forum

osu! World Cup 2017 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki | Livestream

Welcome to the osu! World Cup 2017 Discussion Thread.
Here you can discuss everything related to the biggest country-based osu! tournament.
ToGlette
Here we go. #makecowgreatagain
Bartek22830
Pretty sad that pool will have 6 nomod maps and only 2 maps for each mod :(
_lesu
300$ per team member for 1st place HYPE!
Kreston101
Might I ask why is it only locked to 5000 global rank and above?
Mikanosu-chan

Kreston101 wrote:

Might I ask why is it only locked to 5000 global rank and above?

Guess so unskilled folk won't meddle, huh? Same with every other official championship out there.
Astar
can i play
Hellcat
#Make China Great Again

RIP Rustbell
Rad
Nice
worst fl player

Astar wrote:

can i play
Gigo
It's almost 2 days since that thread was posted and there are only like 10 comments. Am I missing something? I thought people would be more hyped for this.
Jafferz
iSnnak-Kun
Como se puede ver el rango global??
bjlly
how can I see who is on the US team???????
silmarilen
oshit, it's happening
anthem_666

Tutti wrote:

how can I see who is on the US team???????

Teams will be announced few days after registration phase for sure
BoyInFlames
is this only standard?
mcfurry

BoyInFlames wrote:

is this only standard?

Yes, and it will say if it is a Ctb or mania tournament.
charlis
come,let's go.
Flashback9
Hype hype
Velura
I'll sign up for this next year OwO
Novalogic
No Cookiezi, no rrtyui, no rustbell... meh, not interested
Alt
TWC Discord conf was awesome, we should create one earlier this year, it connects team members better than Nokia

(i want it 4 vs 4 this year, huh)
Elcheer
USA vs China or South Korea Grand Final again
blue zenith lol
Can Slovakia and czechia play together? We already share the same channel, and it would guarantee our spot in owc
n0ah
GLHF everyone
hlanden
When do we know if our country is or isn't in? The Registration Phase ended a few hours ago :thinking:
pyon
too late then, good luck all
nya10

pyon wrote:

Were the times specified? i just tried to register but i cannot find a button, i guess it ended but its still 29 October here and last year im pretty sure they used the last timezone possible to end the registration...
There was a countdown, if there's no button on your side, then you're late
CXu
Will we get a stream schedule for group stages this year? You couldn't really tell people last year to watch a specific match since there was no guarantee your match would be streamed, and iirc there were some countries that never appeared on stream once while others got 2-3 appearances. It's probably a butt to juggle, but it would be very helpful for spectators to know which matches that'll be streamed. (Or I was blind last year. Might also be that.)
Topic Starter
Loctav
There won't be a schedule for the group stage this year. In order to not make false promises, we tend to avoid definite stream schedules. We usually plan out a rough schedule, but this can change on the fly - and we don't want to be confronted with the rant if we go off the plan we have made. (this happens if the planned match either starts late or not at all, etc.)

On other news, the first 25 pending rosters are listed on the wiki now. If you signed up for any of these countries, please get in touch with your country's team creator as soon as possible.
-Makishima S-
Waiting for this year innocent players not allowed to play because of "You guess what you done".

thonk
Akane-Yuki

CXu wrote:

Will we get a stream schedule for group stages this year? You couldn't really tell people last year to watch a specific match since there was no guarantee your match would be streamed, and iirc there were some countries that never appeared on stream once while others got 2-3 appearances. It's probably a butt to juggle, but it would be very helpful for spectators to know which matches that'll be streamed. (Or I was blind last year. Might also be that.)
iirc Austria has been streamed for one Map and Indonesia (?) hasn't been streamed at all?
we'd love to be streamed this year :^)
CXu

Loctav wrote:

There won't be a schedule for the group stage this year. In order to not make false promises, we tend to avoid definite stream schedules. We usually plan out a rough schedule, but this can change on the fly - and we don't want to be confronted with the rant if we go off the plan we have made. (this happens if the planned match either starts late or not at all, etc.)

On other news, the first 25 pending rosters are listed on the wiki now. If you signed up for any of these countries, please get in touch with your country's team creator as soon as possible.
While I understand this, couldn't you solve this by having the matches of a time slot listed in a prioritized list? If a match starts late, or doesn't start within some time, then you go down the list and show that match instead.

It's a bit of a bummer when some countries get no stream time at all while others might be on stream for all 3 of their group stage matches (Norway was on for 2 streams + the last map of our match vs. Austria, while they were not streamed at all outside their one map vs. Norway).
juankristal

CXu wrote:

Loctav wrote:

While I understand this, couldn't you solve this by having the matches of a time slot listed in a prioritized list? If a match starts late, or doesn't start within some time, then you go down the list and show that match instead.

It's a bit of a bummer when some countries get no stream time at all while others might be on stream for all 3 of their group stage matches (Norway was on for 2 streams + the last map of our match vs. Austria, while they were not streamed at all outside their one map vs. Norway).

We have our own way to schedule the streams (I am in charge of that usually) and believe me that if a team has 3 matches streamed out of 3 is because at least 2 of the matches are in blocks of either 1 or 2 matches at the same time. Sadly there isn't enough time to stream everyone and our priority will usually be for the teams on lower seeds or most interesting matches. We could release a list of priorities in terms of scheduling but at the end, we might just change it on the flow so I don't think it's worth.
gilherme boulos
x
show more