posted
Total Posts
show more
Doormat
haitai

[Turtle]
  1. 01:23:922 (2,3) - spacing inconsistency
[Kyuukai]
  1. 00:46:588 (3,4) - 01:29:255 (3,4) - 01:32:588 (4,5) - etc. personally i wouldn't recommend stacking a circle underneath a slider end for a Normal; might be confusing to read for beginners/casual players.
[Akitoshi]
  1. not a Normal, i'm shocked! but yeah this is fine
[Realazy]
  1. 00:33:088 (4,5,6,7) - 00:34:422 (4,5,6,7) - 00:43:755 (4,5,6,7) - 00:45:088 (4,5,6,7) - etc. honestly i don't mind the stream after the slider end, but i do think it's kind of cramped with the current set up. also blending the stream and vocals like that makes the streams come across as unexpected. why not try simplifying the vocals and streams into something like this?
    SPOILER
    this way there's a more clearer distinction between vocals and the streams. the less blending also makes it sound less busy imo. alternatively you can make the double repeat slider into circles
  2. 01:31:144 (2) - honestly i don't think you need this note. sound here is barely noticeable and throwing a 1/3 rhythmlike this out of the blue when it's not that audible isn't the best idea
[Extra]
  1. 00:15:588 (2,4,1,2) - this is a minor thing, but why not try making the (1,2) parallel to the (2,4)? i feel it'd look visually nicer
  2. 00:28:588 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - 00:39:255 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - 01:11:255 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - etc. feels kind of really dense; music doesn't really divide like this. honestly a rhythm like this might be more suitable:
  3. 01:24:588 (1,2,3,4) - try making (3,4) parallel to (1,2)
  4. 01:28:588 (1,2,3,4) - combo inconsistency with 00:45:922 (1,2,1,2) - 02:00:588 (1,2,1,2) -
  5. 01:31:144 (2) - honestly i don't think you need this note. sound here is barely noticeable and throwing a 1/3 rhythmlike this out of the blue when it's not that audible isn't the best idea
  6. 01:51:588 (3) - shouldn't you also NC here too?
since metadata was reverted back to "ayase rie" i'm assuming that it should be okay to directly qualify this instead of requiring a rebubble, since metadata wasn't changed. fix what you need to and call me back
Topic Starter
Linada

Doormat wrote:

haitai haitai

[Turtle]
  1. 01:23:922 (2,3) - spacing inconsistency fixed
[Extra]
  1. 00:15:588 (2,4,1,2) - this is a minor thing, but why not try making the (1,2) parallel to the (2,4)? i feel it'd look visually nicer yup
  2. 00:28:588 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - 00:39:255 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - 01:11:255 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - etc. feels kind of really dense; music doesn't really divide like this. honestly a rhythm like this might be more suitable: yeah it was kinda too much, fixed
  3. 01:24:588 (1,2,3,4) - try making (3,4) parallel to (1,2) sure
  4. 01:28:588 (1,2,3,4) - combo inconsistency with 00:45:922 (1,2,1,2) - 02:00:588 (1,2,1,2) - yup
  5. 01:31:144 (2) - honestly i don't think you need this note. sound here is barely noticeable and throwing a 1/3 rhythmlike this out of the blue when it's not that audible isn't the best idea imo it feels really weird without the 1/3 here, and it's kinda noticeable with it's unique spacing, also between 2 long sliders it wont throw off players
  6. 01:51:588 (3) - shouldn't you also NC here too? since the snares are on every tick there and not only 1/2s i think it's better to not nc it
since metadata was reverted back to "ayase rie" i'm assuming that it should be okay to directly qualify this instead of requiring a rebubble, since metadata wasn't changed. fix what you need to and call me back
thanks !!!!
Kyuukai

Doormat wrote:

[Kyuukai]
  1. 00:46:588 (3,4) - 01:29:255 (3,4) - 01:32:588 (4,5) - etc. personally i wouldn't recommend stacking a circle underneath a slider end for a Normal; might be confusing to read for beginners/casual players. I think it's fine for a Normal diff, initiates beginners to something new
Realazy
done and done
_DT3
Thanks Linada for fixing! Also thanks Doormat for modding =w=
Doormat
ultimate.

(changes look good now, it should be okay for me to qualify this directly since metadata hasn't been changed since kurai's bubble)
Topic Starter
Linada
Thanks Doormat !!!!
we did it
Shurelia
Somehow , I thought this is a loved map cuz the metadata looks like one lol
Topic Starter
Linada
well the metadata was discussed earlier and we agreed on this, but yeah it kinda looks stupid
p/6264002
-Makishima S-
Veto from my side

Despite being a guideline, jump from 4,35* to 5,70* is nowhere close to being a reasonable spread.

Reason:

Key point: The difficulties in the mapset must be in a consecutive order.
Doormat

[Taiga] wrote:

Veto from my side

Despite being a guideline, jump from 4,35* to 5,70* is nowhere close to being a reasonable spread.

Reason:

Key point: The difficulties in the mapset must be in a consecutive order.
spread isn't determined only by star rating; it is also dependent on the density increase between difficulties.

the density increase between the insane and the extra is pretty reasonable, but i'll leave it to linada to argue for the difficulty increase.

also, the difficulties are in a consecutive order. it goes from easy -> normal -> hard -> insane -> extra. a mapset that doesn't have a consecutive order would be if it jumped from hard -> extra without an insane in the middle.
-Makishima S-

Doormat wrote:

spread isn't determined only by star rating; it is also dependent on the density increase between difficulties.

the density increase between the insane and the extra is pretty reasonable, but i'll leave it to linada to argue for the difficulty increase.

also, the difficulties are in a consecutive order. it goes from easy -> normal -> hard -> insane -> extra. a mapset that doesn't have a consecutive order would be if it jumped from hard -> extra without an insane in the middle.
I misunderstood "consecutive order", my bad, just checked again right now to dig deeper and find things what I need.

Yet I still strongly disagree with this difficulty jump.
If being picky, spread is not linear as it seems but I would love to hear why there is nothing between 4,3 and 5,7 star diffs.
While Normal/Hard covers low rank player community, Insane -> Extra spike leave nothing for mid ranked players who doesn't strictly specialize in mods (which means as far as you can DT 4,3 star diff, it would be very nice to have something between for people who cannot play DT but would love to have gain from this map).

Considering drain time, it should not be a problem.
Topic Starter
Linada
difficulty jump is only due to big jump spikes before kiais though, overall the map is around 5.5 so i guess it's kinda ok ? even if the jump in the spread can seem big it's only due to the spacing

having another extra would mean exactly the same map but with overall lower spacing, i don't think it's really needed though
-Makishima S-

Linada wrote:

difficulty jump is only due to big jump spikes before kiais though, overall the map is around 5.5 so i guess it's kinda ok ? even if the jump in the spread can seem big it's only due to the spacing

having another extra would mean exactly the same map but with overall lower spacing, i don't think it's really needed though
I saw this jumps, tbh, I cannot find any justification for them except forcing artificial difficulty spikes, lowering it could make diff around 5,4 star which could cover way wider community group than it is now.

I also understand that this "might be made with intention to play exclusively DT", yet, I think maps should cover with difficulty spread great majority of community with intention of nomod.

In my honest opinion, I could either adjust extra diff for lower star rating or add another insane between to be fair not only with guidelines but also to please everyone. As not only for myself, but almost everyone in mid rank who doesn't play DT is left with nothing here in term of "pure farming" which can be also done with nomod / HD / HR.

If you really stand with this, it is your decision, just want to try discuss with you another way to make this map open for wider group of players. Right now, you left behind pretty solid amount of players who could use it if they want.
Topic Starter
Linada

[Taiga] wrote:

I saw this jumps, tbh, I cannot find any justification for them except forcing artificial difficulty spikes, lowering it could make diff around 5,4 star which could cover way wider community group than it is now. well they can seem big but they are fitting imo, thoses part of the song are really intense

I also understand that this "might be made with intention to play exclusively DT", yet, I think maps should cover with difficulty spread great majority of community with intention of nomod. no i don't and wont ever map something to be played with DT, it may be a DT farm map or idk but it's not my intention

In my honest opinion, I could either adjust extra diff for lower star rating or add another insane between to be fair not only with guidelines but also to please everyone. As not only for myself, but almost everyone in mid rank who doesn't play DT is left with nothing here in term of "pure farming" which can be also done with nomod / HD / HR. i don't think it's really necessary imo, but if this ever get DQd i might consider doing one but in it's current state it's fine to me
-Makishima S-
Good luck then, maybe in your future maps you might get this one case better (no offence!)
Shurelia
If it's looks stupid for you yet you actually able to use the doormat's meta that he gave to you.
Why you choosing this "stupid looking" one then? lol
Topic Starter
Linada
Because imo it looks more stupid to have capitalized artist and lowercase title
Stefan
Metadata policy were always one of the stupiest things in the modding section, hopefully something happens in this clusterfuck. @Shurelia for now that looks fine and we gotta accept that. -shrugs-
_DT3
U wot holy
SicariusUchiha
You fucking BITCH I broke my chair while playing your fucking traped beatmap. PS: give me money on new chair.