OTC Signups

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tae
i deserve smth high up
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
Blitz, Tae: which positions exactly do you guys want?
Tae
a good position
Caradine
Tae for vice president
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
Blitz? Tae do you agree with Caradine?
Tae
uh yeah sure, Blitz will be awake soon-ish so he'll respond then
johnmedina999
Alright, I wish to re-sign up for the position as president. It seems as if this Political System is approved by the people, and I work for the people.
So sign me up fam
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
How did yours lose popularity?
johnmedina999

DJ Enetro wrote:

How did yours lose popularity?
My thread was derailed. I was planning to start my speeches around October, but I guess I can start earlier than last year.
levesterz
abraker
Looks like this thread is gaining traction despite its screw up. Sign me up for president.

I wonder how far this will go till gets sucked down a void much like everything else recently...
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
Well you've got quite a bunch of competition, as you're running against johnmedina999 who currently has the popular vote.
johnmedina999
I have a question: are we not allowed to give speeches until August 15? Because that's pretty dumb. I already have a few ready to go.
Qiyana

johnmedina999 wrote:

I have a question: are we not allowed to give speeches until August 15? Because that's pretty dumb. I already have a few ready to go.
i'm voting for you
johnmedina999

Dyl-Byl wrote:

i'm voting for you
You've made the right choice!
abraker

DJ Enetro wrote:

Well you've got quite a bunch of competition, as you're running against johnmedina999 who currently has the popular vote.
I don't think some fancy images and wording are keys to this. It's best presented with action. First course is to get rid of the annoying shit threads that keep popping up.
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro

johnmedina999 wrote:

Yea. Sorry

abraker wrote:

DJ Enetro wrote:

I don't think some fancy images and wording are keys to this. It's best presented with action. First course is to get rid of the annoying shit threads that keep popping up.

Well I'm just the one who facilitates this XD
abraker

DJ Enetro wrote:

Well I'm just the one who facilitates this XD
My response was a reaction to yours saying that I have competition. My response is a solution to promote myself in getting the popular vote. Yet you go out and say that you "facilitates this". So you are implying influence over election the popular vote? How rigged are you implying this to be?

No.. no, this won't do. Clearly DJ Enetro has plans on manipulating the election results.
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
Na. Wait a month and we'll see
abraker

DJ Enetro wrote:

I will assume this is a joke. There needs to be more transperency to this election.

How will the votes be counted?

Why only allow speeches in such a narrow time period?

How is the Peacekeeping Team/PKT team going to function?

Why are the times in HST and not UTC?

Why is the formatting of the bullet points still so ugly?

Do you not have a computer?

And finally, what is in it for you?
Stanvord

abraker wrote:

DJ Enetro wrote:

I will assume this is a joke. There needs to be more transperency to this election.

How will the votes be counted?

Why only allow speeches in such a narrow time period?

How is the Peacekeeping Team/PKT team going to function?

Why are the times in HST and not UTC?

Why is the formatting of the bullet points still so ugly?

Do you not have a computer?

And finally, what is in it for you?
we could use strawpoll or something to vote
abraker

Stanvord wrote:

See, I was thinking about that, but what if DJ Enetro or anyone else casts multiple votes from various VPN? Then it's rigged!

We need to know how many are going to vote before we start the voting first
Stanvord

abraker wrote:

Stanvord wrote:

See, I was thinking about that, but what if DJ Enetro casts multiple votes from various VPN? Then it's rigged!

We could use u as a middle man if ur so suspicious
johnmedina999

Stanvord wrote:

That's what he wants to see happen so he can manipulate votes in his favor! I suggest using someone who has no ties to the elections.
abraker

Stanvord wrote:

abraker wrote:

See, I was thinking about that, but what if DJ Enetro casts multiple votes from various VPN? Then it's rigged!

You mean me as the one who gets the votes to count? That is more ridiculous than these elections.
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

Stanvord wrote:

That's what he wants to see happen so he can manipulate votes in his favor! I suggest using someone who has no ties to the elections.
I am against using any humans for the vote count.

Think about a strawpoll, but you know how many will vote beforehand. All the true people must vote, but if there will be any extras, then we will know.
Stanvord

abraker wrote:

Think about a strawpoll, but you know how many will vote beforehand. All the true people much vote, but if there will be any extras, then we will know.
But we don't know if these other people are just randoms lurking around or second accounts
abraker

Stanvord wrote:

abraker wrote:

Think about a strawpoll, but you know how many will vote beforehand. All the true people much vote, but if there will be any extras, then we will know.
But we don't know if these other people are just randoms lurking around or second accounts
There can't be randoms or second accounts if we know how many here are going to vote. The plan would be to have a thread where everyone who wants to vote posts in and then the number of votes we expect are the number of unique users that would post in that thread.
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

Think about a strawpoll, but you know how many will vote beforehand.
You have to register to vote in real life for a reason.
abraker
Further to filter out randoms, the strawpoll shall be posted on the OT!news discord server and not be linked or mentioned in the announcement. Everyone must know that's where to go to vote from the info in the vote count thread.
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

Further to filter out randoms, the strawpoll shall be posted on the OT!news discord server and not be linked or mentioned in the announcement. Everyone must know that's where to go to vote from the info in the vote count thread.
Now, this is wrong. Not everyone has a discord account, so not everyone can vote. This is manipulation of data. Voting should be easy for all citizens of OT, they shouldn't have to jump through hoops to vote.
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

abraker wrote:

Now, this is wrong. Not everyone has a discord account, so not everyone can vote. This is manipulation of data. Voting should be easy for all citizens of OT, they shouldn't have to jump through hoops to vote.
On the contrary, I think about everyone has one by now. Would be surprised if there are some folks here who want to vote and don't have one.
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

On the contrary, I think about everyone has one by now. Would be surprised if there are some folks here who want to vote and don't have one.
That is no reason to justify manipulating voter turnout! Especially by redirecting voters towards a discord server you initiated, and one you're a moderator of. No, voting will be public and will take place on OT.
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

abraker wrote:

That is no reason to justify manipulating voter turnout! Especially by redirecting voters towards a discord server you initiated, and one you're a moderator of. No, voting will be public and will take place on OT.
Hey dumbass, you are a moderator on that server too. You can even see all my actions on the server. Also need I remind you that the server icon bears your avatar?
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

Hey dumbass, you are a moderator on that server too. You can even see my actions on the server.
This is not about me, this is about the people and future of OT.
As you can see, ladies and gentlemen, we have a corrupt politician!

This "candidate" will push his own agenda and make life on OT miserable if he gets what he wants. It is up to YOU to prevent this! Vote for johnmedina999 to have a safe and stable subforum!

Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
I have no discord, I decree that voting will take place in the OT!Forums
abraker
Well I have tested the water and have determined that they are boilling hot. Way to go to give a challange, this will be a fun one indeed.

As for the corruptive side of things, don't forget that Johnmedina also controls the media along with me, but has more influence over the articles than me.
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
Either way, can you take your debate to another thread? This one must be left open for anyone willing to sign up
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

As for the corruptive side of things, don't forget that Johnmedina also controls the media along with me, but has more influence over the articles than me.
You are wrong, but I will restrain myself for the sake of the rest of the OTC signups.

DJ Enetro wrote:

Either way, can you take your debate to another thread? This one must be left open for anyone willing to sign up
You are right.

Also, requesting sticky.
Topic Starter
DJ Enetro
Also, Blitzfrog, you never requested to run for a specific position. Why not run for the PKT?
show more