forum

Daisuke Achiwa - BASARA

posted
Total Posts
show more
Derekku
Just downloaded from web and I got a bunch of unused files in the folder including an old .osu [Cocona] with its respective background kokona.jpg. Also being unused is AlbumArtSmall.jpg and Folder.jpg.

After deleting the folder and redownloaded using osu!direct, the extra .osu and its background are gone, but the other two images are still there.

I just noticed that there's also an unused soft-sliderslide2.wav in the folder along with a silent soft-slidertick.wav. Sure, there's only two sliders in [BASARA] with the silenced ticks, but there should really be some feedback from the ticks rather than random silence (same with the couple sliders on [Luca]). And don't even get me started on the unacceptable hold slider.
Natteke
And here we go. IT'S TIME FOR BITCHING!
ouranhshc
good lord derek, can you give it a rest!
Selee
lol finally...
Beuchi

ouranhshc wrote:

good lord derek, can you give it a rest!
Geez, can't you just leave him ask for an explanation on why did it got approved with those "errors"? You do it too a lot of times <.<

Anyways, I'd like to have an explanation too. Unfortunately, "can pass for this time" isn't a good reason for me to let something totally unrankable getting ranked.
SamiPale
wtf, finally :)

edit

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Anyways, I'd like to have an explanation too. Unfortunately, "can pass for this time" isn't a good reason for me to let something totally unrankable getting ranked.
When osu! started most guys thought this map is too hard : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/1 , but now IMO no guys think so.
Anyways, it's an approved map and it's awesome enough to be accepted, isn't it?
xsrsbsns
Oh finally, grats!
Oh, more drama!
Ibuki Suika
finally
:D
KanbeKotori
good song and good map :D
NatsumeRin

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

Ok, after thinking and chatting with some users, i came with this conclusions:

- The files I pointed out are about 20kb, and i was told that a resubmit for this little much is silly.
^explanation for extra files. osu won't be crashed if we add 20kb files, considering the mapper is unavailable at the moment plz.

and before talking about rankable, 1st that's still "GUIDELINES" before peppy change it; 2nd this is a app map and could be given more available things. then 3rd, do you really need things to prevent things really become awesome? damn.

just say, for that "unrankable slider", do you can find sth with same effect? if you could, tell plz.
ignorethis
The reason why they let they pass is that the mapper's not available atm. If we still wait for him to get online, remove those two files, and then full submit, waiting for it to get bubbled #1, #2 and approved, how long will that take? Is it really worth the effort? Obviously no, these files are quite small and don't take up much space, neither do they affect the map by any measure.

Considering the sliders... yeah they do break the rules, but please tell me do they make the map less unplayable? It just plays as usual and nothing bad happens, and there are only a couple of them. Then why are we arguing over the slider issues for so long? Because it break the rules, then it's unrankable... Why can't we rank a map that plays well but violates the man-made rules? Does it mean that the rule is highly above anything, even the quality of a map? Let alone that some of those rules shouldn't be made in the first place.

If anyone's afraid this will be a beginning to violate the rules as mapper's wish, they don't need to worry. I believe the BATs know in which cases the map can be passed, and in which cases they can't.

Damn i'll have class soon, so I'll stop here. Correct me if I'm wrong.
kiririn_
Finally.. T^T
Aria

kiririn_ wrote:

Finally.. T^T
QAQ
eveless
o.o just want to say " finally"
rustbell
O_O
finally
Beuchi

ignorethis wrote:

The reason why they let they pass is that the mapper's not available atm.
This isn't a good reason... :/

ignorethis wrote:

Considering the sliders... yeah they do break the rules, but please tell me do they make the map less unplayable? It just plays as usual and nothing bad happens, and there are only a couple of them. Then why are we arguing over the slider issues for so long? Because it break the rules, then it's unrankable... Why can't we rank a map that plays well but violates the man-made rules? Does it mean that the rule is highly above anything, even the quality of a map? Let alone that some of those rules shouldn't be made in the first place.
Do I have to remind you that hold sliders were stated as totally unrankable by peppy? I don't really think there is any exception to this, unfortunately.
eveless

Beuchi-chan wrote:

ignorethis wrote:

The reason why they let they pass is that the mapper's not available atm.
This isn't a good reason... :/

ignorethis wrote:

Do I have to remind you that hold sliders were stated as totally unrankable by peppy? I don't really think there is any exception to this, unfortunately.

just hope you can stop
NatsumeRin
a good idea is to let peppy see this map and leave it for him to decide

if you really need to do so to keep the "rules"

map is for people to play, not rules.
rules means people can have a common sense about what they're playing and have fun with the maps. but once "more fun" could be found in a map then exceptions can be made, obviously.
ignorethis

Beuchi-chan wrote:

I would happily accept it if someone comes and fix that slider (if anyone has the right to do it), but unranking and fixing it may not be the best solution, and may result in another thread trolling, then thread locked, trashed, and this map is forgot. I just don't want to see this map become Evans II or Still Doll II, though the latters are locked for different reasons. You're welcome to raise your own solution, too, as long as it's good for us all.

And why isn't the absense of the mapper a good reason? If he isn't here, then the only fate of this map is to be graveyarded?

[edit] nvm, I heard that no one has the right to do that.
Selee
Is it more fun to play like this compared to if i had to stick to the guidelines?
Ja, more fun than lots of maps
Pokie
ah D:
I'm late

congrats 8-)
Alace
Best of 2010 for sure
it`s pure art
Hakeru

Alace wrote:

Best of 2010 for sure
it`s pure art
Natteke

Alace wrote:

Best of 2010 for sure
it`s pure art
THIS.

Also about that hold slider. Jeez it's only 1 single slider. Did 100pa- put a dozen of timing sections to change slider speeds throughout the map?
This slider perfectly fits the song and map and it plays awesome as well. So what's the problem?
xierbaliti
D: 1x100
Shiro

NatsumeRin wrote:

and before talking about rankable, 1st that's still "GUIDELINES" before peppy change it; 2nd this is a app map and could be given more available things. then 3rd, do you really need things to prevent things really become awesome? damn.
Oh come on, don't you think these excuses are really stupid ? GUIDELINES, GUIDELINES, you people only know that word. But when one's map has an issue and the only thing you can think of to justify it is "they are only guidelines" then YES there's something seriously wrong. Stop thinking you're allowed to do anything just because no real rule was written.

Besides, the only thing approval maps are allowed to have that ranked maps don't is the SCORE. Approval maps ARE ranked maps at any point of view, they just don't add anything to the total score. Stop thinking approval maps are allowed to have extra features.
FURTHER EDIT: since people are too stupid to use what they call a brain when they read a sentence, I'll re-word it so that they can understand it without the risk of thinking: Approval maps differ from ranked maps only by allowed length, difficulty, or score. Mappers shouldn't allow themselves to do what they wouldn't do in ranked maps.

Oh, so you only care about fun maps ? What about map quality ? If a map breaks a rule - or as you put it, a GUIDELINE - it should NOT be considered good.
EDIT: for people are obviously not capable of reading all the thread before replying, I meant "good for ranking or approval". Stop being picky on me.

I didn't download the map by the way, I'm just replying to the dumbest excuse ever invented.

EDIT: don't start a flamewar here please, if you want to reply just PM me (preferably ingame).
yeahyeahyeahhh

Sorry I have nothing useful to add, this maps awesome.
Natteke

Odaril wrote:

Oh, so you only care about fun maps ? What about map quality ? If a map breaks a rule - or as you put it, a GUIDELINE - it should NOT be considered good.
Wait you are serious? Let me laugh harder.
Colin Hou
This SHOULD NOT be considered good? :?
Shiro
Good for ranking or approval, geez.
SilentWings_old
this map is awesome... please dont unrank D:
Shiro
Alright, let's see that map.

Chroche
01:58:946 (3) - Hidden by the previous slider.
02:16:023 (1,2,1,2) - Why are (1) and (2) spaced the same way in both patterns when the time gap is not the same ?
02:19:715 (1,2,1,2) - ^
02:32:176 (3) - Hidden by the previous slider.
02:58:023 (3) - ^
03:12:215 (3) - Hidden by previous notes and hitbursts.

Luca
00:39:561 (7) - Completely hidden by previous notes and hitbursts.
00:40:484 (3,4,5) - Why are they spaced evenly when the time gap is not the same ?
00:41:407 (7,8,9) - ^
01:49:715 (1) - Completely hidden by previous notes and hitbursts.
03:00:330 (1) - Completely hidden by previous notes and hitbursts.
03:16:946 (1) - Using red lines to change slider speed is unrankable.

BASARA
02:27:100 (1) - Completely hidden by previous notes and hitbursts.

Oh, there was much more to mention, but I just wanted to mention all this.
And it got approved ? Come on.
Natteke
You're kind of late
deadbeat
first of all..if they really are guidelines...then there can be expections
second. is the mapper is afk as people say. how do intend to fix these problems?
SilentWings_old
Why is using redlines for a different slider speed unrankable? Ive seen it in maps made by tsuka.
Also, as an experienced player, I have no trouble reading the maps at all. What is so wrong about this map anyway?
Galkan

Odaril wrote:

Besides, the only thing approval maps are allowed to have that ranked maps don't is the SCORE. Approval maps ARE ranked maps at any point of view, they just don't add anything to the total score. Stop thinking approval maps are allowed to have extra features.
this is by far the stupidest thing i've heard in AGES
lkp
ha-,-
Sushi
My status is quite so-so about this map. it's fun to play but yeah, there are some unrankable stuff.

SilentWings wrote:

Ive seen it in maps made by tsuka.
For your argument, this is what we try to avoid. "it happened in other maps". This is not a valuable argument. live in the present , not in the past.

There are some real rules (yes we have to make them clear) and the red-line-slider-speed-changing is one of them.

even if this is art, and approval, this is still a Rule.

Odaril wrote:

For your information, approval is not only because of the score. it can be for difficulty, etc. That's why some things are not just long, but also extra-difficult.

Also

Oh common, stop thinking that breaking some guidelines means map is shit. Breaking some guidelines DOESN'T MEAN the quality is out. The guidelines are there to give a good idea of mapping. And the quality of a map is directly linked to the provided fun. Stop being so narrow minded, Odaril.

BTW this quote from peppy has been just taken from something about CTB, just sayin.
ouranhshc

Sushi wrote:

Oh common, stop thinking that breaking some guidelines means map is shit. Breaking some guidelines DOESN'T MEAN the quality is out. The guidelines are there to give a good idea of mapping. And the quality of a map is directly linked to the provided fun. Stop being so narrow minded, Odaril.

>_> thats what i was going to say....

anyway.. All because a map may be different from "normal" maps doesn't make it a bad map. I liked the map because it was different from what maps i've seen.
Alace

can you guys stop
we are human, when you check a mapset, use your head and heart
show more