forum

RADWIMPS - Yume Tourou

posted
Total Posts
show more
NikitaErmakov
Зеленый - поменял.
Оранжевый - не думаю; не знаю.
Красный - оставил; так должно быть; мне подправил карту сам создатель.
[NikitaErmakov's Easy]

• 00:38:441 (4) - спейсинг немного отошёл,подвинь слайдер немного ближе к прошлой ноте Всё.
    00:49:604 (5) - немного овермап для этого места, так как у тебя идут 2 удара по краям этого слайдера,не лучше ли просто поставить две ноты что бы не сбивать ритм, а так же придерживаться твоего расставления НК : exmple Всё.
    01:13:629 - зачем пропускать здесь важный удар,к тому же 01:03:180 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - до этого места где по 4 ноты Я думаю, всё...
    01:20:371 (5) - нк ,01:21:719 - а так же удар здесь Думаю, всё...
    01:31:495 (3,4) - бланкет Всё.
    02:04:865 (4) - конец не в ритм, мб ты мог бы сделать его короче на красный тик?
Не моя ошибка, но исправлено.

Итог - 1.49* - Прямо у обрыва между Easy и Normal = не очень хорошо но всё ок - главное - сложность - ещё Easy...
Gordon123
remove commas in the tags
my bad,I didnt tell you about it ;w;
Topic Starter
Peter

Gordon123 wrote:

remove commas in the tags
my bad,I didnt tell you about it ;w;
Done
dalioth
Alright, so here is what I found that might be of use to you, or at least I hope it will be at any rate.

Hard
00:35:476 -The first thing I noticed when going through the beatmap was right there I saw that you have two notes suddenly stacked together Which seems both distinctly out of place do to how all the other notes before and after it flow together,this can cause people to find it unfair and oft accidentally miss it unless specifically thinking able to stopping at that note. Seeing however you try to use it in repetition through the song I recommend it used a bit more frequently, especally at the beginning so that players will come to expect that there will be double stacks (and later triple stacks) within the song rather then being caught off guard by the sudden and much more rapid use of it.

00:41:057 - This one is my opinion but following the clap sound effect to the new beats that come up with the song is a excellent way to give more life into the feel of the song

00:51:348 - 00:52:220 -Doesn't exactly feel right to skip such strong point before the first climax of the song starts especally with the long note just before leading well into switching to the music of the song to be the focus rather then the vocals.

01:30:062 - This one is also my own opinion, but I found that the song has a lot more emphasis and strength by turning on the Clap sound effect on every white tick in the Kai time up to here 01:53:068

01:55:764 - Doesn't quite match up with the music, it sounds distinctly off do to the emphasis on the red tick it passes over

I'll give you a link so you can see the osu file of the changes I made so you can see for yourself if you like them or how you can modify them yourself to better suit what you want to make the song into. Other points that I changed besides the clapping.

00:24:488 (1) - I changed this combo to better show of stacking right at the start. As well as the combo at 00:42:976

I also added a note at 00:51:522 (2) to have it flow with the change in musical focus

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qr2ml718mlsd ... DWYla?dl=0
mulraf
hey from my queue o/

General:

- The diff spread is a little weird imho? from 1.48 to 1.88* and then straight to 3.39*. personally i'd make the normal diff a little harder.
- i feel like you (i don't mean your gd with this) need to work on your NC's a bit. This is a really, really easy and quick guide for NC's

monstrata wrote:

NC (New Combo) Pattern Issues
This is a general issue. Once you've mastered how to do NC's, you'll know them for life!
NC's should be placed on the downbeat because that is the start of a new measure in a song. Lets look at the timeline: The large white ticks are the downbeats. Always try to have a New combo there. For easier difficulties, you may choose to NC every second downbeat, but make sure your pattern is consistent! If you NC every downbeat, don't randomly switch to every two downbeats. Only do so if the music shifts (for example, during a calm section or a slow-down).

Essentially, you want every downbeat to be the beginning of a New Combo, as such:

Another reason to NC may be because you are using a different slider-velocity.
NC'ing the slider gives the player a better visual cue that the slider may be faster, or slower, and because of your NC, they will have more time to prepare.
If you want a more detailed explanation i can suggest pishi's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neycvFQ5Ug4

NikitaErmoakov's Easy:

- 00:40:534 (5) - NC here instead of next note and change the NC's after it accordingly
- 01:17:674 (2) - sounds like there's a note missing here :?
- 01:24:416 (4) - ^
- 01:46:326 (5) - NC
- 01:53:068 (2) - instead copy the slider from before and flip it horizontally.

Normal:

- 00:59:809 (6) - You ignored the clapping here while you mapped it at 00:54:416 (1,2) - , 01:56:438 (2) - or 02:01:832 (2) -

Hard:

- 00:44:022 (4) - maybe a straight slider here instead :? bc it sounds like 00:41:581 (4) - and 00:46:813 (3) -
- 00:48:208 (1) - and this maybe curved instead bc it sounds like 00:45:418 (1) -
- 01:28:967 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - this sounds a bit undermapped to me. you hear some extra sounds there that should be mapped imho. especially at 25/50% speed you can hear it very well.

sorry for being a little late and good luck with the map o/
NikitaErmakov
NikitaErmoakov's Easy:

- 00:40:534 (5) - NC here instead of next note and change the NC's after it accordingly Ok
- 01:17:674 (2) - sounds like there's a note missing here :? Ok
- 01:24:416 (4) - ^ Ok
- 01:46:326 (5) - NC Ok
- 01:53:068 (2) - instead copy the slider from before and flip it horizontally. No.
Topic Starter
Peter

dalioth wrote:

Alright, so here is what I found that might be of use to you, or at least I hope it will be at any rate.

Hard
00:35:476 -The first thing I noticed when going through the beatmap was right there I saw that you have two notes suddenly stacked together Which seems both distinctly out of place do to how all the other notes before and after it flow together,this can cause people to find it unfair and oft accidentally miss it unless specifically thinking able to stopping at that note. Seeing however you try to use it in repetition through the song I recommend it used a bit more frequently, especally at the beginning so that players will come to expect that there will be double stacks (and later triple stacks) within the song rather then being caught off guard by the sudden and much more rapid use of it. added stack at beginning

00:41:057 - This one is my opinion but following the clap sound effect to the new beats that come up with the song is a excellent way to give more life into the feel of the song you should use default skin while hitsounding finish hitsounds is better for strong beats

00:51:348 - 00:52:220 -Doesn't exactly feel right to skip such strong point before the first climax of the song starts especally with the long note just before leading well into switching to the music of the song to be the focus rather then the vocals. added slider

01:30:062 - This one is also my own opinion, but I found that the song has a lot more emphasis and strength by turning on the Clap sound effect on every white tick in the Kai time up to here 01:53:068 same as before

01:55:764 - Doesn't quite match up with the music, it sounds distinctly off do to the emphasis on the red tick it passes over hmm will think about that

I'll give you a link so you can see the osu file of the changes I made so you can see for yourself if you like them or how you can modify them yourself to better suit what you want to make the song into. Other points that I changed besides the clapping. i want to change everything by myself tbh

00:24:488 (1) - I changed this combo to better show of stacking right at the start. As well as the combo at 00:42:976 i fixed issues with combos

I also added a note at 00:51:522 (2) to have it flow with the change in musical focus i added it

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qr2ml718mlsd ... DWYla?dl=0
Topic Starter
Peter

mulraf wrote:

hey from my queue o/

General:

- The diff spread is a little weird imho? from 1.48 to 1.88* and then straight to 3.39*. personally i'd make the normal diff a little harder. I'm going to make diff called advanced or take GD
- i feel like you (i don't mean your gd with this) need to work on your NC's a bit. This is a really, really easy and quick guide for NC's

monstrata wrote:

NC (New Combo) Pattern Issues
This is a general issue. Once you've mastered how to do NC's, you'll know them for life!
NC's should be placed on the downbeat because that is the start of a new measure in a song. Lets look at the timeline: The large white ticks are the downbeats. Always try to have a New combo there. For easier difficulties, you may choose to NC every second downbeat, but make sure your pattern is consistent! If you NC every downbeat, don't randomly switch to every two downbeats. Only do so if the music shifts (for example, during a calm section or a slow-down).

Essentially, you want every downbeat to be the beginning of a New Combo, as such:

Another reason to NC may be because you are using a different slider-velocity.
NC'ing the slider gives the player a better visual cue that the slider may be faster, or slower, and because of your NC, they will have more time to prepare.
If you want a more detailed explanation i can suggest pishi's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neycvFQ5Ug4

Fixed

Normal:

- 00:59:809 (6) - You ignored the clapping here while you mapped it at 00:54:416 (1,2) - , 01:56:438 (2) - or 02:01:832 (2) - Ok fixed

Hard:

- 00:44:022 (4) - maybe a straight slider here instead :? bc it sounds like 00:41:581 (4) - and 00:46:813 (3) - Done
- 00:48:208 (1) - and this maybe curved instead bc it sounds like 00:45:418 (1) - Done
- 01:28:967 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3) - this sounds a bit undermapped to me. you hear some extra sounds there that should be mapped imho. especially at 25/50% speed you can hear it very well. Changed that

sorry for being a little late and good luck with the map o/ NP
LyonsLemurRucci
honestly this is awesome
but for the easy difficulty:
ar change to 2.5
hp drain rate change to 2.5
od change to 2.5

this would make it so for people who decide to hd dt hr fl will have a tiny bit harder time completing this. nomod is unaffected by much

for normal:
change CS to 3.5
AR is good as is, but 5 can be an option too
change OD to 3

these changes here because CS is too big, AR u can choose between the two, OD because its too low for a normal difficulty

for hard:
hp is good
make cs 4
make ar 7
and OD is good

the hp and od are perfect here but the AR is too high for a low star map and the CS is too big still
LyonsLemurRucci
had to look at this again!
for easy:
slider velocity needs to be at 1 and not 90, your gonna have to change all the sliders for that honestly and it might be a pain :/
this change isnt required but would be better for an easy difficulty for mod plays
change the tick rate to 2 instead for more differing scores and also more combos, this will make it a tiny more difficult but not noticeable, just more likely to miss a tick, but it will not affect players much

for normal:
you have the right slider velocity but the tick rate should be 3 here, more cool combos and more of a chance to slip up.
although this first slider bothers me a tiny bit, move it a tiny bit left

for hard:
this 5th note should not be stacked in the beginning, it isnt exactly ontop of the other note so it should be a bit away
slider tick rate is on the dot so i really like that :D
honestly you should focus on this difficulty the most because it needs a few changes here and there, try not to overlap circles on this

for all: i saw that there are no spinners, and adding atleast 1 or two per difficulty would definitely change alot, it would be alot better if there was atleast 1 per dificulty so that scores can differ, gameplay not affected tho. Spinny spin spin!

not to be mean or anything yet but this is not ready for pending,
1. keep obtaining kudosu so you can get this map more stars
2. you should get more mods on this so you can make this even better!
3. you should try to get a few gds so yeah
bejewelled
From Swegmec's Modding queue

General Feedback
OD could be slightly higher (5 -> 6).

Difficulty spread is somewhat weird and skips the 2* range completely. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but it can be somewhat disappointing when players need to go up a whole 1.4* or more to get to the next difficulty in the song.

Could definitely use another difficulty or two (insane at the minimum). If you need, I can create it for you, but that's a whole other topic. Let me know.

Hard
00:30:069 (1,2) - Something in between these perhaps?
00:53:742 (1,2) - If this is going to be your highest difficulty you want to mimic the song beats as much as possible. I would add a triple-stream here, somehow.
01:02:843 (4) - Change to quarter-beat slider.
01:37:562 (2) - Here until about 1:47 your notes dance around the outside without hitting the center of the play area. Not necessarily a bad thing, but if you would like to add some more variety to the map try moving some notes into the center.
01:54:416 (1,2,3) - (2)'s distance spacing is off. Use the yellow text in the top right (when you select circles/sliders) and make sure that the numbers are about the same (+/- 0.05).

Rankability: 5.5 / 10 Needs more content, and some tweaks. Otherwise you're well on your way to a ranked map in a few weeks/months.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Peter

Swegmec wrote:

From Swegmec's Modding queue

General Feedback
OD could be slightly higher (5 -> 6). Done!

Difficulty spread is somewhat weird and skips the 2* range completely. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but it can be somewhat disappointing when players need to go up a whole 1.4* or more to get to the next difficulty in the song.

Could definitely use another difficulty or two (insane at the minimum). If you need, I can create it for you, but that's a whole other topic. Let me know.
You can map insane if you want to

Hard
00:30:069 (1,2) - Something in between these perhaps? Added
00:53:742 (1,2) - If this is going to be your highest difficulty you want to mimic the song beats as much as possible. I would add a triple-stream here, somehow. Well i listened to it in 25% of speed and i couldnt hear any 1/4 beat so will fix if someone will mention again
01:02:843 (4) - Change to quarter-beat slider. Done
01:37:562 (2) - Here until about 1:47 your notes dance around the outside without hitting the center of the play area. Not necessarily a bad thing, but if you would like to add some more variety to the map try moving some notes into the center. Will fix if someone mention again
01:54:416 (1,2,3) - (2)'s distance spacing is off. Use the yellow text in the top right (when you select circles/sliders) and make sure that the numbers are about the same (+/- 0.05). Done
Rankability: 5.5 / 10 Needs more content, and some tweaks. Otherwise you're well on your way to a ranked map in a few weeks/months.
Good luck! Yeah the map is new for now so it needs a lot of work
Thank you!
Asuka_-
super quick mod from #modres
Easy
01:03:180 - 60% is noisy to me. maybe chenge to 40%??

Normal
01:02:506 (4) - hpbar xdxd
[]
clean map. good luck!
Topic Starter
Peter

Asuka_- wrote:

super quick mod from #modres
Easy
01:03:180 - 60% is noisy to me. maybe chenge to 40%?? Okay done

Normal
01:02:506 (4) - hpbar xdxd Fixed
[]
clean map. good luck!

Thanks
BlakeIsMyWaifu
From my modding Q

Normal
00:25:011 (2,3) - 1/2 stack here
00:40:708 (3,4) - 1/2 stack here
00:50:825 (3,1) - 1/2 stack here
On normal stacking should be constant. Everywhere else you used 1/1 stacks like you changed your mind have way through.

Hard
The whole difficulty seems very linear like a normal. The kiai times have the same spacing as the rest of the song. Maybe increase the distance snap in the kiai times

Sorry for a short mod didn't know what else to say. The storyboard of the first kiai time scared the shit out of me, really didn't expect it. Good luck with mapset!
Topic Starter
Peter

BlakeBestWaifu wrote:

From my modding Q

Normal
00:25:011 (2,3) - 1/2 stack here I think its fine but if someone mention again i will fix
00:40:708 (3,4) - 1/2 stack here Changed that to something else!
00:50:825 (3,1) - 1/2 stack here same as in first
On normal stacking should be constant. Everywhere else you used 1/1 stacks like you changed your mind have way through.I'm aware of that but you can hear vocal on these 2 points on red tick and white one

Hard
The whole difficulty seems very linear like a normal. The kiai times have the same spacing as the rest of the song. Maybe increase the distance snap in the kiai times Will work on it

Sorry for a short mod didn't know what else to say. The storyboard of the first kiai time scared the shit out of me, really didn't expect it. Good luck with mapset!
Thank you!
Saltssaumure
Hi from my modqueue. This isn't the map you requested to be modded, but you said the other one was a shitmap so here I am.

[Hard]
00:45:069 (4) - ctrl+g as other slider pairs go in the same direction
01:32:843 - The vivid purple, dark blue, and light blue combo colours look out of place on this background, it would look better if less saturated.

Couldn't find anything to say about the other diffs. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Peter

Saltssaumure wrote:

Hi from my modqueue. This isn't the map you requested to be modded, but you said the other one was a shitmap so here I am. i requested mod months ago xd but thanks

[Hard]
00:45:069 (4) - ctrl+g as other slider pairs go in the same direction ok fixed but next time specify yourself point out previous sliders
01:32:843 - The vivid purple, dark blue, and light blue combo colours look out of place on this background, it would look better if less saturated. made them more bright

Couldn't find anything to say about the other diffs. Good luck!
thank you xd
O D P A D
Easy:
GUT GUT
Normal:
JestDobrze
Hard:
00:53:573 (6,1) - Repeat slider tutaj
01:04:528 (1,2) - slider
02:04:528 (3) - 2 kółeczka takie jak są 02:04:865 (4,5)

wiem że prawie nic nie pomogłem bo ta mapka to totalny ResidentSleeper i nie ma co w niej tak na prawdę poprawiać :P
Topic Starter
Peter

Gibcio wrote:

Easy:
GUT GUT
Normal:
JestDobrze
Hard:
00:53:573 (6,1) - Repeat slider tutaj Nie pasuje do rytmu
01:04:528 (1,2) - slider Myśle że 2 slidery przed starczą nie chce aby mapa miała 3 slidery z rzędu
02:04:528 (3) - 2 kółeczka takie jak są 02:04:865 (4,5) Za dużo kółek O.O

wiem że prawie nic nie pomogłem bo ta mapka to totalny ResidentSleeper i nie ma co w niej tak na prawdę poprawiać :P
Wiem że nic nie zmieniłem ale i tak dzięki że marnujesz czas na to XD

Thanks ziom
Mir
You could probably add an insane to this set if you wanted to. The song really supports higher difficulty levels and stopping at Hard kinda undersells the song's potential. The diffs look fine but ranking this without an insane? Are you sure?
Topic Starter
Peter

Mir wrote:

You could probably add an insane to this set if you wanted to. The song really supports higher difficulty levels and stopping at Hard kinda undersells the song's potential. The diffs look fine but ranking this without an insane? Are you sure?
Nope Marianna is going to make GD for me first i've just contacted him and he agreed but he is kinda busy rn but i'm pretty sure he will make Insane GD can i contact you when he will done so mapset will be full for mod?
Mir
You may contact me.
Shii
Hello PeterEU! Last time I heard your name was from Maxylan :)
Time to look at that new Insane of Marianna's. If possible, could I get a GD for an Easy/Normal sometime? Got a mapset I wanna make, but I can't make low diffs, and I don't know anyone who does bar you (from Maxy).
Marianna's Insane
00:25:883 (1) - I'd love to see the curve of this slider follow the curve of 00:25:708 (4) , 00:25:185 (3) 's slider end and itself. right now, the curve is a little bit off, though it's not really a huge issue
00:25:883 (1) - This slider doesn't quite follow the same spacing as seen in the rest of this section (1.5x vs 1.6x spacing for sliders). It's noticeable by my eyes,
so spacing should probably be slightly readjusted here to be closer to the rest of the section.
00:29:371 (3) - Visually, this is a bit close to 00:28:674 (1) slider body, and so isn't visually consistent with the rest of this section.
00:33:557 (3) - This slider is a tad bit close to 00:34:255 (1) - when considering the distance between the latter and 00:34:778 (2) .
00:37:394 (2) - Seems cramped against 00:37:046 (1) - compared to other hitobjects near sliders. This also doesn't make a lot of sense to me given how small and straight (though still curved) the slider is.
00:39:836 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't like how this bit looks. The spacing is real inconsistent and it looks messy, especially with 00:40:883 (5) - not even sharing the same shape/direction as 00:39:836 (1) .
From about 00:39:836 till about 00:53:742 , visual spacing gets less consistent, and looks a bit messy IMO.
00:41:929 (3) - This is nitpicky as hell, but 00:43:325 (3) - fades in as the former is still fading out, and so is kind of an overlap? Probably not a huge issue, I'd just prefer it changed <3
00:52:731 (2,3) - You use this pattern and 00:55:596 (3) - for when there are two 1/2 notes together, yet it's done inconsistently - doing something like alternating between the patterns every time or two times would be more consistent.
01:02:506 (1,2,3,4) - This bit is straight whilst 01:02:843 (5,6,7,8) - is not, despite both having plenty of guitar and intensity. I get that it's a drop or whatever before the vocals kick in again, but I'd rather see it all as a curved stream, with 01:02:843 (5,6,7,8) - perhaps featuring a more aggressive arc.
From 01:03:180 - there's more inconsistent visual spacing, with a good example being 01:03:180 (1,2,3) having 01:03:180 (1,3) - share different visual spacing to 01:03:180 (1,2) - and so on. Changing Visual spacing for effect is fine, but it's done in an inconsistent manner, where there is cases of near overlaps, where there are also moderate gaps.
01:28:798 - Thumps not mapped despite arguably being a part of the drum. Also included 01:29:304 - and 01:29:809 . As they are different to the 1/4 drumming, I would map them as jumps. perhaps being blanketed by the streams, or by hitobjects'.
01:37:225 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - Would prefer if this looked more like a star pattern than it does now.
01:38:068 (7) - Overlaps with 01:36:888 (1) - quite heavily, which looks a bit ugly IMO.
Pretty much any other complaints I would have about this map have already been addressed by points mentioned above. I personally don't like the inconsistent visual spacing, or the potentially inconsistent mapping.

Good luck getting this ranked!
Marianna
Hi @ShiiTsuin

Well I'm sorry if it sounds rude, but I will not use anything of your mod, I do not see anything that is really necessary or that shows some relevance to me, some hours you forget that this is an insane and in others you do not see my vision of mapping, I'm sorry but nothing fixed.
Maxylan
Marianna, you're the embodiment of the meme "don't kill mappers spirit" lmfao, here's a little mini mod disputing some of your refusals of ShiiTsuin's mod, let's call it a mod within a mod, mod-ception.

Shii
[Banter]
Hello PeterEU! Last time I heard your name was from Maxylan :)

Time to look at that new Insane of Marianna's. If possible, could I get a GD for an Easy/Normal sometime? Got a mapset I wanna make, but I can't make low diffs, and I don't know anyone who does bar you (from Maxy).
[Mod]
  1. 00:25:883 (1) - I'd love to see the curve of this slider follow the curve of 00:25:708 (4) , 00:25:185 (3) 's slider end and itself. right now, the curve is a little bit off, though it's not really a huge issue Optional so whatever
  2. 00:25:883 (1) - This slider doesn't quite follow the same spacing as seen in the rest of this section (1.5x vs 1.6x spacing for sliders). It's noticeable by my eyes,
    so spacing should probably be slightly readjusted here to be closer to the rest of the section.
    Marianna if you're going to claim "oh spacing here is different because it emphasises the vocal syllible at that point" or something along those lines, then don't go back on following the vocals by mapping guitar here 00:26:406 - and NOT mapping the vocal syllible on 00:26:581 -
  3. 00:29:371 (3) - Visually, this is a bit close to 00:28:674 (1) slider body, and so isn't visually consistent with the rest of this section. What shii said here is true, although it's nit-picky, if you want to dispute this claim you need to respond properly.
  4. 00:33:557 (3) - This slider is a tad bit close to 00:34:255 (1) - when considering the distance between the latter and 00:34:778 (2) .
    This is nitpicky as well, however I will add that it would also look better if the the angle was somewhat more consistant with 00:34:255 (1) -for visuals.
  5. 00:37:394 (2) - Seems cramped against 00:37:046 (1) - compared to other hitobjects near sliders. This also doesn't make a lot of sense to me given how small and straight (though still curved) the slider is. I mean eh, I see where Shii Is comming from with this but it'd be much more effective if he pointed out how close 00:36:871 (4) - is to 00:37:569 (3) - . Why not move (4) down so that (3) blankets it.
  6. 00:39:836 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't like how this bit looks. The spacing is real inconsistent and it looks messy, especially with 00:40:883 (5) - not even sharing the same shape/direction as 00:39:836 (1) . Don't agree personally on this but would love an explanation from you Maria ^^
  7. From about 00:39:836 till about 00:53:742 , visual spacing gets less consistent, and looks a bit messy IMO. I think this entire section looks and plays just fine, however, I disslike the fact that you don't stack stuff like 00:48:208 (1,3) - for example, very noticeable in gameplay.
  8. 00:41:929 (3) - This is nitpicky as hell, but 00:43:325 (3) - fades in as the former is still fading out, and so is kind of an overlap? Probably not a huge issue, I'd just prefer it changed <3 LOL SHII I LOVE YOU
  9. 00:52:731 (2,3) - You use this pattern and 00:55:596 (3) - for when there are two 1/2 notes together, yet it's done inconsistently - doing something like alternating between the patterns every time or two times would be more consistent. Very true
    SIDENOTE The timegaps 00:54:753 (2,1) - used to emphasise the claps all over this chorus feels so disgusting to play, not only do you miss a sound on 00:54:922 - but even if there was no sound on the red tick you need to use more spacing to CLEARLY indicate there's a 1/1 timegap.
  10. 01:02:506 (1,2,3,4) - This bit is straight whilst 01:02:843 (5,6,7,8) - is not, despite both having plenty of guitar and intensity. I get that it's a drop or whatever before the vocals kick in again, but I'd rather see it all as a curved stream, with 01:02:843 (5,6,7,8) - perhaps featuring a more aggressive arc. eh optional again so whatever ^^
  11. From 01:03:180 - there's more inconsistent visual spacing, with a good example being 01:03:180 (1,2,3) having 01:03:180 (1,3) - share different visual spacing to 01:03:180 (1,2) - and so on. Changing Visual spacing for effect is fine, but it's done in an inconsistent manner, where there is cases of near overlaps, where there are also moderate gaps. To clarify, he's talking about the spacing between different object's bodies, not the actualy spacing between objects. And I agree with him, there should be equal spacing between the bodies for good aesthetics.
  12. 01:28:798 - Thumps not mapped despite arguably being a part of the drum. Also included 01:29:304 - and 01:29:809 . As they are different to the 1/4 drumming, I would map them as jumps. perhaps being blanketed by the streams, or by hitobjects'. HOW HAVE YOU NOT MAPPED THESE "thumps" SOUNDS?! They're so incredibly predominant and I can not think of a single excuse you could possibly have for not mapping them, this is an insane,
    not an easy.
    I'm sorry but not mapping predominant sounds is just an instant trigger for me, like how white cis males are a trigger to buzzfeed.
  13. 01:37:225 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - Would prefer if this looked more like a star pattern than it does now. Very true
  14. 01:38:068 (7) - Overlaps with 01:36:888 (1) - quite heavily, which looks a bit ugly IMO. I have snaking sliders on maybe that's why I don't see that lol, but this is optional i suppose so whatever

Pretty much any other complaints I would have about this map have already been addressed by points mentioned above. I personally don't like the inconsistent visual spacing, or the potentially inconsistent mapping.
Good luck getting this ranked!

ShiiTsuin you don't have to agree with my on everything here, neither do you Marianne, I just found your reply particullarly funny Marianne and so I just had to do this.
Also, fucking respond to modders, it's the least you can do as a thank you for them taking their time out of their day to help you. Even if you don't agree with them, tell them why.
Topic Starter
Peter
can you stop fighting okay?
Marianna
Why are you responding to the mod for me? If I said I do not see anything needed it is why I do not see anything needed if you wanted to respond to the mods because they did not diff you?
At no point did I say that the mod is bad, I just did not find anything really relevant
Maxylan
I will not fight, and I will not chat anymore if PeterEU doesn't want me to, however, I will say this.
You clearly did not read what I said, otherwise you'd have noted this:

Maxylan wrote:

Also, fucking respond to modders, it's the least you can do as a thank you for them taking their time out of their day to help you. Even if you don't agree with them, tell them why.
The whole point of my mod-ception was to show you that some of the things he said actually were relevant and that not responding to him explaining why you dissagree is just lazy, and inconsiderate, when he was trying to be helpful.
Shii

Marianna wrote:

Why are you responding to the mod for me? If I said I do not see anything needed it is why I do not see anything needed if you wanted to respond to the mods because they did not diff you?
At no point did I say that the mod is bad, I just did not find anything really relevant
Sorry, I know you aren't a strong English Speaker, so I understand a lot of this stuff but...
I just wanted reasoning why nothing was relevant to you, and why it was your "vision". Having 4 ranked maps, I have to assume you have at least some understanding of mapping, possibly more than me, but you've proved to me literally nothing about your "prowess", when I find what I believe to be issues and you brush it off without any explanation. Moreover, things like consistent visuals are a necessity, even in an Insane lmao. The fact that you've never ranked an Insane means you should be more open to criticism, rather than shutting yourself off like Monstrata or Delis would.
In the case of you saying that it's your "Vision of mapping" I couldn't care less whether it's what you see as the god-tier of mapping, or just something you like. Whilst nothing I noted was particularly necessary, it's still worth while at least playing around with my "improvements" to see whether they make a difference to the aesthetics or playability.

Once again, sorry if this looks like I'm butt hurt, and I know this might be starting an argument, just wanted some more information and stuff, and to get something off of my chest. Good luck with this though, I wanna see this mapset ranked :)
Marianna

ShiiTsuin wrote:

Sorry, I know you aren't a strong English Speaker, so I understand a lot of this stuff but...
I just wanted reasoning why nothing was relevant to you, and why it was your "vision". Having 4 ranked maps, I have to assume you have at least some understanding of mapping, possibly more than me, but you've proved to me literally nothing about your "prowess", when I find what I believe to be issues and you brush it off without any explanation. Moreover, things like consistent visuals are a necessity, even in an Insane lmao. The fact that you've never ranked an Insane means you should be more open to criticism, rather than shutting yourself off like Monstrata or Delis would.
In the case of you saying that it's your "Vision of mapping" I couldn't care less whether it's what you see as the god-tier of mapping, or just something you like. Whilst nothing I noted was particularly necessary, it's still worth while at least playing around with my "improvements" to see whether they make a difference to the aesthetics or playability.

Once again, sorry if this looks like I'm butt hurt, and I know this might be starting an argument, just wanted some more information and stuff, and to get something off of my chest. Good luck with this though, I wanna see this mapset ranked :)
Alright Shii, by the way sorry for my bad English, most of the time I do not respond to the mods for this reason

Your mod is really good, but you pointed out things I've done countless times and I'm used to doing so I did not want to pass the mod saying "I've done it before" because it would be stupid, I really appreciate your dedication explaining every mod thing and I'm sure that someday you'll be a very good modder

And thanks for modding ^^
Natsu
@Marianna actually you have to give a proper reply to the modder.
Maxylan

Natsu wrote:

@Marianna actually you have to give a proper reply to the modder.
Respec +1
Marianna
why me god? why?
This was already resolved, fuck osu
Natsu

Marianna wrote:

why me god? why?
This was already resolved, fuck osu
Is not only you, actually every mapper needs to give a proper reply to modders, ofc if you want your maps to be ranked, take a look at: https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Ranking_Cr ... of_Conduct
Marmorexx
I hope it's okay if i just mod the 2 harder Diffs because thats where i can make out weird things much better ^^

First off: Great map, already see it ranked on my opinion, yet there are a few things that could be improved anyways!

Hard Difficulty ---

00:28:325 (3) - Feels like this should be a new combo. Doesnt have to. Its just a feeling.
00:59:978 (4,5) - The change from "Note->Slider->Note->Slider to Slider-> Note" comes really sudden and might catch a lot of people offguard.

-> From 01:12:618 to 01:23:405 you aligned all notes in a "circle". It just goes round and round and round. You could improve the flow by throwing in some variation here and there.

01:29:304 (3) - Remove this slider and place a note in its origin. Then you put the triples half a beat after that, followed up with 2 single taps or a slider (7&8)
This fits way better onto the beat

01:31:495 (1) - Maybe make this a little curved to the right to indicate better that it goes back and you have to jump to (2) afterwards
01:52:393 (3,4) - 01:52:899 (5,1) - If you move these 2 packs closer together its more fluent to play. the distance for the jumps can stay the same. But if there is the same distance between each of the notes, it gets hard to read.
02:03:770 (6) - If you create a triple there, here (02:04:528 (3)), and a slider here (02:04:865 (4,5)) it gives the map a nice and sudden ending, like the song suggests. Dont move the notes, they're really good, just change them if you want ^^

Marianna's Insane ---

Love how you handled the Overlaps here! Everytime there is enough time for the note to fade away properly, you let it overlap! Good work, lovin it.
00:32:511 (4) - New Combo would look stylish here instead of 00:32:860 (1)
00:57:450 (5,6,7) - I keep hitting this early, maybe move it away from (4) a little
01:09:585 (4,5) - Since the melody gets higher here maybe make the circles go higher, too. In a manner like this:
It feels also really nice because the next jump is a similar one.
01:22:731 (2) - Having a perfect overlap here is a little irritating. I know it adds to the uniqueness of the map, but it'd feel nicer if you at least stacked them.
01:35:034 (6,7,8) - Maybe turn these by like 20° CCW to make hitting them more fluent. If they are aligned like this it feels a little unintuitive.

Also in the Part between the 2 Kiai Sections (From 01:03:180 to 01:13:967), the Guitar in the song plays very short, muted notes. To make the beatmap "fit" better, you should use more half beat sliders and less Full beat sliders like 01:05:202 (4)! There is a lot of potential in this part on my opinion.

Hope i could be of help!

GL with your Map!
Net0
"Pretty much any other complaints I would have about this map have already been addressed by points mentioned above. I personally don't like the inconsistent visual spacing, or the potentially inconsistent mapping."
The modder pointed with reason a few issues he thinks that should be mentioned and stated a personal opinion on the map overall. I don't see any sarcasm or hidden offenses. In this case you should just reply Marianna, even if you're denying everything (which seems the case).

The only case you don't have to reply a mod, is when the modder is clearlly making fun or attacking you or your map. Bad behavior is discourage and leads to nothing.

To @ShiiTsuin if you're uncertain about a certain aspect of the map, addressed to it inside the mod itself, general comments such as "I personally don't like the inconsistent visual spacing, or the potentially inconsistent mapping." only leads ppl to overlook your mod and take things to a personal side, so I'd try to smooth things more next time when you mod ^^.
Shii

Net0 wrote:

"Pretty much any other complaints I would have about this map have already been addressed by points mentioned above. I personally don't like the inconsistent visual spacing, or the potentially inconsistent mapping."
The modder pointed with reason a few issues he thinks that should be mentioned and stated a personal opinion on the map overall. I don't see any sarcasm or hidden offenses. In this case you should just reply Marianna, even if you're denying everything (which seems the case).

The only case you don't have to reply a mod, is when the modder is clearlly making fun or attacking you or your map. Bad behavior is discourage and leads to nothing.

To @ShiiTsuin if you're uncertain about a certain aspect of the map, addressed to it inside the mod itself, general comments such as "I personally don't like the inconsistent visual spacing, or the potentially inconsistent mapping." only leads ppl to overlook your mod and take things to a personal side, so I'd try to smooth things more next time when you mod ^^.
I see, I'll have to keep that in mind when I mod in the future. I usually make a point an opinion because I'm not certain, so it's more of a feeling or something like that, but yeah - I will make sure to be more careful with wording in my future mods. Thank you Net0
Topic Starter
Peter

Marmorexx wrote:

Hard Difficulty ---

00:28:325 (3) - Feels like this should be a new combo. Doesnt have to. Its just a feeling. Making here new combo is kinda pointless
00:59:978 (4,5) - The change from "Note->Slider->Note->Slider to Slider-> Note" comes really sudden and might catch a lot of people offguard.
not really for example 00:57:787 (1,2) and 00:56:101 (4,1)

-> From 01:12:618 to 01:23:405 you aligned all notes in a "circle". It just goes round and round and round. You could improve the flow by throwing in some variation here and there. I cant really understand why everyone hates it i did for purpose needs to be considered

01:29:304 (3) - Remove this slider and place a note in its origin. Then you put the triples half a beat after that, followed up with 2 single taps or a slider (7&8)
This fits way better onto the beat It follows beat in kinda other way but i would like to keep slider after 1/4 one

01:31:495 (1) - Maybe make this a little curved to the right to indicate better that it goes back and you have to jump to (2) afterwards i want keep this straight bcs i've used this pattern for example here 01:26:438 (3,4) i think making something other is pointless
01:52:393 (3,4) - 01:52:899 (5,1) - If you move these 2 packs closer together its more fluent to play. the distance for the jumps can stay the same. But if there is the same distance between each of the notes, it gets hard to read. it's fine for me my friend testplayed it
02:03:770 (6) - If you create a triple there, here (02:04:528 (3)), and a slider here (02:04:865 (4,5)) it gives the map a nice and sudden ending, like the song suggests. Dont move the notes, they're really good, just change them if you want ^^ I don't really want to put too many circles at the end
Thanks for suggestions
Topic Starter
Peter
Marianna is kinda busy so i'm going to answer

Marmorexx wrote:

Insane ---

Love how you handled the Overlaps here! Everytime there is enough time for the note to fade away properly, you let it overlap! Good work, lovin it.
00:32:511 (4) - New Combo would look stylish here instead of 00:32:860 (1) I think this combo is fine
00:57:450 (5,6,7) - I keep hitting this early, maybe move it away from (4) a little it's fine i've testplayed with friends
01:09:585 (4,5) - Since the melody gets higher here maybe make the circles go higher, too. In a manner like this: the current one is fine
It feels also really nice because the next jump is a similar one.
01:22:731 (2) - Having a perfect overlap here is a little irritating. I know it adds to the uniqueness of the map, but it'd feel nicer if you at least stacked them. i think this overlap is fine
01:35:034 (6,7,8) - Maybe turn these by like 20° CCW to make hitting them more fluent. If they are aligned like this it feels a little unintuitive. not really

Also in the Part between the 2 Kiai Sections (From 01:03:180 to 01:13:967), the Guitar in the song plays very short, muted notes. To make the beatmap "fit" better, you should use more half beat sliders and less Full beat sliders like 01:05:202 (4)! There is a lot of potential in this part on my opinion. it's fine
show more