forum

Osu!mania burn out?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam
What a sad day. I noticed how much I climbed ranks in Osu!mania in few days straight and after 2 day break I suck. Does this happen often to you guys?
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam
and warming up doesn't seem to help. :D
Bobbias
Sometimes breaks can help, sometimes they can lead to being rusty as hell. I've been in a slump for the past year or so because i haven't been playing enough consistently to keep my skill from dropping... Everyone's different, and needs different amounts of consistent playing to keep from losing skill.
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam

Bobbias wrote:

Sometimes breaks can help, sometimes they can lead to being rusty as hell. I've been in a slump for the past year or so because i haven't been playing enough consistently to keep my skill from dropping... Everyone's different, and needs different amounts of consistent playing to keep from losing skill.
Yeah. Thanks. I am just that kind of player that is trying too much to improve. I should take it more chill.
eggy
Rarely do I ever take breaks but whenever I do so, it really goes both ways for me. I either find myself performing better or my performance goes down a slight bit. Nevertheless though, whenever that happens, it shouldn't take long for you to go back to where you were before. Just take it easy and enjoy the game for what it is.
Topic Starter
BitTripTristam

TrueAegi wrote:

Rarely do I ever take breaks but whenever I do so, it really goes both ways for me. I either find myself performing better or my performance goes down a slight bit. Nevertheless though, whenever that happens, it shouldn't take long for you to go back to where you were before. Just take it easy and enjoy the game for what it is.
Yeah. I will be taking it more easy now. Rhythm games are the only games where I can feel myself being "good" at them and I really love rhythm games.
Bobbias
Just having fun and playing what you want worked for me, and I have EXTREMELY slow learning... It took me......... I dunno, 15 years or something to reach this skill level... And I've seen players pass me in skill in less than a year (if they are fast learners).
NightNarumi
I played for I think one and a half year and I can say that the most important thing is to have fun.
I'm pretty sure that I only improved on days where I was having fun while playing :p.
[Crz]Player

. . .