rip 6* Insane
Topic Starter
Gaia
got rekt by cloud's edgy diffname :')

thx kisses ^^
Senko-san
Oh. So much for me modding this lol...
VINXIS
02:31:736 (1) - i keep missing this cuz it feels super unnatural to hit prolly because the other 1s are on the left side,,3 doing this feels pretyt cool to play so id do that but yea

Nicr Tho
_handholding
if you decide to apply that change just hit me up and I'll rebub after work
Topic Starter
Gaia
k i can do that after i finish classes today
Winnie
Shouldn't Metadata title of the song be called shØut https://puu.sh/y81Xr/5254210979.png
https://puu.sh/y81Za/e0169e2b7a.png
Maybe not a concern but I feel it should be named like this for the non-romanized part Proceed on
Topic Starter
Gaia
Winnie
yeah I see it wonder how it got to other places.
Jemzuu
hello just some few problems i found for top diff pls only giv kudosu if helpful

1. 00:05:557 (4,5) - imo having whistles on the sliderends for this part sounds like a gall to me cus 00:05:840 (5) - you have a whistle here and another whistle here 00:06:123 (1) - and it's kinda unceasing or it just doesnt suit for the sound, why not put it on the sliderheads instead. i know u did it on 00:08:104 (1,2) - but here u used constant sliders so that's fine and the drum isnt that loud as the first one
  2. 01:07:113 (1,2) - would look better if you'd avoid stacking these to keep the aesthetic flow u made here u know like what u did on 02:19:708 (2,2,2) - c:
  3. 01:44:896 (3,4) - this two notes here, the rhythm would be definetly better if you'd ctrl g cus the vocal starts on the white tick. i know i could hear different sounds on the bg but it'd be better if you'll follow the vocals that you've been following instead so 01:45:321 (4,1) - this would have a better transition to each other also to be consistent with the other ones like 01:46:453 (7,1,4,1) -
  4. 01:53:104 (3,1) - i feel like the spacing between these is quite underspaced compared to 01:50:981 (6,1) - since 01:53:387 - this gives a strong vocal sound cus downbeat why not lower this more and give 01:53:104 (3) - atleast a 3.0x ds to the next slider to have the same the same as ^^^
  5. 03:32:161 (3,5) - ok personal preference but i'd prefer these circles here to have ncs cus the sound is reasonable to emphasize the l0ud drums also u did it on 03:41:500 (1,2,1,2) - why not here as well and the follow points just look kinda messy to me xd 03:49:991 - while on this part the circles are arranged propely cus it uses only a vertical movement so i guess that's fine but up to u tho
  6. 03:55:722 (1) - idk i just dont think this spinner kinda fit and just feels too forced imo, why not remove it instead dont u think?
that's all~ looking forward to see this ranked soon!!
_handholding
Yh now that I think about it the spinner is a tight
Topic Starter
Gaia
AJamez

AJamez wrote:

hello just some few problems i found for top diff pls only giv kudosu if helpful

1. 00:05:557 (4,5) - imo having whistles on the sliderends for this part sounds like a gall to me cus 00:05:840 (5) - you have a whistle here and another whistle here 00:06:123 (1) - and it's kinda unceasing or it just doesnt suit for the sound, why not put it on the sliderheads instead. i know u did it on 00:08:104 (1,2) - but here u used constant sliders so that's fine and the drum isnt that loud as the first one
  2. 01:07:113 (1,2) - would look better if you'd avoid stacking these to keep the aesthetic flow u made here u know like what u did on 02:19:708 (2,2,2) - c: i kinda just placed them based on feeling since i like both semi-stack and fully stacked stuff lol oops
  3. 01:44:896 (3,4) - this two notes here, the rhythm would be definetly better if you'd ctrl g cus the vocal starts on the white tick. i know i could hear different sounds on the bg but it'd be better if you'll follow the vocals that you've been following instead so 01:45:321 (4,1) - this would have a better transition to each other also to be consistent with the other ones like 01:46:453 (7,1,4,1) - i've been following the instrumentals this entire time thoo
  4. 01:53:104 (3,1) - i feel like the spacing between these is quite underspaced compared to 01:50:981 (6,1) - since 01:53:387 - this gives a strong vocal sound cus downbeat why not lower this more and give 01:53:104 (3) - atleast a 3.0x ds to the next slider to have the same the same as ^^^ for the c0l0ur :S
  5. 03:32:161 (3,5) - ok personal preference but i'd prefer these circles here to have ncs cus the sound is reasonable to emphasize the l0ud drums also u did it on 03:41:500 (1,2,1,2) - why not here as well and the follow points just look kinda messy to me xd 03:49:991 - while on this part the circles are arranged propely cus it uses only a vertical movement so i guess that's fine but up to u tho
  6. 03:55:722 (1) - idk i just dont think this spinner kinda fit and just feels too forced imo, why not remove it instead dont u think? definitely not unrankable since auto hits 2000 on this, and tbh i stole this from skystar's bull's eye lmao. ive also seen Karen and cRyo do it (who did i actually copy from?
    hmmm)
that's all~ looking forward to see this ranked soon!!

thanks for modding!! no reply are fixed
also confirmed with oko about the buzz ish slider before the 2nd chorus and should be guuud now
Plus4j
神圖起飛?
Topic Starter
Gaia
三秒後墬機。
Plus4j
兩秒後在度起飛
-Atri-
希望不要遇上氣流
_handholding
Confirmed with Doormat and Okorin that the (controversial..?) slider was ok in their eyes.

Added altair in tags as well to make it easier to search. Did other minute quality checks too ~
Topic Starter
Gaia
kisses在找香港朋友呦 (*^∀゜)
Doormat
yo

[Easy]
  1. 00:17:161 (4) - personally feel that dividing this into something like 00:12:632 (5,6) - would be better for emphasis
Normal is fine

[Hard]
  1. 02:25:368 (2,3,4) - consider Ctrl+G the rhythm here; i feel it fits the instrumental focus a bit more nicely
  2. 02:36:264 (1) - would rather see this divided into two circles rather than a slider; 02:36:258 - and 02:36:406 - are two completely different sounds so it doesn't make much sense to combine the two like this. alternatively you could Ctrl+G 02:36:123 (3,1) -
Milan's diff is also fine

[Collab Extra]
  1. 00:15:746 (4,1,2) - Ctrl+G rhythm here so that the 1/2 slider lands on the downbeat for that really heavy kick; rhythm inconsistency with 00:23:812 (4,1) -
  2. 01:30:463 (4,1,2) - ^here too; you can't choose to just ignore the heavy kick on the downbeat like once or twice when the majority of the map is dependent on including it wew
  3. 01:50:698 (1) - why the NC here? feels really unnecessary
  4. 03:50:557 (1,2,3,4) - personally i don't feel these should be 1/8 sliders; the sound emphasis and rhythm patterning here are fundamentally different from how they are used in the choruses, so it feels out of place here. probably better to just make these jumps like 03:49:991 (1,2,3,4) -
[Altair]
  1. 01:12:066 (1,2,3,4) - i feel spacing should be lowered a bit here; doesn't have as much impact as the other two choruses due to the lack of snares, so the spacing should be slightly lowered as well to reflect that
  2. 01:44:896 (3,4) - shouldn't this be Ctrl+G'd lol
  3. 02:44:896 (3,4) - spacing here is unusually high compared to everything around it
  4. 03:46:453 (1,2) - could probably nerf this jump a little bit too, actually
  5. 03:49:000 (2,3) - the spacing here could probably be made a little bit bigger to help with momentum buildup
ok do what you need to do
Topic Starter
Gaia
Aoba

Doormat wrote:

yo

[Easy]
  1. 00:17:161 (4) - personally feel that dividing this into something like 00:12:632 (5,6) - would be better for emphasis
Normal is fine

[Hard]
  1. 02:25:368 (2,3,4) - consider Ctrl+G the rhythm here; i feel it fits the instrumental focus a bit more nicely
  2. 02:36:264 (1) - would rather see this divided into two circles rather than a slider; 02:36:258 - and 02:36:406 - are two completely different sounds so it doesn't make much sense to combine the two like this. alternatively you could Ctrl+G 02:36:123 (3,1) - tell me if u think this is too edgy
Milan's diff is also fine

[Collab Extra]
  1. 01:50:698 (1) - why the NC here? feels really unnecessary
  2. 03:50:557 (1,2,3,4) - personally i don't feel these should be 1/8 sliders; the sound emphasis and rhythm patterning here are fundamentally different from how they are used in the choruses, so it feels out of place here. probably better to just make these jumps like 03:49:991 (1,2,3,4) -
[Altair]
  1. 01:12:066 (1,2,3,4) - i feel spacing should be lowered a bit here; doesn't have as much impact as the other two choruses due to the lack of snares, so the spacing should be slightly lowered as well to reflect that
  2. 01:44:896 (3,4) - shouldn't this be Ctrl+G'd lol thats what i thought at first too but theres a tiny click sound in the bg lol x)
  3. 02:44:896 (3,4) - spacing here is unusually high compared to everything around it
  4. 03:46:453 (1,2) - could probably nerf this jump a little bit too, actually
  5. 03:49:000 (2,3) - the spacing here could probably be made a little bit bigger to help with momentum buildup
ok do what you need to do

domo arigathanks others fixed

Erisan

Doormat wrote:

[Collab Extra]
  1. 00:15:746 (4,1,2) - Ctrl+G rhythm here so that the 1/2 slider lands on the downbeat for that really heavy kick; rhythm inconsistency with 00:23:812 (4,1) -
    :arrow: ok, fixed
http://puu.sh/yrujR/102739b098.rar

Doormat
Topic Starter
Gaia
_handholding
Depths
grats
schoolboy
god map
Niva
Hmm, shouldn't this be Anime (English) instead of Anime (Japanese)? The English lyrics are way more dominant than the Japanese lyrics throughout the song : http://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/ ... nzk/shout/

That might be irrelevant though, your maps are great as always Gaia~
NEVlR
"01:04:708 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I beg you, change these sliders, they're uncomfortable af and unplayable while poorly emphasizing the force of the lyrics. Triples feel alot better for emphasizing speed on this part, and these sliders don't necessarily are a "mapping style" when they're abused that much, the change in pp isn't even that much if you only cared about that" is what i wish i could say, but i guess i'm too late. Besides as long as it's rankable who cares about a map being decent to play right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
Gaia
->Niva
Yess I agree but unfortunately I'm not the one who set the genre ;_;
Also thanks!! ^-^

-> NEVIR
These kicksliders play essentially as circles, but I've chosen to use kicksliders over circles for the strong vocal emphasis. Triples are not a great idea because it's not present in the music (although some people like to do it regardless for more emphasis, I tend to not stray away from the song). Do play this by tapping the kicksliders as circles. If I can do it, I'm sure you can too. Good luck.

As a side note, no I didn't do it for pp. If I wanted a pp map I'd use strictly circles, sliders only dilute the circle density in these sections and make the SR weigh less.

->Depths, Komore
Thanks! :3
NEVlR
I mean, i can understand wanting them to be clickable like that, it's a core part of mapping and of the game after all, but you neglected another core point: the cursor movement. Most of the time the slider indicates the player where to aim for the next circle, except for 1 pattern this is not the case here, and i don't see how uncomfortable movement can emphasize a strong part of the song. Strong vocals doesn't mean you have to map uncomfortable cursor movement, there are alot of other ways to build a nice movement and give effort to the player to emphasize the strong shouts and i'm sure that you could find of another prettier movement for it.
I have no doubt that you could fc all these patterns without problem but you or me are irrelevant here.
Also you said that triples are not a good idea whereas you used them in your Collab Extra diff (the lower diff)..

Don't get me wrong, i really love the mapset, i already had it a long time before getting qualified via modreqs, i am just sad that these patterns get to dirty the rest while knowing that you can do much better :(
Topic Starter
Gaia
You really misinterpreted my intentions for these patterns- this is the most prominent part of the song (imo anyways, I used kiai for the first time in 3 years!) and it's a 6.5 star extra. Flow break emphasis works for the note that breaks the flow (in this case, the kickslider) which helps emphasize the strong vocals. I'd rather grave the set than to change these into boring circular circle jumps, it's not how I map. If you're looking for some easy jump patterns to play, you're in the wrong set.

For the other diff, you must understand it is a collaboration. I only used triples there to respect the other mapper's style, and for map cohesion. If you look at my own diff I can guarantee you there is not a single triple to be seen.

Even if you had mentioned this to me prior to qualification I definitely would still have responded the same way. All in all, if you still cannot see my intentions, then sorry, not sorry; I live by RLC's opinion.
Monstrata
Tbh if you are playing them as regular sliders, you're just playing them wrong :P.