forum

While playing ranking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Atmey
It starts from 40, not many people can actually make it to 40, so I suggest making top 100 or maybe top 500. In intervals so it would seem more reasonable, 50 ranks mark or 10 ranks.
... (the current)
Saturos
I believe it only displays the top 40 because of server storage/load issues.
Topic Starter
Atmey
I think it should add much extra load if only 15 milestones are retrieved. But I'm no expert.
peppy
Trust me, it will.
Gens
So, I was just to make a related topic of these. But, I had the Idea...

Replacing the "??" with the current rank? on BREAKS?
wouldn't that be more...?
peppy
This will require some serious database redesign to say the least. There's not much point discussing this as it is already in my mind as a goal, but whether it is achievable is another question.

An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
We are talking about the in-game in-play scoreboard.
Starrodkirby86

peppy wrote:

We are talking about the in-game in-play scoreboard.
For people having the scoreboard visibility enabled though it would be quite the distraction to have a billion flashes surpassing other usernames. Although it would be interesting to see, and I do love seeing usernames at those levels.

I love the Top 40 personally, a Top 50 maybe, but I don't want to see extreme numbers like 500.
peppy
Thats why the first post is a good suggestion - only include milestones like 100, 200, 300, 400 etc., whether the username is displayed or not.
Kotori_old
40 is fine for me, because alot of people can beat 500 and the changing ranking can cause lagging issues which people dont want if they are playing.
Ekaru

Kotori wrote:

40 is fine for me, because alot of people can beat 500 and the changing ranking can cause lagging issues which people dont want if they are playing.
Uh, what? The in-game scoreboard doesn't change while playing... it CAN'T. That's because it downloads it beforehand, and can only change if you go back to the song select screen, either by exiting through the pause menu, or finishing the song. And if you retry from either the pause menu or the ranking screen, it has the same scoreboard. It doesn't even update with the score you just got if you retry from the ranking screen.
peppy
Ekaru you totally missed the point. Read the last post again.
Topic Starter
Atmey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy