythm games on my phone and transferred over to pc. also watched miraie too from my brother.
Tamaninja
There was a guy I knew who was obsessed with Rohulk I watched one of Rohulk's vids and I downloaded it and I couldn't realize why I can't play with my keyboard.
Skip forward 1 year and another friend of mine was playing osu so I joined him and he helped me with the keyboard thingy and since then I pretty much played.
Totoryu
Watched ReeseWasHere.
Cookiezi CRACK TRAXXXX pass got me into the game probably yea lmao
Eletronnical
To be honest, I don't exactly remember how I got into osu!. But I remember that I loved watching osu! on YouTube. I can't remember the youtuber/channel name though. Probably just some known youtubers.
Alot
through a website called stumpbleupon
Roochs
Youtube recommendation -
squartatrice_
Thanks a youtuber called Ratorix
safir
From a youtuber basically :) I don't think i really have an interesting story so
- Marco -
from an italian youtuber called Zeb89
Vello
Whenever a friend of mine came to me we've played computer games. He didnt had one so i had to play on my brothers pc and he ad osu!. And since he and his friends always talked about it i thought i give it a try so here i am.
Drika
I came to pc, a friend told me to try this game, gave up for a while, saw surefour and effect (ow players) playing aim maps, thought i should give aim maps a try
a while later and im 50k mouse only
Arctos Sagittario
Thought I’ve replied to this post, turns out I haven’t…
A roommate played it, I got interested. Nothing dramatic.
show more