forum

[osu!mania] DJ Myosuke & Noizenecio - Architecture by Mat

posted
Total Posts

Should DJ Myosuke & Noizenecio - Architecture by Mat be Loved?

Yes
80.61%
No
19.39%
Total votes: 655
Polling ended
show more
_underjoy
pls loved so i can smash the leaderboards
Cunu
Stop making mistake please
Mat
its not like it gives PP lmao just have fun with leaderboards
[Crz]sel
pls loved so i can smash the leaderboards [2]
Murumoo
keyboard death map
My Angel Nilou
Lemme Smash
diamondBIaze
fun as hell and certainly has the necessary popularity
abraker
About time
itsjakey

Kamikaze wrote:

Mat wrote:

Insp1r3 wrote:

Hey remember when people were asking for this to be loved and the Loved captains said "no" well look at it now

Just need it to hit 80% and out vote the elitists :)

not doing good so far mate

Making a Wreckee
wonder5193
JUST HAVE FUN GUYS
EtienneXC
Damn y'all really running out of shit to play if this gets loved
Proxae
manip to death
Bakuretsue

EtienneXC wrote:

yea we ar cuz ranked is shit
only 7k pp wheres the high 4k sr stuff soon we wont even be able to get 3 digit with crappy ranking system
we need mat's MANIP 1.5x
PikachuNick

EtienneXC wrote:

Stfu and let people play what they want
Bakuretsue

EtienneXC wrote:

PikachuNick wrote:

EtienneXC wrote:

Stfu and let people play what they want

YOU ARE PIPPER DE FURRY
okthen
pls yes free pp
Fanahira
Nigel Farage approves!
[LS]PositoniX
fr*kc yas
Arkitev
For those who vote "no": its not the voting for the most quality chart.
SillyFangirl
Thanks manipulation gang, i love you all ♥♥♥♥
RoroTheDeer

SillyFangirl wrote:

Please stop this shitposting it's getting really fucking annoying
SillyFangirl

Insp1r3 wrote:

SillyFangirl wrote:

Please stop this shitposting it's getting really fucking annoying

its not shitpost, if you don't like it...go ahead and block or do what you want xD
WalterToro
Okay, this is actually being awfully annoying from both sides, if you want this map (or not) to be loved please vote and bring constructive opinions for future picks, because mania loved captains would like to read those, but the shitposting and attacking from both sides needs to stop.

This is my only warning, if this continues the thread will be locked and silences will be applied.
h0pde

WalterToro wrote:

vote yes or ban

ooaakkyy man pls not banning
Mat
just bants innit but ye chill and have fun playin the gam c:
Bakuretsue
We merely enjoy Mat's charting.
Shoegazer

Insp1r3 wrote:

Hey remember when people were asking for this to be loved and the Loved captains said "no" well look at it now

We nominated Architecture because of how popular it currently is despite when it was created, and one of the purposes of the Loved section is to nominate charts that are already very popular. We were mostly adamant on picking Architecture because of how we were uncertain of how the community would perceive it. However, the community is, from what I can see from the poll, mostly looking forward to Architecture being in the Loved section. We'll take it being loved and its implications into consideration for the future.

I understand from many angles why people want or don't want Architecture to be loved. This is mostly a litmus test to see how big the community that wants Architecture (and similar maps) to be loved compared to the smaller community. Like I said, the implications of the poll's results will be taken into consideration for future picks.

Mat wrote:

Just need it to hit 80% and out vote the elitists :)

Far from an elitist group (most people who I know dislike Architecture are far more than capable of playing it than most) -- I request that you stop being antagonistic simply because they don't like Architecture, especially if their dislike is justified based on legitimate reasons.

Walter has already stated this, but I also want people who dislike the chart not to lambast anyone for voting "yes" on the chart. Even if it comes from a brigade or an announcement, their reason for supporting the chart is, by our criteria, legitimate.
RoroTheDeer

Shoegazer wrote:

Insp1r3 wrote:

We nominated Architecture because of how popular it currently is despite when it was created, and one of the purposes of the Loved section is to nominate charts that are already very popular. We were mostly adamant on picking Architecture because of how we were uncertain of how the community would perceive it. However, the community is, from what I can see from the poll, mostly looking forward to Architecture being in the Loved section. We'll take it being loved and its implications into consideration for the future.

I understand from many angles why people want or don't want Architecture to be loved. This is mostly a litmus test to see how big the community that wants Architecture (and similar maps) to be loved compared to the smaller community. Like I said, the implications of the poll's results will be taken into consideration for future picks.

This wasn't a bash at the chart or the fact that it was picked. If anything it was a celebration since it had been put off for so long, but if that's how you want to interpret it, go ahead.
Shoegazer

Insp1r3 wrote:

This wasn't a bash at the chart or the fact that it was picked. If anything it was a celebration since it had been put off for so long, but if that's how you want to interpret it, go ahead.

Fair enough, but I'd like to clarify why it was chosen in the first place regardless (since there has been some backlash to the pick).
Remyria
I'd just like the point out this map has the most votes by a huge margin out of all the maps in this round.

(I find it funny that this will potentially get denied by less than 1% with 300+ people voting yes while some other maps get loved with <50 votes)
WalterToro

Remyria wrote:

I'd just like the point out this map has the most votes by a huge margin out of all the maps in this round.

I need to add that this map has brought attention from different players who have been calling to vote yes/no on this particular map.

I would have loved to see the same attention for other maps, but yeah, personal tastes.
Mat

Shoegazer wrote:

Far from an elitist group (most people who I know dislike Architecture are far more than capable of playing it than most) -- I request that you stop being antagonistic simply because they don't like Architecture, especially if their dislike is justified based on legitimate reasons.

Walter has already stated this, but I also want people who dislike the chart not to lambast anyone for voting "yes" on the chart. Even if it comes from a brigade or an announcement, their reason for supporting the chart is, by our criteria, legitimate.

Mat wrote:

Just need it to hit 80% and out vote the elitists

Yes it was just a silly comment on a more serious one all memes aside:

I know where u are coming from and yes there are defiantly legit reasons why people would not like playing the map. its just kinda annoying when u see how many people would get enjoyment out of the map being loved and to deny soo many people that just because they dont like one fast pattern in the middle of the map (or i guess the map as a whole) just hurts the community more then helps it. I dont see too much of a reason to just take away enjoyment of others when, if it did get loved the people that dont like the map just... simply dont have to play it and it wont effect them in the slightest since its not like the map gives PP and are forced to play it to get higher ranks.

Loved is a catagory to have maps the community enjoy be more accessible and provide a competitive leader board for the people that enjoy playing such map can compete for top scores. personally if there are people that would want a map to be loved, and i say had an extreme dislike for such map i wouldn't vote no since it doesnt effect me. Just let the people that enjoy the map have it loved simple no reason to take that away.

Thanks for showing all the support for the map everyone and keep it up :)
SillyFangirl

Remyria wrote:

(I find it funny that this will potentially get denied by less than 1% with 300+ people voting yes while some other maps get loved with <50 votes)

is a fine example of how votes should be haha
Bakuretsue
I have no objections against a map having a leaderboard, people whom dislike the map could also just not pay attention to this map while ranking could be way more problematic for community and noms as it affects way more than a loved map does.
Topic Starter
clayton
it does seem counter-intuitive in some sense that a map with so many Yes votes can get blocked at the same percentage as others with far fewer total votes... changing this system would mean that the No voters lose a lot of their influence (which is already quite minimal), though

it's hard to strike a balance, or at least I don't have any clue of how to do it. if you have a better idea for how these votes could be carried out, feel free to write it here (or message me/Toy)!
Adri
I don't really like 80/20 because, let's say you get a 75/25 result : congrats 75% percent of people are now unhappy because they won't be able to compete on a map they like, and 25% of people who didn't like the map anyway will just continue not playing it. I don't like 50/50 either because maps wouldn't get denied. How to find a balance ? Is there a balance ?

Everyone has a different vision of Loved and therefore it is many things, but if you want to be multiple things at once, it won't work as long as people will try to enforce their own vision only.
Bakuretsue

Adri wrote:

I don't really like 80/20 because, let's say you get a 75/25 result : congrats 75% percent of people are now unhappy because they won't be able to compete on a map they like, and 25% of people who didn't like the map anyway will just continue not playing it. I don't like 50/50 either because maps wouldn't get denied. How to find a balance ? Is there a balance ?

Everyone has a different vision of Loved and therefore it is many things, but if you want to be multiple things at once, it won't work as long as people will try to enforce their own vision only.

In the end the map might not get loved anyway due to this huge drama AND the votings that has been started by, who? If it wouldn't get loved it would just remain in the state it currently is and nothing will be changed, not like a map having no leaderboard is that big of a problem, but I fully agree with you, it is not balanced and what do people have to do about it without proper solution?

It's so unfortunate these things have to happen sometimes and would sure like to see this map be loved, but sometimes that's how it be. still can't clarify the drama between coms over this map because it's completely unnecessary to have a conflict about which com is salty or shitposts, everyone involved is responsible.
in my perspective
lazer will fix everything, seeuin2039

Moderator edit: removed unwanted mention
Furryy
legit this could have been ranked
Cra Dow

_underjoy wrote:

pls loved so i can smash the leaderboards

👍👍👍👍👍

wonder5193 wrote:

JUST HAVE FUN GUYS

👍👍👍👍👍