Topic Starter
Mazzerin

mithew wrote:

that description

GL in future mapping.
more mad children's professional opinions on my masterpiece soon to be added
Yuudachi-kun

SirBlackMage wrote:

Because its super hard and nobody probably cant fc it makes it good ?
would like to see you doing it without nf ;)
Just because a map is very difficult, and not a lot of people can pass it, doesn't mean it isn't good.
No you see difficulty is bad because :( :( :( :(
Nyukai
Wow, it's ranked after all, congratulations I guess.
Woddles

Mazzerin wrote:

mithew wrote:

that description

GL in future mapping.
more mad children's professional opinions on my masterpiece soon to be added
oh my god that is priceless.
Myxo
Congratz >w<
Chaotic patterns on a chaotic song, means good map to me.
Zare

riktoi wrote:

Find me a better 8 star map.
what a bullshit thing to say. the map doesnt get better just because there's nothing that sucks less at this difficulty level (also im sure there actually is higher quality 8 star maps but i really cba to search now)

this is extremely low effort mapping with zero emphasis and no concept aside from "lets make it hard". edit i take this back, this is overreacted. there is indeed a concept but i feel like its executed poorly.
dont misunderstand me, i will never hate on a map because of the difficulty, that's not what im saying. even if this was 100 bpm slower id still dislike it.
what is dislike about the map is how there's close to zero relation between song and the spacing and angling of the hitobjects, the obnoxious slider velocity at some parts and the overall eeling of the map.

Desperate-kun said there's chaotic patterns on a chaotic song, which makes sense. I'd agree if there was actually some thought behind the chaos. right now it just feels needlessly erratic. Some reaaaallyyyyy strong beats in the music are not stressed by the spacing at all and right afterwards there's relaively random jump spikes on notes that dont stand out as much.

but alas, this map is now ranked and exempt from improvement or any changes forn that matter, so my complaining is pretty much pointless at this point. I just want to express my disappointment in the mapper, modders and especially the QAT that are responsible for this rank in a system that supposedly prioritises quality over anything.
Yuii-
*throws water on fire*

Seriously, guys... what the hell is wrong with you? Enjoy THE FUCKING GAME, KIDS. AND CALM DOWN.

Jeez
A Mystery

Zare wrote:

riktoi wrote:

what a bullshit thing to say. the map doesnt get better just because there's nothing that sucks less at this difficulty level (also im sure there actually is higher quality 8 star maps but i really cba to search now)

this is extremely low effort mapping with zero emphasis and no concept aside from "lets make it hard". edit i take this back, this is overreacted. there is indeed a concept but i feel like its executed poorly.
dont misunderstand me, i will never hate on a map because of the difficulty, that's not what im saying. even if this was 100 bpm slower id still dislike it.
what is dislike about the map is how there's close to zero relation between song and the spacing and angling of the hitobjects, the obnoxious slider velocity at some parts and the overall eeling of the map.

Desperate-kun said there's chaotic patterns on a chaotic song, which makes sense. I'd agree if there was actually some thought behind the chaos. right now it just feels needlessly erratic. Some reaaaallyyyyy strong beats in the music are not stressed by the spacing at all and right afterwards there's relaively random jump spikes on notes that dont stand out as much.

but alas, this map is now ranked and exempt from improvement or any changes forn that matter, so my complaining is pretty much pointless at this point. I just want to express my disappointment in the mapper, modders and especially the QAT that are responsible for this rank in a system that supposedly prioritises quality over anything.
I haven't looked at this map for a long time, but I agree with this in general (and not directed to this map)
riktoi

Zare wrote:

riktoi wrote:

I don't really know what I was going for with that comment so I will apologize on that matter. On the other hand, we got this insightful comment for others to see in this thread.
Surono
Spawn of RIP
Xantaria
I've been watching this map from the start and I must say that this map and everything in it fit the song perfectly. The hitsounds are amazing. The mapping is that of a god.

All Hail Mazzerin!
buny
There are some nicely mapped parts, but anyone that isn't deaf can tell that this is completely overmapped. So overmapped that it has reached a point where the map isn't even played to the song; it's literally just streams with some music playing in the background

It's such a shame that maps like these can get past the modding and ranking process. Very huge disappointment @QAT

Oh well, the map is ranked now and if I'm not mistaken, maps that make it past the qualified state can no longer be unranked, so congrats on getting ranked I guess.
A Mystery

buny wrote:

There are some nicely mapped parts, but anyone that isn't deaf can tell that this is completely overmapped. So overmapped that it has reached a point where the map isn't even played to the song; it's literally just streams with some music playing in the background

It's such a shame that maps like these can get past the modding and ranking process. Very huge disappointment @QAT

Oh well, the map is ranked now and if I'm not mistaken, maps that make it past the qualified state can no longer be unranked, so congrats on getting ranked I guess.
While I don't like the map, the streams are mapped to the basskicks in the background, and some other sounds as well. As far as I have looked into the map, I haven't seen any overmapping. This choice of mapping those sounds is a little meh to me, but it is mazzerin's choice to do so.

If it really was overmapped as badly as you think it is, then it would've been DQ'd, just like any other overmapped mapsets.
Topic Starter
Mazzerin

buny wrote:

to be honest i do not know if you are trolling or not but you made my day and i salute you for that. thank you, stranger
zoesan

buny wrote:

Go listen to the song on youtube or spotify.

If anything it's undermapped. The entire second slow part of the map could be one gigantic stream.
CrimsonClaw
This is like my favourite map on osu! <3
Sapphire_Melon
Why ExGon doesn't play ctb?
haunte

Mazzerin wrote:

Zantaria wrote:

Is this really going for ranked? I love it! o/
yes it is

and it did
Lunicia
this map gave me an orgasm