forum

Unbewusst - Completely Minimalistic Skin [STANDARD]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ayesha Altugle
FlyingNeko
It would be helpful to have the revisions/addons of the skin put at the main post. It will help people find it better.
Topic Starter
Vero_old_1

Stefan wrote:

That's not a Skin at all.
I saw the thread about completed skins, idc if this one counts as one. Some people like it, that's enough.

petiskacang wrote:

nice
but umm if you have a time can you consider making elements for other modes too?
Thanks, I'll look into it in 2 days.

vahn10 wrote:

Made the dots version you have made like an addon instead of downloading new skin.
The skin is only 900kb big. The difference in download time practically doesn't exist.

FlyingNeko wrote:

It would be helpful to have the revisions/addons of the skin put at the main post. It will help people find it better.
Yeah, I know that. But I kinda like the short/minimalistic style of the first post and didn't come up with a nice way to expand it while keeping that style.
nrl
The idea to use hitcircle numbering for the hitcircle itself is very creative, but one big pitfall I can see here is that because hit circle numbering fades more quickly than the hitcircle itself on hidden you're essentially shorting the player a few seconds of active time with each hitcircle.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you need the center dots. Sight-reading hidden is much harder without those dots.
Ayesha Altugle
use the addon download link I gave in the post then.
FlyingNeko

Vero wrote:

Yeah, I know that. But I kinda like the short/minimalistic style of the first post and didn't come up with a nice way to expand it while keeping that style.
What an irony. You made this skin for practicality but refuse to make the main post practical.
Kamikaze
This skin is nice to play for fun, nice job!
Topic Starter
Vero_old_1

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

The idea to use hitcircle numbering for the hitcircle itself is very creative, but one big pitfall I can see here is that because hit circle numbering fades more quickly than the hitcircle itself on hidden you're essentially shorting the player a few seconds of active time with each hitcircle.
A few seconds? They don't even appear a few seconds on any normal AR without Hidden. Also I tried it out with a regular skin and, as far as I could judge this, the elements faded at the same time.
I have a version where I use the normal hitcircle.png for the hitcircles, but this way you won't have these "open" sliders which I kinda like. Gonna add it anyways.

FlyingNeko wrote:

What an irony. You made this skin for practicality but refuse to make the main post practical.
No, I just didn't come up with a nice way to implement it yet.

-Kamikaze- wrote:

This skin is nice to play for fun, nice job!
That's an honour, thank you!
nrl

Vero wrote:

A few seconds? They don't even appear a few seconds on any normal AR without Hidden. Also I tried it out with a regular skin and, as far as I could judge this, the elements faded at the same time.
Maybe you're right.

Either way, I like it better with the invisible slider ends, so good job :) How'd you get the invisible progress bar?
Topic Starter
Vero_old_1
Gonna add some explanations tomorrow.
gn8
nikoxbyo
First I thought this skin sucks, but then I started playing a bit with it and I have to say, I feel very comfortable playing with this skin, and I don't even know why.

I like this skin.
vsprite
3 simple 5 me

so simple its awesome..
Mazo
I've always wanted this skin.
L O S T 30-3
Really like the skin especially the absence of the life bar and score, its a good idea all around :D Would you be so kind as to tell me, what is the solution to the almighty progress-bar-riddle? I cant figure out how to remove it.
Ayesha Altugle
use invisible (Transparent 1x1) score numbers (score-0, score-1, etc.) and in your skin.ini, set the score overlap value to like 99999.
also fixed icon
L O S T 30-3

vahn10 wrote:

use invisible (Transparent 1x1) score numbers (score-0, score-1, etc.) and in your skin.ini, set the score overlap value to like 99999.
also fixed icon
Thank you! :D I saw that the score overlap was super high but didn't put 2 & 2 together.
rep_old_1
The life bar and score can now be removed using the in-game feature of hotkey Shift+Tab, so manually removing the life bar and score from the skin itself is now redundant, isn't it?
drake2k8
probably make one with numbers on hit circles? but im sure it will show the scores and stuff if you do it.. too bad but the skin is great as hell xD been using it for some quite time now.
Poii
Minimalis is my Lifestyle
NinjaWarotMC
I suggest also adding a simple version. But still pro-like.
  • Simple pro should have:
  1. HP Bar.
  2. Combocount.
  3. Numbers.(Add these as customs in others.)
Maybe add also some other customs. XD
Notes
I would still modify some, also, colored approach circles.
rdxr
You can use this or apparently Shift+Tab to disable game interface on any skin 8-)