forum

osuIdol 2 [Round 2 in Progress!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ekaru

Larto wrote:

I think by now we should accept that this contest just isn't meant to be taken seriously. =p
But my entry was super serious and I spent lots of time and effort on it! It... it... it can't be true. ;_;
Powerdrone

animask wrote:

...I did...decent?!?

its sad that Powerdrone didn't make it tho :(
Awww, thanks!

I thought I performed my song pretty well...

I'll take a listen to the others and draw my own conclusions lol. I'm glad I made it past the preliminaries though!
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
Posting what i think will be Jarby's reaction:

Damn. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Oh Well.
Topic Starter
Larto
HI LIAM
Sweagen
I am also surprised I did decent... I was kinda hyper when I sung the song and wasn't sure if I did a good job... I only realized after I was a bit slow on the main part 687-5309 and I was worried I was going to be eliminated. :D

I still don't see how I did better than Haneii and some other people... :?

I'm liking some of these entries though a lot (especially Lanttu she sounds great)! And yeah, the judging is still kinda all over the place xD
Ephemeral
i'll judge the next round with a grip tighter than a 13 year old kid browsing the internet at 3am
Garven
Woot, passed even with a 2 and a 3 vote (somehow).
Kinda wish there was commentary behind the votes, but I'm sure they'll be there for the later rounds.
Phyrearms
That works for me. :D lol @ ztrot getting a 1.
alvisto

Powerdrone wrote:

Awww, thanks!

I'll take a listen to the others and draw my own conclusions lol. I'm glad I made it past the preliminaries though!
Ya, agree, I really think you performed well this time, and imo, doesn't warrant the low scores... Maybe yours was too loud ?

I am surprised I survived this, orz, because all my friends who heard that said "Ewww, so girly voice" orz
Wojjan
All your friends are jealous
Sweagen

Powerdrone wrote:

animask wrote:

...I did...decent?!?

its sad that Powerdrone didn't make it tho :(
Awww, thanks!

Powerdrone yours is awesome and I definitely think you should have survived this round-- I really see nothing to warrant all those low scores! :|
Krisom

Garven wrote:

Kinda wish there was commentary behind the votes, but I'm sure they'll be there for the later rounds.
I did a quick listen on some tracks. I cannot understand some scores. Please implement this as soon as possible.
NotShinta
I'm sorry ztrot

I am fo' real
peppy
Yeah, there really should be comments each round for the future at very least. The results this round make little sense in many cases.
Nekoroll
ITT: Some weird ass judging. Again. A little better than last time but HRNNGG.
Mashley
gkljwrnogkonworpkgnhw I shouldn't have submitted that take it was fucked up
Ephemeral
i submitted comments for the first round where i judged but larto never posted them :(

i wonder if i should go back and retroactively judge this round's participants anyway
Garven

Ephemeral wrote:

i submitted comments for the first round where i judged but larto never posted them :(

i wonder if i should go back and retroactively judge this round's participants anyway
More feedback the better i'd say.
Powerdrone

peppy wrote:

Yeah, there really should be comments each round for the future at very least.
Rukario
I asked Larto and he said to me "Not in this round yet." about the comments
Sleep Powder

Rukarioman wrote:

just add it anyways
NotShinta

animask wrote:

Rukarioman wrote:

just add it anyways
If you're talking about this round, we didn't write them, silly.

If you're talking about next round, yes. I'm sure we will.
Ekaru

Ephemeral wrote:

1. Post those anyways if you can find them please, I'm interested.

2. I'd like you to, up to you though.
Topic Starter
Larto
I planned them for this round.

Which will start tomorrow. Ignore the OP, it'll start tomorrow >.>
Lilac
I'd also like to know how the hell I got to the next round with a terrible submission like that.

But I shouldn't be this negative. I'm kinda lucky I made it to the next round even with exams going on. Well, I'll be waiting for the next theme and hope to do better than all the submissions so far.

Apparently, you were right, Larto.
KoromoAmae

Larto wrote:

KoromoAmae wrote:

I'll sign up.

Themes aren't going to just be genre-specifications, are they? Like "sing some country" or "do a rap song".
Of course not.
HMMMMMM
peppy
I'm actually not too sure what "electronic" music encompasse. Could someone provide a list of common artists in this genre so I can check whether I actually know any songs? >.>
Ephemeral
electronica? BT, armin van buuren, frankmusik, hell any type of music which places its emphasis on the 'electronic' sounds (phase vocoding, sample stuttering, flangers etc)
Jarby
inb4 everyone sings Bad Apple
Nekoroll

Jarby wrote:

inb4 everyone sings Bad Apple
No more Cristina Vee's, please. :I
Derekku
"Judging Done"

Lardo change the subject :v
Sleep Powder

Derekku wrote:

"Judging Done"

Lardo change the subject :v
^

Disregarding that, I wonder if everyone is doing okay with finding a song.
Ekaru
Finding a song in an electronic music genre should be really, really easy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_el ... sic_genres

Click through some of them. I recommend looking at Synthpop, Eurobeat, and Happy Hardcore (jun loves that one).
alvisto
EDIT : oops xD
Sleep Powder
You shouldn't reveal what artist you're choosing. I think that might be against the rules.
Lilac
Ehh, people knowing the song ain't gonna change anything...

It's the score's at the end, ain't it?
Garven

MarioBros777 wrote:

Ehh, people knowing the song ain't gonna change anything...

It's the score's at the end, ain't it?
I think most of the issue is judging bias for song obfustication, though at this point everyones voices can probably be easily picked out anyway.
Topic Starter
Larto
3 days left
not a single submission
:D
Sleep Powder
I'm working on mine right now. Should be done in a bit...
Lilac
Mine fell apart.

And I don't have that much of a vocal range.

I need to find a better song. But I don't know much.
show more