forum

GigaP & Reol - Drop Pop Candy

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
- M a o n -

daveyblagn wrote:

has the person who made the mania map for this song actually played mania before
I made the map and I have played mania before. If there's something wrong with the map then tell me.
Or if the map shouldn't be here in the first place.
Estonian Bear
I am so disappointed that this is in the graveyard. The insane difficulty beatmap is REALLY good! I've seen much shittier maps go into ranked and this hasnt. WTF requesting moderator re-review here!
daveyblagn

- M a o n - wrote:

daveyblagn wrote:

has the person who made the mania map for this song actually played mania before
I made the map and I have played mania before. If there's something wrong with the map then tell me.
Or if the map shouldn't be here in the first place.
it's hard to complain about this map without making it sound like I'm just bitching that it's too hard for me.
when I posted that i was kinda salty that the map was difficult.
timings are fine
finger movements are very strange in this map and there's no map like this that I've played. I'm not a mapper so I can't critique you properly, but one thing I'm not a fan of is two notes on the same line repeating very quickly into a jump to another note.
and I guess the only other problem I have with this map is it feels like it tries to cover too much of what's going on in the song at one time and it should focus on less.
CzifuMasa
Cool! I never played osumania maps, but rest of your set definitely deserves to be ranked. Love it <3
DropPopCandy
Decided I might as well try to mod this since I really want to see this ranked. Sorry if I'm awful at it as this is my first time actually modding.

Easy
  1. Just a small pet peeve but maybe increase the distance between notes that are only a beat apart, for example at 00:12:991 (1,2) though this isn't a necessary change.
  2. Another small pet peeve, the repeating slider at 00:38:838 (1) feels like a waste of beats that could be used to spice up the map a bit more. Again, not a necessary change.
  3. The note at 01:21:530 (1) feels awkward compared to how the rest of the song leading up to this was mapped. Maybe try mapping it as two separate sliders instead.
  4. The section of notes at 01:48:991 (1,2,3,1,2,3) make the map a bit bland at that time. Repeating the same set of notes is fine for the two combos, but try dividing it into multiple sliders instead.
  5. 03:23:376 (1,1) - 03:27:068 (1,1) - You need to give the player more time to be able to readjust after the spinner. Keep in mind that the Easy difficulty is for beginners or players that are still getting a hang of the game and commonly preform spinners by making very large circles with their mouse; making it difficult to readjust to the middle to continue the map if there's a note too soon after a spinner. This can be easily solved by just shortening the length of the spinner by a few quarter-beats.
Aside from the last suggestion, everything here is based purely off of opinion. Overall, the difficulty is very well done.
Normal
  1. 00:45:530 (8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This section of notes feels a bit repetitive and is a tad too circle-based. Try replacing the later part of this pattern with a few sliders that also land on the beats. This also goes for when you do this again at 01:59:376 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4)
  2. 01:33:299 (8,9) - This feels a bit awkward. Try getting rid of the repeat in the slider and distance the ninth note a bit later in the timeline so that it lands on the last note Giga sings. Something like this.
Hard
  1. The only problem I could find with this difficulty is the sudden slider speed increase, starting at 02:54:068 (2) . I understand that it's Kiai time and it's the last chorus in the song which gives more emotion behind it, but you haven't used this slider speed at all during any other time in the map so it's guaranteed to throw players off. While I hate to say this, I suggest remapping everything up until 03:22:915 (7) to fit a slower slider speed.
Insane
  1. The notes before the slider at 00:53:376 (1,2) are unnecessary. They're also in a silent part of the song so I suggest getting rid of them.
  2. The hitsound at the end of the slider at 01:38:838 (4) makes the transition to the circle sound a bit awkward. This is just a personal thing, but you may want to decrease the hitsound volume for the end of the slider to help with this.
  3. 01:57:991 (9) - Completely unnecessary note.
Overall, it's a great map and I can't wait to see it ranked! I hope my mod was of help to you!
Syl
I feel the normal hitsounds are a bit much. Try soft?
Topic Starter
- M a o n -

dististik wrote:

Decided I might as well try to mod this since I really want to see this ranked. Sorry if I'm awful at it as this is my first time actually modding.

SPOILER
Easy
  1. Just a small pet peeve but maybe increase the distance between notes that are only a beat apart, for example at 00:12:991 (1,2) though this isn't a necessary change.
  2. Another small pet peeve, the repeating slider at 00:38:838 (1) feels like a waste of beats that could be used to spice up the map a bit more. Again, not a necessary change.
  3. The note at 01:21:530 (1) feels awkward compared to how the rest of the song leading up to this was mapped. Maybe try mapping it as two separate sliders instead.
  4. The section of notes at 01:48:991 (1,2,3,1,2,3) make the map a bit bland at that time. Repeating the same set of notes is fine for the two combos, but try dividing it into multiple sliders instead.
  5. 03:23:376 (1,1) - 03:27:068 (1,1) - You need to give the player more time to be able to readjust after the spinner. Keep in mind that the Easy difficulty is for beginners or players that are still getting a hang of the game and commonly preform spinners by making very large circles with their mouse; making it difficult to readjust to the middle to continue the map if there's a note too soon after a spinner. This can be easily solved by just shortening the length of the spinner by a few quarter-beats.
Aside from the last suggestion, everything here is based purely off of opinion. Overall, the difficulty is very well done.
Normal
  1. 00:45:530 (8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This section of notes feels a bit repetitive and is a tad too circle-based. Try replacing the later part of this pattern with a few sliders that also land on the beats. This also goes for when you do this again at 01:59:376 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4)
  2. 01:33:299 (8,9) - This feels a bit awkward. Try getting rid of the repeat in the slider and distance the ninth note a bit later in the timeline so that it lands on the last note Giga sings. Something like this.
Hard
  1. The only problem I could find with this difficulty is the sudden slider speed increase, starting at 02:54:068 (2) . I understand that it's Kiai time and it's the last chorus in the song which gives more emotion behind it, but you haven't used this slider speed at all during any other time in the map so it's guaranteed to throw players off. While I hate to say this, I suggest remapping everything up until 03:22:915 (7) to fit a slower slider speed.
Insane
  1. The notes before the slider at 00:53:376 (1,2) are unnecessary. They're also in a silent part of the song so I suggest getting rid of them.
  2. The hitsound at the end of the slider at 01:38:838 (4) makes the transition to the circle sound a bit awkward. This is just a personal thing, but you may want to decrease the hitsound volume for the end of the slider to help with this.
  3. 01:57:991 (9) - Completely unnecessary note.
Overall, it's a great map and I can't wait to see it ranked! I hope my mod was of help to you!

Thank you for the mod! Sorry it took so long to get around to it. I haven't been playing much recently so I haven't been in the mood to edit this.

As for the changes you suggested, I have changed most of the parts you mentioned. However, I left the two parts on the insane diff that you said were unnecessary. I am aware that they don't land on anything in the song, but hitting those notes give a good feeling and make the map slightly more fun. (In my opinion) But if you think they really shouldn't be there, then i'll take them out later.
DropPopCandy
I think if you feel the notes should be there and I'm the only modder to complain about them that you're probably right about keeping them there. I'm glad I could help!
huu
When's this getting ranked? D:
DropPopCandy

Tumbailer wrote:

When's this getting ranked? D:
In order for a map to get ranked it needs at least four quality mods and twelve star priority, but I'm sure as soon as this gets both of those things it's going to be ranked in an instant
redswitches
Fun map and song :D This map felt a lot faster though when I played it months ago. Did it get easier/slower? or is it just me?

Anyways, I hope this gets ranked. It's a great map!
BlueBaby
pls rank pepsirino
Invocation
Wonderful map, Love the jumps tbh :lol:
Not much to say about gameplay, Would be really great to see you make some changes like a storyboard/video
I know there aren't a ton of players who still play with those still active but it helps to round a map off nicely :)
Lunatick96
My song favorite..! ; w ;
xTrilo
Very good map :) :) !
why is not ranked yet?
Athergen
Really great map, it's a shame it isn't ranked yet.
KingTrash
I'm having the greatest time with this map. Thanks for all your hard work! Wish it was ranked.
marcossaka
Esperaremos até que se torne RANKED
simplygrace
can someone PLEASE POST THE SKIN in this beatmap????? i've been searching for it like crazy and im really frustrated because i cant find it >:(
Tunail
Exelent!
Azorann
How isn't this ranked? I feel like with the plethora of absolutely terrible beatmaps that have been mapped, this wonderful map has been overlooked. It's great, and it's still a reasonable challenge (in a good way of course). The only thing i can criticise is maybe some of the angles of the sliders in the 4* map (which is really just nit-picking and personal preference) and the approach rate, but then again, having it so slow makes it a perfect dt map, and because the bpm is so slow aswell, it's just perfect, really represents the song.
How? How isn't it ranked?