Shmiklak
rip ;w;
milr_

M a r v o l l o wrote:

rip ;w;
pw384
chester we miss you
Doyak
Hello, Andrea! I'd like to ask for the references of the metadata you used. Here's what I've found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dmQ3QWpy1Q
Official video, says 'Heavy - Linkin Park (feat. Kiiara)' on the title. Or in the description says '"Heavy" (feat. Kiiara)'. Two alternatives can be used from this.

Artist: Linkin Park
Title: Heavy (feat. Kiiara)
or
Artist: Linkin Park (feat. Kiiara)
Title: Heavy
Notice the lowercase 'f' and parenthesizes.

Another reference I found is the album.
http://imgur.com/AwlIuFG
Well, they used capital letters for everything in this album. If you use this as a reference, you can't do much other than using "HEAVY FEAT. KIIARA" title.
Though, searching on the official website, we can find some more.
http://linkinpark.warnerbrosrecords.com ... nter-store
All these four different packages use this: Heavy (feat. Kiiara). This is same as the 2nd alternation I suggested above.

Any other references I've searched so far are not official, including external shopping websites they linked on their website (I didn't bother myself searching through every single of their SNS accounts). If you have any official references that justifies the current metadata, please reply here.
Kyouren
We following from the back cover album!

Like this case:
t/592137

Actually, Rizen say in that album is all capital but I think you need ask Rizen for her reason because i'm forget xd

But for my personal, I think it's same because with capital or without capital, it's still same. I'm agree with someone who buying the real original CD and screenshot to show our which metadata is correct :/
IamKwaN
if back cover shows title of all capital letters, please follow
we do not want to raise metadata to a level where it can be determined by inserting subjectivity
we would allow people choosing among official 1, 2, 3 but not 1A, 2B, 3C based on 1, 2, 3

if you do not want to use all-capital-letter title, then follow some other official ones mentioned by Doyak
if you have an official source showing exactly current title, please show us, thanks
Topic Starter
Andrea
I actually used at the beginning both of Doyak's options but I have been told to change it from ezek after I have seen KittyAdventure's post.

The album shows like everything is in caps, but it's not actually, if you go search everywhere no title from the album is actually entirely capitalized.

It's quite confusing because YouTube says Linkin Park (feat. Kiiara) - Heavy while iTunes says Linkin Park - Heavy (feat. Kiiara), in the end the album says Linkin Park - Heavy Feat. Kiiara as KittyAdventure already showed to us.

That said, I don't know what to do at this point really, current Artist/Title is acceptable to me imo.
Doyak
"If you go search everywhere" and I need an official source that actually indicates that the album is not capitalized. iTunes is not considered to be official. The only official things we have so far are the capture of the CD cover, or the official website I've provided.
Topic Starter
Andrea
The YouTube channel can be considered something official, and if you check all of their songs from the album One More Light, none is using fully capitalized titles.

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8qMZrgjjDZ

Also, on the official site that you linked, all the songs aren't fully capitalized either.
Gero
Regarding about the links you've provided. I may say that the CD uses all capitalized letters, because it's the font used by the artist for it so by default it makes all letters capitalized. Most of Pop/Rock singers do that for CDs, so it doesn't mean it have to be followed as it is exactly. In that case even the artist would be LINKIN PARK instead "Linkin Park" so makes no sense having all capitalized in my opinion. I think the same thing was disscussed in another song that had the same issue, but I don't remember it right now. But I'd like to leave the final choice to Andrea for what he want to do about the metadata. For me it should be okay to keep it as it is in my opinion.
Topic Starter
Andrea
The current title that I'm using is following what's shown in the back of the original album, so it's correct to me.

About the capitalized letters I also agree with Gero, many albums uses that kind of style, so it doesn't mean that it's correct only like that.
Doyak
I mean, the ones in YouTube channel are using Linkin Park - Heavy (feat. Kiiara) format. If you're using it as a reference, then you should follow the whole format as well, not just the fact that it's not fully capitalized. Same thing when you follow the album. If you're using album as a reference, then you should follow the whole format, not just the fact that it doesn't use parenthesizes.

If you combine multiple references and make a new format, it's not anymore following official sources. That's what KwaN meant by "we would allow people choosing among official 1, 2, 3 but not 1A, 2B, 3C based on 1, 2, 3"

Also I know that the CD cover might just be fonts, or just for visuals. But you don't know how they'll write it if they're forced to use lowercase too. They may have removed the parenthesizes just because it doesn't look pretty with the capitals, who knows? This is where things get subjective.
Topic Starter
Andrea
That's where I am confused, I am simply following the album back cover in my current title, the only difference is that I'm not using full caps like it's shown because we know it was used only for making a stylish font.

At this point though, what should I do then?
ZekeyHache

Andrea wrote:

That's where I am confused, I am simply following the album back cover in my current title, the only difference is that I'm not using full caps like it's shown because we know it was used only for making a stylish font.

At this point though, what should I do then?
I agree with Gero. Also, we all know this is stylization and this wasn't a random decision since we thought and agreed to use this before the first icon; however, who are we to win against two QATs? Especially when we're talking about KwaN, the metadata goddess. So Andrea, the best thing you can do is just accept the dq and apply one source of metadata. Well, that's what I would do, idk if you wish to try convincing them 👀
Kyouren
I agree with Gero! It's depends with album style!

I agree with Doyak too! It's look weird if used Heavy Feat. Kiiara, i'm sugestion you to used Heavy (feat. Kiiara) = it's more perfect
Doyak
I'm glad that you decided to fix! Poke me when the update is done.
Topic Starter
Andrea
Alright, should be fixed and ready now.

Thanks again for your time checking the mapset!
Doyak
Good, back to qualified~
Kyouren
Regratzz! <3
milr_

Gero wrote:

~ Chester Bennington (1976-2017) ~