forum

Maps checker/syncro for multiplayer [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
iviasquerade
Hope this wasn't proposed already.I think it would be handy an internal application that when launched syncs players maps to see (already in the map selection) if users have them or not.When having lot of map it takes a while to find one that everyone have since not everyone have a fast/stable connection for downloading them on the fly.

Sorry for my english but i'm a bit rusty =P
Guy-kun
It's probably been suggested already but it's a great idea, in a multiplayer game, the host gets to see in song select if all players have the map or not (possibly a colour change of the selection)
All that needs to be done is a comparison of all songs each player has compared to the host's
adam2046
Guy-kun
Nothing interesting or useful ever gets suggested because every topic gets replied to with a link to another that has been dead for a good year.
adam2046

Guy-kun wrote:

Nothing interesting or useful ever gets suggested because every topic gets replied to with a link to another that has been dead for a good year.
It's not that hard to reply to an old thread...
Also I don't see what interesting and useful things being suggested has to do with almost complete duplicates of other suggestions?
Guy-kun
Old threads don't really strike up the want for discussion again, they're just... old.
adam2046
That's...incredibly stupid.
If you post in an old thread with something decent to say about it or a new idea on the subject it will probably start some more conversation. If you bring them back to say "support~" then nothing will probably happen other than a few other people saying "support~".
Guy-kun
The threads usually die after a number of good ideas being said, a number of supports being added and it being left at that.
As if posting something new will make peppy re-read the whole thing.
Zetta
I think this is a fantastic idea.

I've been playing a lot of multiplayer games lately and a lot of the times I'll change a map and nobody has it. Then you have to wait 5-10 minutes for everyone to download the map before you can even play.

In regards to Adam, would it be better if I just necro'd the 8 month post to draw attention to this?

Supporting like a demon.
Topic Starter
iviasquerade

adam2046 wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?p=147220
sorry for the re-post then,it's just that since it was quite old i didn't found it using the search function,probably because it was in the 200th page=P
Derekku
As stated, just revive the old thread if you have something to add. Duplicate threads make me a sad Derekku.

Also, I updated my bumping:howto sticky with notes on necroing (and when it is and isn't acceptable).