forum

[Archived] beatmap no sound

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puppyy
Problem details: one specific beatmap does not have sound, all of the beatmaps i have play sound except for this one so im assuming its the beatmap itself? i opened the folder for the beatmap and it has the song in there (the song also works i tested it) but when i play the beatmap it doesnt play the song :C
its this beatmap- https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/523382#osu/1111206

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190410 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
The maps Audio file name got fucked up due to Japanese characters being converted, so the .osu file points to an incorrect file path.

If you really want, change the name of the mp3 to "audio" and the Song file name to "audio" in the .osu file, save, and it should work after that.
Topic Starter
Puppyy

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

The maps Audio file name got fucked up due to Japanese characters being converted, so the .osu file points to an incorrect file path.

If you really want, change the name of the mp3 to "audio" and the Song file name to "audio" in the .osu file, save, and it should work after that.

i changed the name of the mp3 to audio and saved, im not very familiar with osu beatmap editor xD so is there anything i have to do after that because i just saved, it still doesnt work oof lol
Death
You need to change both the audio file name itself, and the AudioFileName line in the .osu file for it to work (and you need to include the .mp3 part in the file too). Based on the way you worded your reply, it doesn't sound like you did both of those things.

You may also need to scroll to a different map and then scroll back, or go back to the menu and then go back to the song selection screen, for it to start working.