posted
Total Posts
show more
DeletedUser_1981781
Only 103 maps ranked in a year for a gamemode is so sad... ;_;
lcfc
thank u for the nice comment mr pishi
MBomb
Having the most played osu!catch map of the year is an honour for me, regardless of the reasons people played the map. 2017 was a strange year for me in terms of mapping, trying to push things entirely different from what I'd pushed in the past, delving into different languages (Having ranked English, Korean, Swedish, Japanese, and Instrumental), and trying to explore different ways of mapping with strange CS settings, pushing what I'd done in the past to new levels.

I'm also honoured to have been so close to having the most favourited mapset of osu!catch this year with Spring Day, as I feel that, due to a lot of people favouriting probably as kpop fans who saw a BTS song, I may have introduced some new players to osu!catch, a mode which I have throughly joined throughout the year.

Whilst this year, I haven't been very active in pushing stuff through, I am hopeful that both me and the osu!catch community as a whole can keep pushing out content that players enjoy, and carry on passing on our experience to newer mappers, so that this gamemode may still be going long after we're gone.

Even throughout multiple disagreements with the catch community, both playing and modding, it's still a community that I throughly enjoy being a part of, regardless of its ups and downs. This is probably sounding overly emotional for a post about a game where you catch fruits, but being a part of this community has seriously made my life so much better in ways I can't even begin to describe. So thank you, to all of you.
BoatKrab

handsome wrote:

BoatKrab written by handsome
  • You can always count on BoatKrab to deliver enjoyable maps of your favourite western song!

ROARRRRR
Thanks for the comment xD
HootOwlStar
the staff's dedication and contribution into this is very fascinating, and the content is very decent. great job on the project overall, and thanks for everything as well!
DeletedUser_6181859

handsome wrote:

100bit written by handsome
  • A boy who really, and I mean really, loves his low difficulties!
It's time to map something harder. Thanks tho!
Chalwa

Venax wrote:

who is alphabet i only know venax loL!
who is chalwa i only know venex loL!

handsome wrote:

Chalwa written by -kevincela-
  • New Polish mapper who got his first ranked map in 2017. Albeit being one of the newer mappers, his maps already show some polish (pun intended) and follow their songs pretty well, which is impressive for someone who didn't start mapping long ago.
nice to hear that :D
Pandize
Bandi isn't my name anymore. So the link doesn't work. I will be sticking with this name for a VERY long time.

I'm thankful for being on this list! 2018 is definitely a unique year for me, would love to have my highlights here for next year ;)

Here's to osu! 2018!
J1NX1337
Thanks for all your hard work guys!
Mikii
its great to see recognition for so many mappers, even for the obscure ones like me :D

Here's to another great year!
Gordon123
:thinking:
Haruto
you guys really put a lot of dedication on this, i love how you guys put comments for each mappers who ranked a map in 2017. really impressive

here's to another great year!
Lanturn
Awesome stuff. Thanks for the kind words pishifat <3

osu! needs more Shimotsuki Haruka.
Venix

it sounds really awesome, especially pi thingy :eyes:
VINXIS
guys go nominate in mca
Evening
Thanks Maxus, I'm flattered by your comments :D
DoNotMess
lmao made my day for that comment from tofu <3
sheriruth was inspired when i was sitting on the toilet tho... LMAO
Jinjin

Venix wrote:

it sounds really awesome, especially pi thingy :eyes:
yeah, the pi thingy is very awesome indeed :eyes:

Also thanks Kami for the comments :)
Wadu
Thank you for the kind words, Protastic :)
Feels so good to hear kind words.
Jesuren

<3
Halogen-
Thanks for the comments, guys. <3
FelipeLink
Thanks for the consideration guys, o/
Draftnell
Idk why im so proud to see your comments maxus :)
Syadow-
thanks for the comments guys >w<
love u all \(>//////////<)/
FAMoss

Syadow- wrote:

thanks for the comments guys >w<
love u all \(>//////////<)/
Luv u too
RyoKazuka
o wow thanks for the comment

i really didnt expect this
Arzenvald
iirc muu-chan is she >:(
Oscyy
Love you maxus 'w'
please love me more
Adot
I hope someone make a "2016 Year Mapping" too.
AlisceaSparku
if lyo didn't tell me about this i'll never be able to see this LOL

7/16 of the diffs were GDs however, special thanks to those gd-ers

also thanks for the comment, prot. just what i needed
Drum-Hitnormal
Good job everyone for contributing to this community, it wouldn't be fun without your efforts.

Also great motivational post, hope you keep doing it every year.
erlinadewi-
thanks for the comment Maxus ;)