forum

Manga Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Alysia_old_1
Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya is the place to be
R-unknown
any good manga with intelligent main character ?
similar to Doubt! (AMANO Sakuya), Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, TWGOK
Luqanted
this is pretty random but

GUYS I RECOMMEND DEADTUBE :D
Lord Timzki
Horimiya bc y not
Luqanted
is Horimiya still on-going?
Alysia_old_1
Like in the anime suggestion thread prison school is really good (a bit more adult though)
RokkaAstrea
Does anyone know manga similar to Pandora Hearts?
It's a sort of Historical Fiction, with plot twists everywhere =3=
Caput Mortuum
Grand Blue, a comedy slice of life focusing on the life of a college boy in a diving club. Ranks pretty high on MAL.
Green Platinum
Any 1970's Shoujo or Josei manga that I can read the entirety of?
Or Vampires with no qualms about sexuality (willing to have sex scenes etc.) and horror without garbage shounen/seinen plots.
Fantastic paneling like in Swan is also desirable.

Thanks anyone who can help.
YotSugoiDX
Cory in the manga
Softwarm
Hello dead thread, I present you with something I highly recommend.
Ender Lain
Seraph of the End, Hayate the combat butler, Aldnoah Zero (+ 2nd season), Tokyo Ghoul, Girls und Panzer

Which one is the best?
Softwarm

Izect Ztenz wrote:

Seraph of the End, Hayate the combat butler, Aldnoah Zero (+ 2nd season), Tokyo Ghoul, Girls und Panzer

Which one is the best?
If you're asking for a recommendation, you've not produced any list of past stories you've read for someone else for use in helping you out man. (Read the OP!) I have not read anything of these stories (though I did watch Aldnoah.Zero, and I wouldn't recommend it), so I am not the person to ask.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Izect Ztenz wrote:

Which one is the best?
Probably better to post in the anime suggestion thread (t/90118) and not the manga suggestion thread if you wanted answers about anime.

As to answer your question, you probably better give a criteria as to say what is the best for you because the genre of those series vary greatly.
Green Platinum

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Izect Ztenz wrote:

Which one is the best?
Probably better to post in the anime suggestion thread (t/90118) and not the manga suggestion thread if you wanted answers about anime.

As to answer your question, you probably better give a criteria as to say what is the best for you because the genre of those series vary greatly.
I was wondering if Aldnoah and GuP even had manga. Never seen them around.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Green Platinum wrote:

I was wondering if Aldnoah and GuP even had manga. Never seen them around.
I was wondering too, so I looked it up

Aldnoah: (there is a link to sequals and spinoffs too, but none are scanlated)
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=113037

GuP: (has a lot of spinoffs)
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=78531
Green Platinum
Not surprised about GuP. Aldnoah struck me as more a shitty LN kinda story.
Ender Lain

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Izect Ztenz wrote:

Which one is the best?

"Anime Suggestion Thread"

*also i wanna bought Girls und Panzer and AZ Second Season too...

Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Izect Ztenz wrote:

"Anime Suggestion Thread"
Sorry about that, my mistake. I haven't read the manga form of all of these.

Personally, I would suggest reading the original source material for anything because any other adaptation is usually just a retelling using what they know from a different source. With that said, here is the list of their original forms:
Seraph of the End - manga
Hayate the Combat Butler - manga
Aldnoah Zero - anime
Tokyo Ghoul - manga
Girls und Panzer - anime

So for Aldnoah Zero and Girls und Panzer, I suggest you should watch the anime for full enjoyment. As for the rest, depends on your taste. Seraph of the End takes a while to develop to something decent. Hayate is great comedy, but it does get a little repetitive toward the end and it helps a lot to know the references as they aired. Tokyo Ghoul, well I never read it.
Green Platinum
Seraph gets good? ... NANI?
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Green Platinum wrote:

Seraph gets good? ... NANI?
I personally thinks it gets better, but I do agree that it is not the author's best work.
CringyWeabo
Now i dont acctualy read manga but i wana get in to it...
so since i cant say what i normally read since i dont.
Whats a manga that i can start with?
Husa
idk but this is really good everyone, https://myanimelist.net/manga/107138/Te ... Care_of_Me >///<
zetsuchanyami
I really liked The Promised Neverland, it's a great manga.
Otakutims
I actually bought the manga called "Kodomo no Jikan(こどものじかん)" or in English Children's Hour. I did not finish the manga because there were only vol 1-6 available hard copy in my local book store. Even though I only read vol 1-6, I think Children's Hour is a great manga in terms of story.

(spoiler alert)
Children's Hour is about a teacher named Daisuke Aoki. He is a 23 years old teacher, who teaches grade–schoolers. Throughout his days, he always end up in a embarrassing(?) situation with rin, who is one of the student of Aoki. Those embarrassing situation includes kissing and some skinships (スキンシップ), which means "non-sexual touching between very close platonic friends" according to urban dictionary. Eventually, Aoki finds out why she act this way and soon he started to care about her and almost love her....

I know some people are disgust about how Kodomo no Jikan, the author, draw a lewd loli. One might even say it is straight up lolicon doujinshi(同人誌), but I still respect him because the visual and the entertainment (° ͜ʖ°). Plus, I personally like lolis because of their cuteness😏😏😏. I rate this manga 8/10 and I would recommend this to loli lovers :D
Caput Mortuum
hey please post here guys me need some fresh mango during this pandemic

also some manga review from me:
Raw Hero. It's from the same guy who made Prison School. In short, it's a story about a poor man with 2 young siblings trying to find work, and due to some circumstances, became a spy to infiltrate a villain organization. As you would expect from the author, it's really ecchi heavy and is probably borderline hentai.

It's a pretty funny manga if I say so, but god I hate the love triangle trope that's going on right now and I hope it ends soon. I just hope the author doesn't kill it like he did with Prison School.

All in all, I recommend to give it a go if you like Prison School.
Asphiee
Oversimplifying review

Berserk - epic plot (waaay better than anime)
Psyren - anime adaptation material (i've read darwin's game before it got an anime, it was decent enough to keep me reading but not good really)
GTO series - want some comedy and feels, read this then (way better then anime)
Ajin - some parts arent in anime, as usual for an adaptation
Citrus - for yuri lover
Solo Leveling - want an overpowered main character without no clear conflict (self vs self , self vs people shit) then read this, recommended for those who doesnt love plots (its manwha)
One punch man - unlike solo leveling, the main character has conflict which is getting recognition he deserves
YuriCam: Yurika no Campus Life - if you just want a pure yuri plot every chapter then just have fun reading this
Beelzebub - just read this, really
Liar Game - r.i.p
Philosophia - yuri <3

i know this isnt helpful, but who cares...
nahumGTM
Ola o///o
Captainkonata
hewo :3
MaxIsABigKaiju
The Splatoon manga is really good I guess
TheAngryNerd101
Kengan Ashura is a really fun one. Quite similar to Baki with the whole underground fighting thing, plenty of badass characters with cool fighting styles and abilities along with some really great action scenes and choreography. Great art as well. Sad how the anime skipped a bunch of fights and was done in mediocre 3D CG.
npc_BeaniCraft
it's probably been said a billion times before. but noragami!
Stomiks
Bloom into you just read it it's fucking great
DM FOR MUTUAL

Stomiks wrote:

I wholly vouch for this.
Vickywar

yoony1 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I wholly vouch for this.
Same here really good manga!!!
My Angel Anaxii
i'd suggest you guys read Evangelion. It's better than the manga
Stomiks
You talking about the original drafts lmao
My Angel Anaxii

Stomiks wrote:

huh no way theyre drafts 😯
Stomiks

Aireunaeus wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

No I was talking about how you said that the manga was better when you already said to read evangelion. So I was thinking if your referring to the original drafts of the manga.
My Angel Anaxii

Stomiks wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

No I was talking about how you said that the manga was better when you already said to read evangelion. So I was thinking if your referring to the original drafts of the manga.
no way i said manga. I meant better than the anime lmao
show more