forum

The long sliders kill me.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[kypo]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Starrodkirby86
Just keep following that ball through the whole trail of doom. If your bar was depleting to the point of death, then make sure you don't get to that life area when you reach that part of the song, which requires more practice. This is one reason that osu! makes for a hard (But fun!) rhythm game.

Follow the whole trail to a good enough degree and your life will come back. The depleting should be small when you're moving across with the slider unless you're starting to make bad comboes.
LuigiHann
The most important thing is that your cursor is on the ball as it passes over each slider "tick." For each tick you miss, you lose a bit of life, in addition to the drain.
Sinistro
And keep the button held throughout the slider!
RemmyX25
In osu!soviet Russia

You don't run with ball, Ball run with you.
minyeob
If your energy bar is low(before sliding), There is no way to avoid your problem.
nomedeusuarionaodisp
My main problem is on fast sliders. Or when their speed suddenly changes on a part of the song (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, RIDE ON SHOOTING STAR!). I simply can't keep up.
This problem is made worse because my computer freezes for some miliseconds when drawing the sliders, and this freezing time raises according to the size of them.
Starrodkirby86

nomedeusuarionaodisp wrote:

My main problem is on fast sliders. Or when their speed suddenly changes on a part of the song (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, RIDE ON SHOOTING STAR!). I simply can't keep up.
This problem is made worse because my computer freezes for some miliseconds when drawing the sliders, and this freezing time raises according to the size of them.
Yep yep...I had that problem first time I played the song. Eventually I got over it. There's something VERY similar to this in Larto's Faint on Insane. To not fail that part, I had to play that again and again on Test Play in Edit Mode. I suggest you can do the same thing on Shooting Star...if you want to at least.

And try to disable some of the super bells-and-jingles stuff for sliders and etc., it may help reduce lag. :3
lukewarmholiday
I should start making slider holds and double BPMs :3
Rolled

Turn off slider snaking in the options menu. Problem fixed, hopefully.
nomedeusuarionaodisp

Rolled wrote:

Turn off slider snaking in the options menu. Problem fixed, hopefully.
It's already off.
But I'm already used to it.
Twilight_old
Theme of Buttetskai (or however it's spelt) is the worst with sudden changes in the speed of sliders. But as for your problem, I recommend you have an overall better preformance before coming to the slider, that way you'll be on the high end of the health bar and most likely won't die.

Offtopic:

CtB sliders are hell.
kingcobra52

Twilight wrote:

Theme of Buttetskai (or however it's spelt) is the worst with sudden changes in the speed of sliders.
I beg to differ. :P
Twilight_old

kingcobra52 wrote:

Twilight wrote:

Theme of Buttetskai (or however it's spelt) is the worst with sudden changes in the speed of sliders.
I beg to differ. :P
I'm not even going to bother trying to do that song lol. I guess we have a new winner.