forum

A Year In Mapping 2017

posted
Total Posts
show more
Uber
Uber is probably the least fitting member on this list.

dab
Yahuri
the comments are wonderful, i'd love to see them happen again next year!

p.s. im female lmao
Andrea
This is a really cool project, appreciate a lot the comments about each mapper :)

Keep it up guys!
Seijiro
Let the dead bodies resuscitate!

Or not...
Irreversible

thanks for your effort! good job
Midnaait

Yes.
tatatat
Am really curious what taiko maps above 3.75* has 10 HP.
LMT
That's a lot of work wow, gj to everyone associated with this project!!
Joe Castle

Uber wrote:

Uber is probably the least fitting member on this list.

dab

YOURE TAKING MY SPOT DUDE
Akareh
I guess I'm an old mapper by definition, but I hadn't really tried to push my own maps for rank until last year.

Still cool to see myself in one of these, never thought I'd make it :)

Cool initiative, thanks for your hard work!
Joe Castle
I'm glad to see my name on this, it means I kinda achieved something in this game that I can say I'm proud of.

Hopefully this year will be a bit different from my usual slow stuff

Gratz for everyone and good job!

PD: the comment pishifat made is absolute gold, i love it :oops:
Djulus
was suprising to see this
Affirmation
Who is Neoskylove??????????
Enon
I am glad to see an amazing comment for me.

Even though I am a solider who isn't active on this game for now, the comment makes me wanting to back to this game someday!
Yumeno Himiko
Catch has few mappers so everyone shares a long comment uwu
Anxient
Sadly he disappeared soon after.
whoops

honored to be in this list tho holy
defiance
This was really motivating to me in spite of everything that's happening in 2018 already. Thanks to all the participants, you all did a great job!
Akitoshi
i hope i can focus on other than Normal diff for this time!1!1 who's Akitoshi lo l

cheers to all 2017 mappers and huge thanks for this project :)
EmingK
[Mahua] is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

麻花牛逼111
-Sh1n1-
wow thank you very much for your words Lasse, OzzyOzrock and Benny- on std, taiko and ctb respectively, the comments make me wanting to map more this year, love you guys <3
Smug Nanachi
Noffy is a girl dood
Underforest

handsome wrote:

Underforest written by Fushimi Rio
  • Gratz on Underforest's first ranked Extra diff!
nice comment xd

however I thank you for your praises uwu gonna give my efforts for this 2018
Left
This stuff is god, best thing i've ever seen while short period of my mapping

It's free from competition, while giving every mappers good comments. I got motivation to strive for 2018 creative patterns :) thank you all
Shima Rin
In taiko section, clicking Nardo didn't go to Nardoxyribonucleic but just Nardo lol. Should this be fixed?
Left

Tofu1222 wrote:

In taiko section, clicking Nardo didn't go to Nardoxyribonucleic but just Nardo lol. Should this be fixed?

Same for 'Neoskylove' in std, he's now 'Affirmation'
And akitoshi
Djulus
komore is now schoolboy btw
_Yiiiii
Senpai noticed me XD
but in a wrong angle

I mean the comment for me isn't what I expected

anyway, thank you guys for organizing this
Timorisu
Ha I've got the cutest comment

<3
-Atri-
Hi i love triangular jumps
JBHyperion
AYIM2017 finally released in 2039 LUL
pw384
hi I'll map 20-min full-spreaded mapsets in the future, see you soon(TM)! (probably)
DeletedUser_1981781
Only 103 maps ranked in a year for a gamemode is so sad... ;_;
lcfc
thank u for the nice comment mr pishi
MBomb
Having the most played osu!catch map of the year is an honour for me, regardless of the reasons people played the map. 2017 was a strange year for me in terms of mapping, trying to push things entirely different from what I'd pushed in the past, delving into different languages (Having ranked English, Korean, Swedish, Japanese, and Instrumental), and trying to explore different ways of mapping with strange CS settings, pushing what I'd done in the past to new levels.

I'm also honoured to have been so close to having the most favourited mapset of osu!catch this year with Spring Day, as I feel that, due to a lot of people favouriting probably as kpop fans who saw a BTS song, I may have introduced some new players to osu!catch, a mode which I have throughly joined throughout the year.

Whilst this year, I haven't been very active in pushing stuff through, I am hopeful that both me and the osu!catch community as a whole can keep pushing out content that players enjoy, and carry on passing on our experience to newer mappers, so that this gamemode may still be going long after we're gone.

Even throughout multiple disagreements with the catch community, both playing and modding, it's still a community that I throughly enjoy being a part of, regardless of its ups and downs. This is probably sounding overly emotional for a post about a game where you catch fruits, but being a part of this community has seriously made my life so much better in ways I can't even begin to describe. So thank you, to all of you.
BoatKrab

handsome wrote:

BoatKrab written by handsome
  • You can always count on BoatKrab to deliver enjoyable maps of your favourite western song!

ROARRRRR
Thanks for the comment xD
HootOwlStar
the staff's dedication and contribution into this is very fascinating, and the content is very decent. great job on the project overall, and thanks for everything as well!
DeletedUser_6181859

handsome wrote:

100bit written by handsome
  • A boy who really, and I mean really, loves his low difficulties!
It's time to map something harder. Thanks tho!
Chalwa

Venax wrote:

who is alphabet i only know venax loL!
who is chalwa i only know venex loL!

handsome wrote:

Chalwa written by -kevincela-
  • New Polish mapper who got his first ranked map in 2017. Albeit being one of the newer mappers, his maps already show some polish (pun intended) and follow their songs pretty well, which is impressive for someone who didn't start mapping long ago.
nice to hear that :D
Pandize
Bandi isn't my name anymore. So the link doesn't work. I will be sticking with this name for a VERY long time.

I'm thankful for being on this list! 2018 is definitely a unique year for me, would love to have my highlights here for next year ;)

Here's to osu! 2018!
J1NX1337
Thanks for all your hard work guys!
show more